Hermes Geta Thread

I got to try one on and play around with it. The strap was a dealbreaker. It was super comfortable but it took me maybe 20 minutes to even get the strap at a setting and then it didn't lay flat at the bottom and bulged in the back. The strap was too complicated and not worth the effort. And I was concerned that there is absolutely no place to add a different strap or make it handheld or have any options. I'm bummed I had to leave it, because it did fit a lot and was lightweight and the design is very clever, but I decided to pass. Maybe I'll regret it but I couldn't be unsure. I was in the Las Vegas store on vacation and was offered it because someone else that day had already passed on it. No one here ever answered my question so in case others wonder the magnet close is good - it will definitely open if you shake the bag (every time I shook it all my stuff came out) but otherwise it seems to stay put.

It’s definitely not a handheld bag. As to adjusting the strap, it takes some getting used to when you adjust it. First to get the length you want and then dealing with making it flat on the bottom of the bag. Wife has never had her flap open inadvertently, but she doesn’t shake her bag.

Reactions: WingNut
It’s definitely not a handheld bag. As to adjusting the strap, it takes some getting used to when you adjust it. First to get the length you want and then dealing with making it flat on the bottom of the bag. Wife has never had her flap open inadvertently, but she doesn’t shake her bag.
I’ve never had the flap open inadvertently either, but I also don’t shake my bags… :graucho:

I struggled at first to adjust the strap then found a way which works for me and is pretty speedy.

I’ve never had the flap open inadvertently either, but I also don’t shake my bags… :graucho:

I struggled at first to adjust the strap then found a way which works for me and is pretty speedy.
my SA, knowing how inept I am, adjusts my bag straps before I leave the store. And I leave the straps at crossbody length or shoulder bag length and don’t try changing the length after. which I know defeats the purpose of an adjustable strap but my mind’s made up so don’t confuse me with the facts :biggrin:

Same here. Haven’t had anything fell out and in fact sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which side is the opening. The magnetic closure is one of my fav features actually.
I did struggle with the strap but once it’s adjusted, it sets in nicely and no issues after. It’s my go to everyday as it holds all the essentials and lightweight.

I got to try one on and play around with it. The strap was a dealbreaker. It was super comfortable but it took me maybe 20 minutes to even get the strap at a setting and then it didn't lay flat at the bottom and bulged in the back. The strap was too complicated and not worth the effort. And I was concerned that there is absolutely no place to add a different strap or make it handheld or have any options. I'm bummed I had to leave it, because it did fit a lot and was lightweight and the design is very clever, but I decided to pass. Maybe I'll regret it but I couldn't be unsure. I was in the Las Vegas store on vacation and was offered it because someone else that day had already passed on it. No one here ever answered my question so in case others wonder the magnet close is good - it will definitely open if you shake the bag (every time I shook it all my stuff came out) but otherwise it seems to stay put.
I actually have to pull the flap for it to open from the magnetic closure and I love the strap because the bag doesn’t move around that much when it’s crossbody. It stays put when I move around versus my Constance that swings back and forth if I bend to pick up something while grocery shopping but definitely different use cases. Also when I saw the mauve pale color I fell in love with the bag and couldn’t say no to it.

Different strokes for different folks…

I actually have to pull the flap for it to open from the magnetic closure and I love the strap because the bag doesn’t move around that much when it’s crossbody. It stays put when I move around versus my Constance that swings back and forth if I bend to pick up something while grocery shopping but definitely different use cases. Also when I saw the mauve pale color I fell in love with the bag and couldn’t say no to it.

Different strokes for different folks…
It was nice, just not for me. But perhaps the color also plays a role in the 'wow' factor and if you love a bag or not. I think mauve is gorgeous!!! but I was offered a bright orange. Perhaps another color would have made me love it more? Could be the color played a big role in why I passed, too. I have never wanted the Constance b/c of the giant H so that is why I was excited by the Geta, the hardware is much more wearable.

It was nice, just not for me. But perhaps the color also plays a role in the 'wow' factor and if you love a bag or not. I think mauve is gorgeous!!! but I was offered a bright orange. Perhaps another color would have made me love it more? Could be the color played a big role in why I passed, too. I have never wanted the Constance b/c of the giant H so that is why I was excited by the Geta, the hardware is much more wearable.

My advice would be to figure out what you’re looking for in a bag. Geta is casual, Constance more formal, Kelly either/or. If it’s an understated bag that most won’t recognize as Hermes, maybe Roulis or Cinhetic. Once you decide on that, colors and everything else like hardware comes into focus. You could get the Geta in the most amazing color you ever dreamed of. If you don’t like the bag itself because of the strap and whatnot, what’s the point? You’ll still not like the bag.

Reactions: paula24jen
I had high hopes for this bag, but the strap was super uncomfortable where it was hitting my neck when worn cross-body. I hardly wear bags over my shoulder - always cross-body. I tried for a weekend and then returned at a loss to fashionphile. Shame bec I love chevre and the shape is fun.

Reactions: daisychainz
I was thinking most people on the Geta threat will be fans. Anyone have a view on what are the downsides or negatives about the Geta?

Likely to be able to get one this week and wondering is there anything I should bear in mind.

I was thinking most people on the Geta threat will be fans. Anyone have a view on what are the downsides or negatives about the Geta?

Likely to be able to get one this week and wondering is there anything I should bear in mind.

Canvas strap makes it a casual bag. We think it’s one of the pros of the bag, but some do not. Wife is going to have to send hers to Madison to get cleaned because of the lighter color becoming dirty.

Reactions: sarachryan
IMG_4608.jpegIMG_4585.jpeg
I got my first ever Hermes bag (actually first Hermes product)! I walked into a store by chance during business trip with zero expectation to buy anything (I had zero Hermes purchase before this and have always been just silently eyeing products online).

Once I got into the store, my eyes were drawn to this GETA and I fell in love immediately!! ❤️❤️❤️ Once I tried it on, I could feel the bag is shouting YES to me, and I just couldn’t put it down! I am a sucker for white/off-white/ivory and this mushroom color just completely took my heart. And now voila I can finally join the Hermes family

View attachment 5857281View attachment 5857280
I got my first ever Hermes bag (actually first Hermes product)! I walked into a store by chance during business trip with zero expectation to buy anything (I had zero Hermes purchase before this and have always been just silently eyeing products online).

Once I got into the store, my eyes were drawn to this GETA and I fell in love immediately!! ❤️❤️❤️ Once I tried it on, I could feel the bag is shouting YES to me, and I just couldn’t put it down! I am a sucker for white/off-white/ivory and this mushroom color just completely took my heart. And now voila I can finally join the Hermes family

Welcome to the slippery orange slope. You started your journey with one of my wife’s favorite bags.