Help! Want to buy pearls...

^^^I'm glad you said that! I was very curious to hear your take on them.

They were sold to me as freshwater (at freshwater pricing), but I really think they made a mistake! It was from a large online company that was in a huge personnel transition at the time I bought them. They also sold/sell Tahitians. I have quite a few Tahitian pearl pieces and these pearls are dead ringers for Tahitian. When I lay them side by side, it's hard to tell the difference. I asked my local GG how to tell the difference. He said the only way was to actually x-ray them so he could see the center. I'd LOVE to think I've actually got a Tahitian necklace and may do that one day.

My mom was set on some Tahitian pearls and she bought 3 (three single pearls) for over $500!!! That was wholesale price!!! And they aren't even that dark. But they are huge.

If those are really freshwater then they are stunning examples of peacock pearls! Yowza!!! :wtf: :P I love peacock pearls but can never photograph them to show their true colors. Although white pearls are hard to photograph too. :Push:

If those are really freshwater then they are stunning examples of peacock pearls! Yowza!!! :wtf: :P I love peacock pearls but can never photograph them to show their true colors.

Exactly, so you can imagine how drop dead beautiful they are IRL!!! I nearly fainted when I opened the box the day they were delivered. Holy schmokes!! :wtf: