Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

GK, when I read your description of her "Kelly" and "Constance", I don't know whether to laugh or cry! And what's with the fake diamonds etc? And also why tell people your diamonds are fakes? Does she really think they all look like the real things?

I don't get fake either. Like you say how can someone be so clueless? Especially their background should afford them the real things! Mind boggling! I would be the one feel more embarrassed if I encounter such a situation. I have seen fake Birkins inside H boutique. My SA just rolled her eyes!

Exactly so about the diamonds. Did I mention that she said the real 6 ct was home in the safe? That was prefaced earlier i the evening by her telling me that they spent 60k on all new Andersen windows and that their Italian chandelier cost a fortune. Mind you, all of this was not information solicited by me. My DH and I just discussed this a few minutes ago and I told him that I felt this type of information sharing was unseemly, which may be an old fashioned notion. I had to listen to a recitation of all the sports figures and TV actors/producers who live on their street as well. Who asked? These are very nice and generous people, but they are pretty nouveau in this regard and I suppose they just feel they have to tell people all these things.

It might be a culture thing but here we almost never comment on what people are wearing at social gatherings so at least I hope I don't face such situation as much.
Most of the women I know in CA will only mention what you are wearing to compliment it as opposed to NYC where I grew up where they give you the up and down look to mentally register what you are wearing and then don't say a word lol!

Exactly so about the diamonds. Did I mention that she said the real 6 ct was home in the safe? That was prefaced earlier i the evening by her telling me that they spent 60k on all new Andersen windows and that their Italian chandelier cost a fortune. Mind you, all of this was not information solicited by me. My DH and I just discussed this a few minutes ago and I told him that I felt this type of information sharing was unseemly, which may be an old fashioned notion. I had to listen to a recitation of all the sports figures and TV actors/producers who live on their street as well. Who asked? These are very nice and generous people, but they are pretty nouveau in this regard and I suppose they just feel they have to tell people all these things.
We are the same GK! The British never ever tell anything's cost ever. Any mentioning of how much something costs is considered tacky. All we get is "you look lovely today!" And be done with. So much easier if you ask me.

I always roll my eyes when someone constantly discloses what she paid for something, or feels the need to say that something was "very expensive." Er, if I really cared about the cost of your [Chanel, Cartier, VCA] item, I could look it up quite readily.
Once in Bloomingdales, a woman kept looking obviously at my birkin. Finally, I smiled at her, which resulted in an onslaught of how she got the same bag on Canal St and didn't know why anyone would buy it elsewhere. Oookaaaaay.

I always roll my eyes when someone constantly discloses what she paid for something, or feels the need to say that something was "very expensive." Er, if I really cared about the cost of your [Chanel, Cartier, VCA] item, I could look it up quite readily.
Once in Bloomingdales, a woman kept looking obviously at my birkin. Finally, I smiled at her, which resulted in an onslaught of how she got the same bag on Canal St and didn't know why anyone would buy it elsewhere. Oookaaaaay.
Really!! I got that in a Starbucks in Florida once. I just smile and say nothing.

Last weekend some woman in a washroom tried to ask if my rockstuds were "rreeeall". I didn't quite understand so she smiled and said 'nice shoes'.
I am terrible because if point blank asked if something is real, I always say no. I discovered that it is far easier to say no and not have to listen to the speech about "how could you spend all that money etc." It is really none of their business one way or the other. I don't want to engage with strangers in that fashion as it is such a no win situation.

They got robbed on the Andersen windows- Pella or Marvin windows are better.

I like it that they think it's the same bag! LOL! :lol::lol:

I am terrible because if point blank asked if something is real, I always say no. I discovered that it is far easier to say no and not have to listen to the speech about "how could you spend all that money etc." It is really none of their business one way or the other. I don't want to engage with strangers in that fashion as it is such a no win situation.
I think that's really wise.