Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

I like the idea of burgundy. How about winter white? I have one pink tweed jacket so have the same issue as @Mindi B I tend to wear navy, gray, or black with it. I am always planning to use winter white but I never seem to get to it.

Beautiful pictures @xiangxiang0731 Have not been there in 10+ years
I agree with white. I think pink and white looks lovely. However I think the combo is also a "dialling it up" rather than "tone it down" but I sure love that look!

I have a fashion question for the chic men and women of the cafe. I have a double-breasted pink velvet blazer. Fairly fitted but broad-shouldered. And it's a firm velvet, not drapey. I can't imagine myself ever wearing a pink velvet SUIT, so I really don't want to buy the matching trousers. But aside from jeans and neutrals like black/grey/navy, any ideas of what sort of trousers (and tops, for that matter) would work with this thingie? I want to tone down the precious factor (pink velvet. Really, Mindi?) and I am casual 99% of the time, so it can be pretty much anything (except skirts. I don't do skirts. Okay, that's not "pretty much everything," that's a big exception. Sorry). :P
Ideas welcome!

I would only wear neutrals and denim with this. What I would consider neutrals: black, greys, white, khaki, taupe, beige, cream, off-white, white, denimdenimdenim, soft powder blues are a maybe.

Reactions: chicinthecity777
For me, velvet skirts or trousers are all about the type of velvet. Cotton velvet will be rather stiff and hold its shape, which I generally don't like for bottoms. Silk or rayon velvet will be more fluid and drapey, and that I love. But that's totally a personal opinion. I have seen street style photos of people in head to toe velvet suits that look pretty "firm" regarding texture--and they look great.

EB, recently you posted a picture of a sheer tulle skirt-over-leggings look item you'd purchased (I think it was Bruno Cucinelli?). My question: How (i.e., with what tops and shoes) and where will you wear this? I just bought a ridiculously cheap but really cute tiered black tulle skirt that has a similar (though more floofy and less sophisticated) vibe as your piece and I need encouragement. It will require either something fitted or cropped as the top and that fitted or cropped thing will need to be very simple and probably edgy/tough to balance the floofiness. I'm thinking cropped leather jacket sort of thing.
This skirt both is me (I am a sartorial freak and love eclectic--okay, weird--items) and isn't me (I am very cowardly about actually letting my sartorial freak flag fly in public).
All are welcome to chime in! But please, nobody tell me that this look is too young for me. It definitely IS too young for me. And I. Don't. Care. :no::blah:
Okay, I'm trying not to care. :hrmm:

Reactions: BBC and dharma
EB, recently you posted a picture of a sheer tulle skirt-over-leggings look item you'd purchased (I think it was Bruno Cucinelli?). My question: How (i.e., with what tops and shoes) and where will you wear this? I just bought a ridiculously cheap but really cute tiered black tulle skirt that has a similar (though more floofy and less sophisticated) vibe as your piece and I need encouragement. It will require either something fitted or cropped as the top and that fitted or cropped thing will need to be very simple and probably edgy/tough to balance the floofiness. I'm thinking cropped leather jacket sort of thing.
This skirt both is me (I am a sartorial freak and love eclectic--okay, weird--items) and isn't me (I am very cowardly about actually letting my sartorial freak flag fly in public).
All are welcome to chime in! But please, nobody tell me that this look is too young for me. It definitely IS too young for me. And I. Don't. Care. :no::blah:
Okay, I'm trying not to care. :hrmm:
Body suit? Love the idea of the leather jacket! Fitted tee shirt with the jacket as well? How about your pink velvet? Too sweet? If you wore short boots with it, perhaps not?