Hermes Geta Thread

I was thinking most people on the Geta threat will be fans. Anyone have a view on what are the downsides or negatives about the Geta?

Likely to be able to get one this week and wondering is there anything I should bear in mind.
The design of the bag is great, but I also left it at the store after trying it on, as I didn't like the strap on. I would probably have gotten it, had the strap been replaceable or attached on the back of the bag. Lots of people on here rock it and look great though.

Does anyone know what 9 colours the Geta comes in? Or direct me to where I can find this information?
I would imagine it comes in more than nine colors? But here is the Hermes webpage showing eight different ones.
(Nata, Vert Fizz, Navy, Etoupe, Cuivre, jaune Citroin, Rose Texas, Rouge Sellier) I’ve also seen: Noir, Sesame, Mauve Sylvestre, Capucine, Orange, and Beton. Unlike other brands, there typically aren’t exhaustive lists of color options per bag for Hermes.

• Love
Reactions: alterego
I would imagine it comes in more than nine colors? But here is the Hermes webpage showing eight different ones.
(Nata, Vert Fizz, Navy, Etoupe, Cuivre, jaune Citroin, Rose Texas, Rouge Sellier) I’ve also seen: Noir, Sesame, Mauve Sylvestre, Capucine, Orange, and Beton. Unlike other brands, there typically aren’t exhaustive lists of color options per bag for Hermes.
Thank you so much for this!! I'm very grateful. I was hoping for something in the rich purple family.

Geta lovers - I am drooling over this 2023 Geta in Etoupe Chevre with GHW on Sotheby’s “Buy It Now” site. What do you think? It looks like a forever bag to me - elegant but under the radar, practical but chic. The clean lines and beautiful skin look TDF but I’ve not seen it in person. I’d be grateful for any informed opinions as I contemplate taking the plunge….

1706154439478.jpeg

Geta lovers - I am drooling over this 2023 Geta in Etoupe Chevre with GHW on Sotheby’s “Buy It Now” site. What do you think? It looks like a forever bag to me - elegant but under the radar, practical but chic. The clean lines and beautiful skin look TDF but I’ve not seen it in person. I’d be grateful for any informed opinions as I contemplate taking the plunge….

View attachment 5936628
Wife loves hers. She was an early adopter before they started the gold hardware but overall, awesome bag.

• Love
Reactions: step2005

View attachment 5936628
I just got mine and adore. It’s casual yet chic and fits plenty! I thought I’d wear crossbody but it might be a shoulder bag for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5577.jpeg
    IMG_5577.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 43
I bought one when they just came out but quickly returned it. I really didn't like the strap going around the bag, especially on the bottom of the bag. And while I love the big straps on my Evelynes I really didn't like the broad strap on the Geta. I had it in the Etoupe colour and it looked very dull. The size is also super small. :sad: What irritated me as well was the fact that front and back look exactly the same.

Reactions: CoconutDonut

View attachment 5936628
I just tried it at my store and loved it. Now I’m waiting for Mushroom to come in. To me, there were many features to love; the luscious leather, the streamlined look, the spacious capacity, the comfy canvas strap, how it’s so under the radar, and most of all the clanking sound of the HW on the bottom hitting hard surfaces is supposed to remind you that of the sound Geta sandals being worn.

However, it’s interesting to note that neither my SA nor my daughter liked the bag and told me Cs are better and don’t get it( in fact, my 10 yr old daughter who loves H kept calling the bag ugly…). Cs are my favs closely followed by the Ks, but I think I can definitely find different use for this from my Cs.
Also, I was planning to get the Mini Lindy and the Mini Gypsiere, but I don't think I will, as I believe this will fill the hole! ( and I’m trying to keep my collection streamlined as well…)

View attachment 5936628

I bought black one when it first came out and have been using it since. It is my most used bag. While it looks small, it fits a lot and I can take what I need for normal daily activities. Very easy to open and close. I wear it across shoulder most of time. But I find the wide strap made it easy to wear on one side. Thin straps like that in C don’t stay on my shoulder as well. I also like the hardware that gives good stability when I put it down and the bottom doesn’t touch the surface. I wear it so much my SA even joked about it is the bag for me. When I travel to Europe, I really appreciate the symmetrical design. It made me feel so much better knowing the bag opening is secure while I still have the convenience to leave the flap on the outside. With the large hardware and nice craftsmanship, the canvas shoulder strap really keeps the price reasonable, at least in the world of Hermes. Good luck deciding. It is a very usable and awesome bag!