Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Like you, I remain devoted to the old pieces. The new ones...lack something in my opinion. I'm lucky that my SA understands me and my style, because she knows there's no way I'll purchase a piece, yet we sit and gab for an hour when I go in. Speaking of the beauty of older pieces, I just acquired one that I've been thinking about for a long time. The Kelly Dog cuff MM.

What bag are you using as a jewelry display? Looks yummy.

Hello, all you dear, wonderful friends and kind souls...
A question for you all-
I sometimes go through style "phases", where I'll seize upon a brand, style, etc. and do so somewhat tenaciously for awhile. For many years I've admired Brunello Cucinelli's aesthetic but could never find any of his fashions that would fit me. Lately, however, I've run across 3 pieces that do fit and I'm pleased. I'm interested in knowing your own experiences w/Cucinelli, whether women's wear, menswear, accessories, shoes, or any combination thereof. Have you found the pieces hold up well? Do you find that you have continued to enjoy using/wearing them as time has passed? Thank you for your comments, as always, my dears...

I love Cucinelli and in my experiences they hold up very well. Their cashmere is my favorite, this might sound surprising but I love their cashmere even more than Loro Piana's. Super soft, doesn't pill, the cut fits me well and I don't need to baby them or spend a lot of time trying to make them work with other pieces in my wardrobe. I wear them very often in winter and they're still holding up well after many years. Some of my Cucinelli are about 10 years old and still my workhorses. Very easy to wear. I'm not a big fan of their shoes though. Not that comfortable / practical imo and the style is also a bit too plain for me. Customer service is superb.

I love Cucinelli and in my experiences they hold up very well. Their cashmere is my favorite, this might sound surprising but I love their cashmere even more than Loro Piana's. Super soft, doesn't pill, the cut fits me well and I don't need to baby them or spend a lot of time trying to make them work with other pieces in my wardrobe. I wear them very often in winter and they're still holding up well after many years. Some of my Cucinelli are about 10 years old and still my workhorses. Very easy to wear. I'm not a big fan of their shoes though. Not that comfortable / practical imo and the style is also a bit too plain for me. Customer service is superb.
Thank you Cavalla! I really appreciate your comments, especially because you have a long-term history w/the brand!

Hello, all you dear, wonderful friends and kind souls...
A question for you all-
I sometimes go through style "phases", where I'll seize upon a brand, style, etc. and do so somewhat tenaciously for awhile. For many years I've admired Brunello Cucinelli's aesthetic but could never find any of his fashions that would fit me. Lately, however, I've run across 3 pieces that do fit and I'm pleased. I'm interested in knowing your own experiences w/Cucinelli, whether women's wear, menswear, accessories, shoes, or any combination thereof. Have you found the pieces hold up well? Do you find that you have continued to enjoy using/wearing them as time has passed? Thank you for your comments, as always, my dears...
Hi Hermezzy I cannot help with your question but nice to see you here.
Are you planning your next Paris trip yet?
:wave:

Always keep in touch about jewelry or anything else. You have no idea how often I search the tpf silver thread and go away disappointed b/c no one seems to be buying much h silver lately. The designs from past really have a certain charm about them. I would count confetti among them. It's rather hard to find, too. So I think it's safe to say you picked a collector piece.
Thanks Eagle, I agree, the newer designs are great but now jewellery seems to have gone down the Pandora type route designs seem more similar rather than individual.
Even the H silver pendants with the clou or chain d'ancre seem a little blue box like.
I am looking forward to going to see the Confetti again, we have a wedding in July that it would be nice to wear it to, but not sure I will be able to get to H by then.
I love this cafe it's such a great place to hang out with such lovely and knowledgeable people.
:hugs:

Like you, I remain devoted to the old pieces. The new ones...lack something in my opinion. I'm lucky that my SA understands me and my style, because she knows there's no way I'll purchase a piece, yet we sit and gab for an hour when I go in. Speaking of the beauty of older pieces, I just acquired one that I've been thinking about for a long time. The Kelly Dog cuff MM.
I love this too.
I was wondering about this one, did you get it from the boutique or has this one been discontinued?
Would love to see a modelling shot of this.
:hugs:

Reactions: prepster

How special! I love it.

Reactions: prepster
Hello all! Is everyone starting to get a bit of spring? Lilacs and wisteria have come and gone, here. Now the jasmine in our yard and window boxes are in full bloom. With windows open on warmer days the wonderful fragrance wafts in! :smile: Agapanthus are making a show, too. The deer find them irresistible, but they've politely only snacked on a few! What's blooming where you are?

jasmine4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Hermezzy I cannot help with your question but nice to see you here.
Are you planning your next Paris trip yet?
:wave:
Oh you are so funny--I was actually planning it on the whole plane trip home from the first trip! haha! Unfortuately, it most likely won't be for another year. I am, however, wistfully thinking about doing an eastern US road trip to see places both new and familiar (but haven't been back to for a long time)...would love to drive first to Palm Beach (I hear it is just gorgeous and would love to visit the H on Worth Ave.), then drive to Richmond, VA (lots of friends there- haven't been back in a number of years), then drive to Nantucket (never been- again...I hear it is just gorgeous), then go to Cleveland, OH (went to grad school there and haven't been back since I graduated- a lot of "firsts" for me happened in that city and I'd like to see how it is these days - plus go back to the H at Cuffs in Chagrin Falls), then head back west to home again. It would be a 10-12 day sojurn at least...now I need to see if I have the audacity to actually do it (take the time off from work, plan it, etc.)... lol

Hello all! Is everyone starting to get a bit of spring? Lilacs and wisteria have come and gone, here. Now the jasmine in our yard and window boxes are in full bloom. With windows open on warmer days the wonderful fragrance wafts in! :smile: Agapanthus are making a show, too. The deer find them irresistible, but they've politely only snacked on a few! What's blooming where you are?

View attachment 3725492
My jasmine is just about finished and the agapanthus are just starting to bloom. I just love the scent of the jasmine! I have a big one outside of our bedroom so it always smells sweet then the plant is blooming. I have gone through the first big rose bloom and the plants are gearing up for another showing soon.

View attachment 3725492
My agapanthas have been decimated by hungry hoarde of deer as they leap right over my iron fence and munch every agapantha in sight. Its okay thpugh because there is certainly enough lavender, jasmine, mick orange and day lilies that they won't eat.

My jasmine is just about finished and the agapanthus are just starting to bloom. I just love the scent of the jasmine! I have a big one outside of our bedroom so it always smells sweet then the plant is blooming. I have gone through the first big rose bloom and the plants are gearing up for another showing soon.

One of our jasmine filled window boxes is at a bedroom window. Hoping it warms up just a bit. Warmer evenings with the fragrance drifting in is so wonderful, isn't it? We have some carpet roses blooming now, pretty but not much fragrance.

Both our front and back yards need refreshing, which a nice way of saying significant rehabilitation! With the water situation having been uncertain the past several years we continued watering plants as needed, but we'd stopped watering our lawn. Would love to redesign the yards right away, but we're currently getting quotes for a new roof, painting the exterior of our house, and replacing some window sashes. So we'll wait to do yard work until all that is complete to avoid the disappointment of new plants getting trampled! I'm craving a beautiful patches of green grass again!

My agapanthas have been decimated by hungry hoarde of deer as they leap right over my iron fence and munch every agapantha in sight. Its okay thpugh because there is certainly enough lavender, jasmine, mick orange and day lilies that they won't eat.

Hi lanit, Our agapanthus are white. I'm wondering if they're less tasty than the purple? They've only eaten a few of ours, maybe they are discerning deer and prefer the purple!

Oh you are so funny--I was actually planning it on the whole plane trip home from the first trip! haha! Unfortuately, it most likely won't be for another year. I am, however, wistfully thinking about doing an eastern US road trip to see places both new and familiar (but haven't been back to for a long time)...would love to drive first to Palm Beach (I hear it is just gorgeous and would love to visit the H on Worth Ave.), then drive to Richmond, VA (lots of friends there- haven't been back in a number of years), then drive to Nantucket (never been- again...I hear it is just gorgeous), then go to Cleveland, OH (went to grad school there and haven't been back since I graduated- a lot of "firsts" for me happened in that city and I'd like to see how it is these days - plus go back to the H at Cuffs in Chagrin Falls), then head back west to home again. It would be a 10-12 day sojurn at least...now I need to see if I have the audacity to actually do it (take the time off from work, plan it, etc.)... lol
Hi Hermezzy! We were in Richmond Va today visiting the Virginia Fine Arts Museum. It's a really great place, DH found it was listed on the web as having had one of the broadest and comprehensive collections. Went there to see an exhibit of jewelry by Jean Schlumberger of Tiffany. The many jewelry and objects d'art were from the collection of Mrs. Paul ("Bunny") Mellon. There was also an Yves St. Laurent exhibit but I skipped that as I've seen one before. We had time also to briefly stick our heads in the Asian art section, which had some wonderful Asian artifacts, things unlike what I had seen at the Freer or Sackler in DC. And the furniture-laden Art Nouveau and Art Deco sections.
Someone at the Schlumberger exhibit expressed amazement to me that one woman could own so much jewelry. (!!!!!!!) I know how. Way back when, the Washington Post featured an article about how Bunny Mellon was spending the summer wearing the same dress (an early 80's puffy sleeve with flared skirt) all the time and carrying a wicker picnic basket for a purse. For evening she'd unbutton the top button. I know what it is like to get obsessed with a particular item of clothing or a particular color.
The jewelry was tremendously ornate. Think of the Dior rings that are covered with enamel flowers (which were introduced maybe a good decade ago). His bracelets and necklaces were covered with spiky diamond flowers clustered together. I saw the famous moonstone brooch of a jellyfish. There was a spiky fish brooch that reminded me of the dolphin brooch that Richard Burton gave Elizabeth Tayor when the Night of the Iguana movie was completed. I could see why costume jewelers like Boucher and Kenneth Jay Lane were inspired by Schlumberger.