Hermes Apple watch

Hi all, am brand new here and am very grateful for all of your posts - I've spent all afternoon devouring them! My husband bought me a 44mm Hermes Series 4 watch with Ébène Barenia Leather Single Tour Deployment Buckle a few days ago. Its gorgeous but I think I would prefer the 40mm on my wrist (the 44mm just feels too big and heavy, even though my wrists aren't skinny) and I love the look of the Double Tour straps, particularly Etoupe, but also Fauve. I have a question I wonder whether you can help with:

- The standard Double Tour strap on the Apple website says that it fits wrists 130-155mm. When I look on the Hermes website it states 140-160mm on the page with the watches or 145-170mm for the strap when bought on its own. Are there really 2 versions and, if so, is the "long" one noticeably different? I tried to try the standard double tour strap in an Apple store today but it was attached to a security device which couldn't be removed so I couldn't try it properly. I'm thinking of ordering the 40mm watch with Etoupe double tour strap, which can only be ordered directly from Hermes it would seem (in the UK at least), and I really don't want to get it wrong and end up with a strap which is too long and has the end sticking out.

- Also, on the hermes website the Etoupe looks slightly metallic. Is this right or is the photo slightly misleading? I'm not sure I would want it to be metallic (see pic below).

Thanks so much for any advice!
x

Hi all, am brand new here and am very grateful for all of your posts - I've spent all afternoon devouring them! My husband bought me a 44mm Hermes Series 4 watch with Ébène Barenia Leather Single Tour Deployment Buckle a few days ago. Its gorgeous but I think I would prefer the 40mm on my wrist (the 44mm just feels too big and heavy, even though my wrists aren't skinny) and I love the look of the Double Tour straps, particularly Etoupe, but also Fauve. I have a question I wonder whether you can help with:

- The standard Double Tour strap on the Apple website says that it fits wrists 130-155mm. When I look on the Hermes website it states 140-160mm on the page with the watches or 145-170mm for the strap when bought on its own. Are there really 2 versions and, if so, is the "long" one noticeably different? I tried to try the standard double tour strap in an Apple store today but it was attached to a security device which couldn't be removed so I couldn't try it properly. I'm thinking of ordering the 40mm watch with Etoupe double tour strap, which can only be ordered directly from Hermes it would seem (in the UK at least), and I really don't want to get it wrong and end up with a strap which is too long and has the end sticking out.

- Also, on the hermes website the Etoupe looks slightly metallic. Is this right or is the photo slightly misleading? I'm not sure I would want it to be metallic (see pic below).

x

I have the Etoupe band, and I don't find it metallic in the least. Perhaps it's the nature of Swift, as a smooth leather to appear more metallic in the photos, as that leather certainly reflects light differently than Epsom or Barenia, and some bands are in those leathers.

Reactions: jcmbro

x
I have the Etoupe band, and I don't find it metallic in the least. Perhaps it's the nature of Swift, as a smooth leather to appear more metallic in the photos, as that leather certainly reflects light differently than Epsom or Barenia, and some bands are in those leathers.
Thank you! That's really good to know. The pic below gives a sense of why I thought it looked a bit shiny/metallic.
Out of interest do you have the double tour strap?

Attachments

• Etoupe_strap.jpg
    Etoupe_strap.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 399

x

Thank you! That's really good to know. The pic below gives a sense of why I thought it looked a bit shiny/metallic.
Out of interest do you have the double tour strap?

I do have the double tour. I have the regular length, not the long, but also have very small wrists. The double tour style is beautiful. Hopefully you can find the length most suitable for you.

2D032843-5EAB-4ED5-8442-BAE2380D404B.jpeg I’ve been on an H band tear lately. Bought both the new blue and pink double tours, last year’s rose/Bordeaux single tour (I know that’s not the exact colors), and finally snagged this one from H.com while it was still available. After missing a few that sold out, I told myself no more waiting when new bands I like come out.

I'm new here but I've been lurking and since I couldn't find this, I decided to post it myself. First is Rose Sakura double tour mixed with Rose Extême and Rose Azalée. Next is Rose Sakura, Craie, and Argile double tour. Cheers!

Beautiful!
It seems they ran out of the color Bordeaux. Your first band used to have a combinations of Rose Azalee/Rose Extreme and Bordeaux. Yours is still beautiful with the three pinks combined. :smile:

Beautiful!
It seems they ran out of the color Bordeaux. Your first band used to have a combinations of Rose Azalee/Rose Extreme and Bordeaux. Yours is still beautiful with the three pinks combined. :smile:

They didn't run out, I chose to mix three pinks. I was wearing the bordeaux a lot in the fall/winter and wanted lighter colors for spring so I got the new sakura color to mix in.

Two more. I couldn’t edit my original post above.
View attachment 4381873 View attachment 4381874
zzzman, you are at the leading edge! Looks great on you. I feel kind of silly that after my watch update I didn’t go look at new faces, once I saw new faces by chance on H.com while looking at scarves, I saw the new straps! Well, a short slide down the slippery orange slope an hour later, but I have a double tour blue Lin on the way! I have an LV handbag that is a tri color dark blue, light blue and cream leather, fingers crossed it will look fabulous, especially with the blue cw of Animapolis! Can’t wait to “be blue”! Everyone’s bands look great.

Reactions: Dr. H and zzzman