Hermes Geta Thread

Wow that's very nice. Definitely pickpocket-proof!

Thank you for sharing! I asked my SA about it and she said they haven't receive it yet. I will probably ask her to help me check in the system to waitlist me when it comes. Trying to find out the SG prices before deciding. The etoupe colour looks really pretty!

Does it fits more than a constance?

It fits more than a c18 since it’s roomier on the inside because of design an no middle divider.

• Haha
Reactions: alterego and kura
Hello!
I’m new to the forum and I was lucky enough to be offered my first bag this week - a Geta in Rouge Sellier.
My first world problem is whether or not I should keep it as I’ve been dreaming about the Della Cavalleria.
Both crossbody but I’m not sure about the canvas strap on the Geta but I do love the accessibility and the width!
Grateful if you could let me know your thoughts perhaps in the Hermes Chat?
Anyway thought I would share it here too View attachment 5348935
:welcome: to the forum! What is it about the canvas strap on the Geta that you're unsure of?

In my opinion, the Geta is more casual in comparison to the Della Cavalleria which can be used dressed up or casually.

:welcome: to the forum! What is it about the canvas strap on the Geta that you're unsure of?

In my opinion, the Geta is more casual in comparison to the Della Cavalleria which can be used dressed up or casually.

Ah thank you!

I worry the canvas strap isn’t as versatile as the thinner DC. I guess I kinda do want a bag for all uses like day to night situations.
Also will the canvas strap pill/bubble up over time?
I still have a bit of time to play with it and maybe I can try dressing it up with a Twilly etc.
I do love the fact the design is so simple and the strap is adjustable from the bottom. Just makes it even more sleek and chic!

Reactions: cravin
Ah thank you!

I worry the canvas strap isn’t as versatile as the thinner DC. I guess I kinda do want a bag for all uses like day to night situations.
I still have a bit of time to play with it and maybe I can try dressing it up with a Twilly etc.
I do love the fact the design is so simple and the strap is adjustable from the bottom. Just makes it even more sleek and chic!
Welcome to the forum, and FWIW, this color is STUNNING! I think the elegance of the design serves the bag well for transitioning from day to evening. And regarding your concern about the canvas strap, I've had my Evelyne for over a decade, with nary a pill on the canvas strap. Good luck with your decision. I know what mine would be. :love:

Welcome to the forum, and FWIW, this color is STUNNING! I think the elegance of the design serves the bag well for transitioning from day to evening. And regarding your concern about the canvas strap, I've had my Evelyne for over a decade, with nary a pill on the canvas strap. Good luck with your decision. I know what mine would be. :love:

Thank you! Once I play around with it a bit more, I think I will be more settled with my choice! It was a bit of a rushed decision cos:
a) first bag excitement :biggrin:
b) the store was about to close​
But c) I love rouge sellier plus the chèvre is so beautiful​

and thank you for the reassurance on the canvas strap, that definitely has helped :heart:

Ah thank you!

I don’t see my wife ever considering it for anything formalish at night. The Geta is a casual bag and it’s great for hanging out. She would definitely grab something else if we were going to a nice dinner with friends (handheld Kelly or KTG, shoulder worn Constance, etc.)

Now as to the canvas strap, H canvas is very durable. I don’t think there will be any issues with it, but time will tell.

I don’t see my wife ever considering it for anything formalish at night. The Geta is a casual bag and it’s great for hanging out. She would definitely grab something else if we were going to a nice dinner with friends (handheld Kelly or KTG, shoulder worn Constance, etc.)

Now as to the canvas strap, H canvas is very durable. I don’t think there will be any issues with it, but time will tell.
Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I agree probably not something for a formal occasion.

someone was considering Getta versus Della cav, and IMO they are totally different in feeling

Getta - modern, streamlined, casual yet elegant, very sleek, linear, EW lines. Hermes states it’s inspired by Japanese design, but it would go with jeans or simple clean flowing designers: Armani, Calvin Klein, Akris, brunello. In my mind, it’s entirely unlike the Constance, even the Constance elan, except for the H hardware. I could have imagined carolyn B Kennedy wearing it with jeans and an oversized white shirt or a Narciso Rodrigues silk shift

mini dell cavalleria - structured, curved, upright, with , a not so subtle oversized equestrian heritage hardware, kind of quirky IMO goes with structured designers like chanel, dior, Marni, vintage Issey miyake (which was also more whimsical) The curves slightly remind me of an old chanel bag that was shaped and curved synthetic hard plastic? (I didn’t buy it so don’t know) forgot if it was a seasonal spa or ski accessory, entirely different from the chain link classics. While the chanel was a riff on modern, the Della cav is a modern riff on heritage. I see this with an audrey Hepburn kind of style

i have slight issues with both in that the base of the straps don’t lie completely flat and smooth when cross bodied, but I do have a preference for slimmer DC straps, as the Getta wider straps seem to flex a bit more. Also I prefer a modern referencing vintage shape.

Last edited:
OMG love the bag. But I'm not sure if I would buy it because I already have the Della Cavalleria, mini lindy and c18. I would rank DC between the mini lindy and c18 in terms of capacity. I wonder if Geta is bigger or smaller than DC in terms of capacity?

OMG love the bag. But I'm not sure if I would buy it because I already have the Della Cavalleria, mini lindy and c18. I would rank DC between the mini lindy and c18 in terms of capacity. I wonder if Geta is bigger or smaller than DC in terms of capacity?

Cannot really help you as the wife doesn't own a DC nor Mini L. The Geta holds considerably more than the C18 because of it's rectangular interior.

Reactions: duggi84
someone was considering Getta versus Della cav, and IMO they are totally different in feeling

Getta - modern, streamlined, casual yet elegant, very sleek, linear, EW lines. Hermes states it’s inspired by Japanese design, but it would go with jeans or simple clean flowing designers: Armani, Calvin Klein, Akris, brunello. In my mind, it’s entirely unlike the Constance, even the Constance elan, except for the H hardware. I could have imagined carolyn B Kennedy wearing it with jeans and an oversized white shirt or a Narciso Rodrigues silk shift

mini dell cavalleria - structured, curved, upright, with , a not so subtle oversized equestrian heritage hardware, kind of quirky IMO goes with structured designers like chanel, dior, Marni, vintage Issey miyake (which was also more whimsical) The curves slightly remind me of an old chanel bag that was shaped and curved synthetic hard plastic? (I didn’t buy it so don’t know) forgot if it was a seasonal spa or ski accessory, entirely different from the chain link classics. While the chanel was a riff on modern, the Della cav is a modern riff on heritage. I see this with an audrey Hepburn kind of style

i have slight issues with both in that the base of the straps don’t lie completely flat and smooth when cross bodied, but I do have a preference for slimmer DC straps, as the Getta wider straps seem to flex a bit more. Also I prefer a modern referencing vintage shape.

Thank you! I definitely need to play around with it and see which styles I would wear more with. If I’m brave enough, I will post some mod shots

Cannot really help you as the wife doesn't own a DC nor Mini L. The Geta holds considerably more than the C18 because of it's rectangular interior.

I can also confirm that the Geta holds more. Cos the DC curves in at the bottom while the Geta is more of a simple structure and also I think maybe a touch wider too (but I didn’t measure)