Here They Are 2008 Swatches Pics, we can get on list

I so miss ateliernaff, I wish LP would put it up again. I don't REALLY know what happened, but she was a great resource and a great pfer as far as I knew. Her blog was fantastic.

Same here... that thing was my bible :crybaby:

I feel a little less easy to be 100% confident now when looking at bags on eBay. On naff - being able to check the year/season in one blog, then move to the the colour blog to match up the colour with the season card, then matching the metal letter on the inside tag gave me so much confidence in buying online (I had each blog page in my favourites)

TPF is great of course :love: and I always trust the opinion and knowledge of TPF'ers too...

I just loved the way the information and little stories on ateliernaff were documented and presented.

I think I took it for granted :sad:

Me too ... I :heart: LOVED :heart: the Ateliernaff site! While I love tPF too, I liked the fact that I had one place to go and could look at all the different Years/Colors in one place. Whenever I looked at anything on eBay, I always consulted the "bible"! I thought she had said that she stopped because the site had been hacked into ... gosh, don't people have better things to do then be malicious? Geez ... :crybaby:

Me too. That was my bible/reference point for buying bbags and educating me about bbags.

I loved that site. Does anyone still have pages saved? If so please let me know!! The references on colour year by year etc etc was brilliant. Not that its not good here....!

Regarding the subject matter though of this thread, its nice to look now at the 08 swatches after having seen Magenta, Thyme and Sahara in real life last night. I have to say that the swatches are spot on and look exactly like the bags to me.

Which make the swatch of eblue all the more interesting...

karenab...the swatch pic of EB looks a lot darker than French Blue...and for some reason I've been imagining it would be more like French Blue...but I guess it's not. Interesting, indeed!

attachment.php

Attachments

• eb.jpg
    eb.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 925
Is the current season in stores still the 2007 Fall/Winter? If so, when do they start releasing the 2008 Spring/Summer season?

I received a dark green "Pine" Balenciaga 2007 Fall/Winter City as a gift from my mother in the mail two days ago and am in love. I never went out of my way to check out these bags, but now that I have touched one I understand ;). It's a dark hunter green sort of shade which is lovely, but I would love to get another color after looking at everyones amazingly colorful pictures (caramel, red, that bright robins egg blue shade, etc?). She purchased it from Neiman Marcus in Honolulu, and while Neiman Marcus near me in Boston does not carry Balenciaga, they said they could order the color/style I wanted and have it shipped to them.

Unfortunately, since they do not carry the Balenciaga line at their shop, they could not particularly help me with color options (she said she pulled up "Ivory" and "Green" but none of the others I found listed as a 2007 Fall/Winter color on the forum, or when the next season will be released).

I would like to know how much longer I have to exchange this so it holds its value...in case they discount old Balenciaga models in stores once the new season appears. If anyone could help me that would be great :yahoo:

Also, is it possible to purchase a longer shoulder strap so the bag could be worn across the chest in a messenger bag style? Or did this only come with older editions of this handbag?

- New Balenciaga lover

Welcome - I'm no expert on Bal bags (yet), but the Balenciaga reference section on this forum has a ton of info that can help you. Currently Bal is in S/S 2008 and most of the colors are out in stores - S/S colors are Electric Blue, Sky Blue, Lt. Magenta, Bubblegum, Sahara, Vert Thyme, Black, yellow, vermillion and I may have missed one -it will be in the reference section. F/W 2008 comes out in August I believe. How long to exchange it would depend on NM's policy, but as long as you have the receipt you should have no issue w/ full value although Bal bags are rarely discounted - especially the City bags. As far as a strap, do a search here - there are bunch of threads discussing strap lengths -the short answer is Bal doesn't make a separate strap.

This email just came from BNY so the lists are now open.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the wait is finally over! We are happy to announce
the Spring/Summer 2008 Handbag Collection Colors!!
Please be advised to make your selections early and place yourselves on the
reserve lists, to ensure receiving the bags of your choice. I look forward
to hearing from all of you; this is a very exciting season, full of
beautiful colors.

Once again, with the exception of a few, all styles will be available in
all colors. We are still offering classic hardware, giant gold hardware,
and giant silver hardware. Please call me with any specific questions, or
concerns you may have.
Spring/Summer 2008:
Black-
Thyme-similar to Sage green less olive tone
Electric Blue-gorgeous bright blue
Baby Blue-a light powdery blue (darker than sky blue)
Pale Magenta-like a softer fuchsia, very different from ’05 Magenta
Petal Pink-soft feminine, perfect shade of pink
White-
Sahara-cream bisque, similar to sandstone
Collection Colors 2008:
Coral Red-bright and beautiful true coral red
Electric Turquoise-intense turquoise,(milkier than aquamarine)
Fluorescent Yellow-extreme color, very bright yellow…very fun!

***In addition to the above mentioned leather colors, we are offering the
City bag, the Brief bag, and the Weekender, in a few of the beautiful
floral prints from our runway collection!! THESE BAGS ARE GORGEOUS!
There are very limited quantities, so please reserve one soon!! Simply log
on to www.balenciaga.com to view our Spring 2008 Ready to Wear Collection.
The fabrics are as follows: Look #9 will be available with Dark Green
Leather Trim. Look #21 will be available with Fluorescent Yellow Leather
Trim, and Look #10 will be available with White leather trim.

Thank you again for an amazing 2007, I look forward to working with you all
in the new year.
Have a Beautiful Day!

zpfile000.jpg
Does anyone know how diff the 08 electric turquoise color will be from the 05 turquoise? Darker, lighter?:thinking:

Does anyone know how diff the 08 electric turquoise color will be from the 05 turquoise? Darker, lighter?:thinking:
Advice please! Would LOVE to get a Balenciaga grape 08 (First or City) before buying one of the bright colors for Spring- how likely to find a grape at this point? New to buying after the season and not sure what to do?:confused1:

Current collection:

Black City 2006
Black hobo 2007
White city 2006
Grape wallet 2007
Calire First 2006