Hermes In House Counterfeit Ring

I mean I am probably being overly paranoid, but they didn't issue a new receipt because they didn't want to mess up anything with the VAT refund process. It was bought under my husband's name and not mine, and he didn't come back with me the next day so they couldn't issue a new receipt and VAT forms. So the true color doesn't match the receipt.

You have IMO no reason to be paranoid. The purchase came from the FSH store with an explanation that
pertained to the VAT as well as your store receipt. Perhaps you can ask them to make a "notation"
under your husband's name with the explanation you were given. If you have a SA that you work with here in the US
explain the circumstances.
H like any other store can make "mistakes"...Your bag is authentic...

Doubtful if you bought it from the shop. To clarify, same thing has happened previously, H clamped down on it, the not authorized bags were never sold through official shops but to people wanting a certain bag now without waiting or using official channels as the bag and showing the bag was more important

Doubtful the bag was purchased from FSH???... why are you adding unnecessary fuel to the fire..
We take the posters here at their word until otherwise proven...

Last edited:
Thank you @Love Of My Life . It's authentic, beautiful, and from FSH, a dream bag and experience I'll remember forever. Going to drop this thought from my head completely.

Also I think @Gabs007 was saying the same that there is no reason to be worried because it came from FSH - as in, doubtful it's not authentic because it came from FSH, not that it was doubtful that I actually bought it from FSH. At least that was my interpretation! Of course I am telling the truth, no reason not to. If you ever see my other posts, you'll know that I don't sell my bags. They are forever items for me. That's why when I went back to FSH I was fine not getting a new receipt, would have to drag my husband back, and I think one FSH trip was enough for him :smile: I did ask them if the mismatch on the receipt would ever be an issue with refurbishment at the "spa" in the US, and they said no.

Thank you @Love Of My Life . It's authentic, beautiful, and from FSH, a dream bag and experience I'll remember forever. Going to drop this thought from my head completely.

Also I think @Gabs007 was saying the same that there is no reason to be worried because it came from FSH - as in, doubtful it's not authentic because it came from FSH, not that it was doubtful that I actually bought it from FSH. At least that was my interpretation! Of course I am telling the truth, no reason not to. If you ever see my other posts, you'll know that I don't sell my bags. They are forever items for me. That's why when I went back to FSH I was fine not getting a new receipt, would have to drag my husband back, and I think one FSH trip was enough for him :smile: I did ask them if the mismatch on the receipt would ever be an issue with refurbishment at the "spa" in the US, and they said no.

Your comment " I did ask them if the mismatch on the receipt would ever be an issue with refurbishment
at the "spa" in the US, and they said no"
That comment speaks loud & clear to me & you should have no issues
Your bag is the real deal & enjoy it...

To clarify, Hermes has always clamped down on anything not authorized, but due to past work experience on the media side, it has happened before that the artisans produced more items and sold them underhand, often with assistance, but to my knowledge, those bags have NEVER ever made it into the shops, they are really really tight what goes in there. The target market for the "same quality, same items just not authorized" bags are the people who can't wait and want now and are willing to not look too closely. Not a fan of the bags, but they do run an incredibly tight ship

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Sometimes I wonder if they do not use fake-proof technology – if such a thing even exists – on purpose. I mean, if there was a perfectly safe way to tell the fakes apart from the originals, the reseller market would get a huge boost and many customers, who are now too afraid of super fakes and therefore only buy directly from the stores, would no longer accept to play any "games" to get their bags. So maybe, the big brands would actually lose money if they came up with a technological solution to proof the provenance of every bag they aver made.
It ensures that those of us who won’t take chances, don’t take chances and only buy from the boutique in order to avoid buying a fake bag.