HELP!! USPS says they delivered my Balenciaga but to the wrong zipcode

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a Work off of eBay and got it authenticated here and was told it seemed ok but I needed more pictures of the rivet (thanks again to the authenticators) and I was waiting to receive it to take photos since the seller said she already packed the bag and couldn't take more photos and I should have asked for them earlier.

Anyhow, she shipped it out, sent me the tracking number and I was tracking it since yesterday since that was when it was suppose to be delivered. My zipcode is 10003 and usually my mail arrives at the 10003 post office so it will say 'out for delivery 10003'. But yesterday it said 'out for delivery 10009' so I thought it was a little weird but I calmed myself and waited. So it was out for delivery for a long time and at about 5.30pm, the tracking status showed 'delivered 10009 at 10.24 am' and I never received it.

I contacted the seller and she said she delivered to the right address. She seemed helpful and we both called the post office and they said they will open a case. I don't know if its a good idea to wait for them to investigate or if there is anything else I can do. Also does this sound like a scam to you?

Has this happened to anyone and how did it turn out? Please help! I was so excited to get my first balenciaga, I can't believe this happened!

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a Work off of eBay and got it authenticated here and was told it seemed ok but I needed more pictures of the rivet (thanks again to the authenticators) and I was waiting to receive it to take photos since the seller said she already packed the bag and couldn't take more photos and I should have asked for them earlier.

Anyhow, she shipped it out, sent me the tracking number and I was tracking it since yesterday since that was when it was suppose to be delivered. My zipcode is 10003 and usually my mail arrives at the 10003 post office so it will say 'out for delivery 10003'. But yesterday it said 'out for delivery 10009' so I thought it was a little weird but I calmed myself and waited. So it was out for delivery for a long time and at about 5.30pm, the tracking status showed 'delivered 10009 at 10.24 am' and I never received it.

I contacted the seller and she said she delivered to the right address. She seemed helpful and we both called the post office and they said they will open a case. I don't know if its a good idea to wait for them to investigate or if there is anything else I can do. Also does this sound like a scam to you?

Has this happened to anyone and how did it turn out? Please help! I was so excited to get my first balenciaga, I can't believe this happened!

I would post this in the ebay forum, they can give you some excellent advice on what to do. Sorry this happened. Was it insured?

Hi everyone!

Usually, when I click on the tracking number link, it says the destination of my package. This does sound very odd!

Hi everyone!

She should have used signature confirmation if the total cost including shipping was more than $250. This means that she should be able to see who signed for it online. Ask her to check this.

I don't think it shows that online, but the USPS will have a record of the delivery address. I believe that if it shows delivered to the wrong zip, your seller will be out of luck, but that wont give you the bag.

If I were the seller, I would be getting on the phone with the USPS right away. I hope that the bag was insured!

Zip codes change and even though an address can be correct, the post office will re-direct mail to the newly assigned "sub" zip code. Generally that's not a problem, especially since 10003 and 10009 are in NYC. (It's more common that large cities with many boroughs or neighborhoods will get sub-divided into separate zips.)

According to USPS, 10009 is this postal location. Call the actual location (not the 1800 number) and give them the tracking number. They have the ability to look up who the carrier was who scanned that package and they can' and should contact him for further information.

TOMPKINS SQUARE
244 E 3RD ST
NEW YORK, NY 10009-9991

(244 E 3RD ST NEW YORK, NY 10009)
800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777)

Phone 212-673-6415

I'm asking her now but if it shows who signed for it, it still wouldnt show the wrong address it was delivered to right?

The last time I used signature confirmation a few days ago), I had the PO email me an image of the signature. When I got the email, it showed not only the signature, but the first line of the address too (meaning the house number and street name).

The "delivered to" zip code was incorrect so at first I was a little worried, but once I saw the address line, I figured it was one of those sub-zip code things since it was going to a big city.

Of course, since you didn't receive at, and it says you did. Call the PO. I once had my package say it'd been delivered, and lo and behold, it was actually sitting at the PO and the person scanning and updating had just gotten careless. At least your seller is being helpful for now. Was it shipped to a business or a doorman building? Could you check with the building mail room or doorman if so?

Zip codes change and even though an address can be correct, the post office will re-direct mail to the newly assigned "sub" zip code. Generally that's not a problem, especially since 10003 and 10009 are in NYC. (It's more common that large cities with many boroughs or neighborhoods will get sub-divided into separate zips.)

According to USPS, 10009 is this postal location. Call the actual location (not the 1800 number) and give them the tracking number. They have the ability to look up who the carrier was who scanned that package and they can' and should contact him for further information.

TOMPKINS SQUARE
244 E 3RD ST
NEW YORK, NY 10009-9991

(244 E 3RD ST NEW YORK, NY 10009)
800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777)

Phone 212-673-6415

Hi I don't really understand the sub zip thing but this is the first time something like that has ever happened - that the package was sent to the wrong zip code.I tried calling the post office with the 10009 zip code and didn't get a response. I read somewhere about mail forwarding, is it possible the previous tenant of the apartment got the mail forwarded to that location? Thanks!

The last time I used signature confirmation a few days ago), I had the PO email me an image of the signature. When I got the email, it showed not only the signature, but the first line of the address too (meaning the house number and street name).

The "delivered to" zip code was incorrect so at first I was a little worried, but once I saw the address line, I figured it was one of those sub-zip code things since it was going to a big city.

Of course, since you didn't receive at, and it says you did. Call the PO. I once had my package say it'd been delivered, and lo and behold, it was actually sitting at the PO and the person scanning and updating had just gotten careless. At least your seller is being helpful for now. Was it shipped to a business or a doorman building? Could you check with the building mail room or doorman if so?

Thanks for sharing your experience! That gives me a tiny bit of hope! I called USPS again (the 1800 number not the local office) and they just kept saying that the case is being worked on and provided no further information. This is starting to become more worrying as the investigator has yet to contact me and they are supposed to contact me by the end of the business day today.

so frustrating :sad:

Thanks for sharing your experience! That gives me a tiny bit of hope! I called USPS again (the 1800 number not the local office) and they just kept saying that the case is being worked on and provided no further information. This is starting to become more worrying as the investigator has yet to contact me and they are supposed to contact me by the end of the business day today.

so frustrating :sad:

Yeah, the 1-800 number is totally useless...

Let me know if I'm getting too detailed, lol, but are you in or near Stuy town? I live nearby and know for a fact that Stuytown uses multiple zip codes. According to Google 10003 and 10009 are among them! Perhaps it is worth poking around the neighborhood or asking security to check?

Of course if you're NOT in Stuytown, continue to hassle USPS, but get the local numbers!