**Hermes Chat**

View attachment 5440186
Here Koala even got the Chanel ribbon on lol
Lovely pairing. What color is the bag? It looks fantastic.

Meet Boris. He's so big he barely fits into a laundry basket. I gather he had to get his eye healed and he'll be heading to an outside enclosure so that should cheer him up.

1656996526724.png

Lovely pairing. What color is the bag? It looks fantastic.

Meet Boris. He's so big he barely fits into a laundry basket. I gather he had to get his eye healed and he'll be heading to an outside enclosure so that should cheer him up.

View attachment 5440909
My Kelly is trench color.

Wait is your koala real???????!!!! How did you get a real koala?? :heart: Please let me know. I’m so curious and it’s my ultimate dream to be with real koala!:P

My Kelly is trench color.

Wait is your koala real???????!!!! How did you get a real koala?? :heart: Please let me know. I’m so curious and it’s my ultimate dream to be with real koala!:P
I copy pictures from koala rescue efforts & shelters in Australia. It's my dream too to hold/cuddle a koala. I'd have to go to Australia for that. A 12 hour flight. But I've briefly met 1 or 2 people from the US who went to Australia and held a koala. One person told me it was the experience of a lifetime and I truly believe that.

I have been to the koala exhibit at the Palm Beach Zoo. It was a warm day in January, a couple of koalas were held in an open-air shed sleeping away in the pleasant breeze. I read once about a US person who hung around a US zoo and one day wore all her koala stuff and the zoo, who knew here let her hold the koala. (I have a sweatshirt that reads, "My goal in life is to hold a koala," so I'm getting geared up just in case).

There is some talk in Australia about koalas going extinct. IMHO, I think the country is torn between creating new living spaces in the suburbs which of course generates income thru taxes vs. leaving the forests alone so the koalas can live and eat from them. I think they will come close to extinction --- 30,000 koalas were lost during Australia's 2019-2020 bushfire. It's a climate like California and the Southwest, fires are endemic to the region.

Do you think you could get to Australia or someplace with koalas?

I am glad to see what a trench-leather bag looks like. When the centennial of WW1 came around, i was busy reading about it, watching tv programs, etc. (I am a history buff). So I was thrilled to see H issued trench leather and it was so timely, so "of the moment." It's a beautiful color, Classy Collector, congrats.

• Love
Reactions: Classy Collector
I copy pictures from koala rescue efforts & shelters in Australia. It's my dream too to hold/cuddle a koala. I'd have to go to Australia for that. A 12 hour flight. But I've briefly met 1 or 2 people from the US who went to Australia and held a koala. One person told me it was the experience of a lifetime and I truly believe that.

I have been to the koala exhibit at the Palm Beach Zoo. It was a warm day in January, a couple of koalas were held in an open-air shed sleeping away in the pleasant breeze. I read once about a US person who hung around a US zoo and one day wore all her koala stuff and the zoo, who knew here let her hold the koala. (I have a sweatshirt that reads, "My goal in life is to hold a koala," so I'm getting geared up just in case).

There is some talk in Australia about koalas going extinct. IMHO, I think the country is torn between creating new living spaces in the suburbs which of course generates income thru taxes vs. leaving the forests alone so the koalas can live and eat from them. I think they will come close to extinction --- 30,000 koalas were lost during Australia's 2019-2020 bushfire. It's a climate like California and the Southwest, fires are endemic to the region.

I am glad to see what a trench-leather bag looks like. When the centennial of WW1 came around, i was busy reading about it, watching tv programs, etc. (I am a history buff). So I was thrilled to see H issued trench leather and it was so timely, so "of the moment." It's a beautiful color, Classy Collector, congrats.
Thank you so much re. handbag :smile: Wow that’s amazing you’re also really into koalas and love koalas :smile: :heart: I think you’re of few people. My husband initially wasn’t into koalas but now is since he met my koala stuffy haha.

Your idea is great. Wear many koala gears to show your interest and perhaps you’ll get special opportunity ^.^

I’ve been to Australia and held a koala before. It was a surreal experience. Zoo was very protective of koalas. They are an endangered specie in Australia.

I used to live in East Asia. Now I’m in Toronto and it’s a lonnng flight to Australia. My husband wants to go to San Diego Zoo one day and look at koalas. Apparently San Diego Zoo has the largest number of koalas outside of Australia.

Can’t wait to see more photos of koalas from you, wherever they’re from ^.^

Which city/town do you live in?

You can only hold a koala in Queensland - it is illegal in all other states and territories. When I was a kid I held one and I didn't like it as the claws dug so deeply into me, the handler had to take it off! So I just held onto its back while it cuddled my sister!

Yes, the bushfires wiped out so many across the eastern states of Australia. We have some friends who have a property and it is fun to go koala spotting! You look out for the scratch marks on the trees and go from there.

ScarfBloke.

Thank you so much re. handbag :smile: Wow that’s amazing you’re also really into koalas and love koalas :smile: :heart: I think you’re of few people. My husband initially wasn’t into koalas but now is since he met my koala stuffy haha.

Your idea is great. Wear many koala gears to show your interest and perhaps you’ll get special opportunity ^.^

I’ve been to Australia and held a koala before. It was a surreal experience. Zoo was very protective of koalas. They are an endangered specie in Australia.

I used to live in East Asia. Now I’m in Toronto and it’s a lonnng flight to Australia. My husband wants to go to San Diego Zoo one day and look at koalas. Apparently San Diego Zoo has the largest number of koalas outside of Australia.

Can’t wait to see more photos of koalas from you, wherever they’re from ^.^

Which city/town do you live in?
You can only hold a koala in Queensland - it is illegal in all other states and territories. When I was a kid I held one and I didn't like it as the claws dug so deeply into me, the handler had to take it off! So I just held onto its back while it cuddled my sister!

Yes, the bushfires wiped out so many across the eastern states of Australia. We have some friends who have a property and it is fun to go koala spotting! You look out for the scratch marks on the trees and go from there.

ScarfBloke.
I've seen a recent picture where there was a huge pile of scat at the foot of a tree where koala(s) lived. Each looked like a small roll of leaves. Geez, what could that resemble? I've seen a couple of rings (jewelry), one high end, and one quite inexpensive. Each had a koala smoking something that is intended to be smoked. The high end Koala ring is referred to as Stogie, which makes the point nicely. I've seen speculation that koalas get high from eucalyptus -- a proposition which is meant to be humorous as the leaves are naturally toxic.

ScarfBloke.
@ScarfBloke, was the fur really soft? That's what I've heard. Koala pictures often pick up the soft fluffiness of their fur and each time I see one I want to hold a koala.
Even tho koalas get gut bacteria from their mother which allows them to eat leaf (whole 'nother story), years of eating just eucalyptus leaves catches up with them over time. I don't think they're a robust species, but they are damn cute. Even the young koalas, called joeys (same as baby kangaroos and other juvenile marsupials -- pouch animals) seem to me pretty fragile, with susceptibility to renal disease and other conditions hard-to-identify and treat)

Last edited:
Hello, I am hoping for some help. I have a beautiful shiny embossed crocodile vintage kelly (that I have yet to reveal as I am still in amazement by it). Vintage Kelly's did not come with straps. Can anyone suggest where I can get a strap made to match the shiny embossed crocodile?
Thanks so much

Hi loves new here. I was wondering if a suede birkin is rare ? Any insight would be helpful ! Can’t find much on this site about suedes
Suedes, or as H called it, Veau Doblis, are fairly rare, especially because they were mostly rested for years and have just come back this season. So they are as rare as any other exact combo is but without the backup of having been available for years and are just starting to come into the store deliveries for the season.

Suedes, or as H called it, Veau Doblis, are fairly rare, especially because they were mostly rested for years and have just come back this season. So they are as rare as any other exact combo is but without the backup of having been available for years and are just starting to come into the store deliveries for the season.
I knew the French term for suede began with a D, but glad you said Doblis so I didn't go nuts trying to remember it. Thx!