Hermes Austin

Haha I realize that made me sound a little crazy. One of my favorite coffee shops is a couple blocks away so I grabbed my morning coffee, took my dog for a walk around Music Lane area and casually tried to guess where it might be :cool:

I love the "Weird Austin" crowd as well, but for me it's a different story when you're visiting a city versus living somewhere. I moved here less than a year ago from one of the top 5 biggest cities in North America where I was spoiled with luxury shopping options so Austin was definitely a bit of an adjustment to say the least. The Domain just doesn't do it for me, online shopping isn't the same... and I don't want to drive 5+ hours round trip to either Dallas or Houston and back just to go to a Chanel or Hermes boutique.

I moved here 25 years ago when I was still in elementary school from Houston and my mom used to take a road trip every year for back to school shopping and big occasions. We still do it several times a year - even with the Domain, Austin is still pretty limited and what is here gets really picked over.

Reactions: LKNN
omg this is amazing news! i just started a relationship with an SA in Dallas. now im wondering if i should stop and wait to start a new one with an SA here since it will be in my hometown... hoping it will be easier being offered a quota bag here ☹️

We're from Austin and planning a trip to Dallas for DH to have a CRT tv serviced for his gaming setup and then we'll make a stop at the Dallas store in May. Too impatient to wait for the SoCo store too open and not sure if I'd even want to drive to it once it opens. Traffic on SoCo is horrible. I feel like an old, crotchety, curmudgeon *****ing about how much Austin has changed and how it's not the same peaceful place it once was when I moved here 20 years ago. And I'm pretty sure the $1 taco place they were talking about was Doc's. $1 taco Wednesdays. :P

This is fantastic news! I've been waiting for my hometown to get a Hermes store ever since my first Birkin some 15 years ago. Does anyone have any updated info as to the opening date?

Wow, I won't tell the highway cops that you can do a round trip to Dallas or Houston in 5+ hours -- It's 3 ½ hours for me to go Austin - Houston and 4 hours to make it to Dallas, one way. :graucho: And that's usually on Sunday when I have a matinee ticket to the ballet.

I moved here less than a year ago from one of the top 5 biggest cities in North America where I was spoiled with luxury shopping options so Austin was definitely a bit of an adjustment to say the least. The Domain just doesn't do it for me, online shopping isn't the same... and I don't want to drive 5+ hours round trip to either Dallas or Houston and back just to go to a Chanel or Hermes boutique.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I won't tell the highway cops that you can do a round trip to Dallas or Houston in 5+ hours -- It's 3 ½ hours for me to go Austin - Houston and 4 hours to make it to Dallas, one way. :graucho: And that's usually on Sunday when I have a matinee ticket to the ballet.

I moved here less than a year ago from one of the top 5 biggest cities in North America where I was spoiled with luxury shopping options so Austin was definitely a bit of an adjustment to say the least. The Domain just doesn't do it for me, online shopping isn't the same... and I don't want to drive 5+ hours round trip to either Dallas or Houston and back just to go to a Chanel or Hermes boutique.
[/QUOTE]
Hahaha... Houston I can absolutely do round trip in 5 hours as long as it's not rush hour. I take one of our sports cars and drive like I'm about to miss a sale at Saks. Dallas definitely takes longer and has been a pain lately because of all of the construction. I used to be able to do Dallas in about 2h 45 each way. :graucho: Lately it's been hit or miss, so I can understand why it would take you so long. The combination of traffic & construction have just made for complete insanity lately.

Any new updates on the Austin store? There’s about 3 articles up now stating that Hermès got a lease for a 7,600 sqft space on Music Lane. Can’t wait to start my Hermès journey!

I'm watching on a daily basis and anxiously waiting as well.... was thinking of making a trip up there and walking around to try and scope out where exactly this space might be ☺️ Hope for news soon.

Reactions: katkayrgb
Can’t wait! Just saw that too when we finally got a chance to visit downtown. Your pictures are great so I won’t post mine. Looks to be at least 2 stories and a good size store.

Hi all,
I live in austin as well and I am looking forward to the store opening. I am currently working with an SA at the Houston store and he told me that the goal is for the store to open in February of 2022. Also if you go to Sophie Roach’s IG she states that the store is to open in early 2022. So I am guessing in February/March is the eta pending any more issues. I know the pandemic and the winter storm did push this back. Originally, the store was supposed to open in November of 2021. Hope this helps!

Hi all,
I live in austin as well and I am looking forward to the store opening. I am currently working with an SA at the Houston store and he told me that the goal is for the store to open in February of 2022. Also if you go to Sophie Roach’s IG she states that the store is to open in early 2022. So I am guessing in February/March is the eta pending any more issues. I know the pandemic and the winter storm did push this back. Originally, the store was supposed to open in November of 2021. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the update! This was the most concrete piece of info I’ve heard. I was starting to get antsy.