Help! Turnlock Issue with Kelly Longue Wallet

waterfalls

O.G.
Apr 26, 2006
Hi all! I just received a beautiful brand new BE Epsom Kelly Longue wallet from a re-seller that was authenticated. I was just fiddling with it and felt that it was a little bit difficult to open the wallet off the turnkey. I thought it might be because the wallet is so new and not worn in yet. Then i had a look at the turnkey from the side and it looks like it is curved downwards somewhat, not perpendicular to the plate it is soldered to. Is this the same with your kelly wallet? Or is it just mine?

I tried to capture this on my camera. Hope it's clear enough! 20160727_233202.jpg

My turnkey for both my kelly longue wallet's are straight. Perhaps it was a defect in manufacturing? You could probably take it to an H store and have one of the SAs look at it and they may recommend that it be sent back to Paris for review for defect and possibly replace (but if it's not defective then I believe there may be a cost for hardware replacement). I had to send back an evelyn with defective hardware that was eventually replaced.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I sent an email to the seller, hope I get a helpful response. Would anyone know how much hardware replacements or repairs would cost? Would the store entertain me if it was a manufacturing defect. And wallet is clearly brand new but I'm not the original purchaser?

Thanks everyone for your replies! I sent an email to the seller, hope I get a helpful response. Would anyone know how much hardware replacements or repairs would cost? Would the store entertain me if it was a manufacturing defect. And wallet is clearly brand new but I'm not the original purchaser?

Just an update to anyone following this. I went into my local store today and the SAs were really nice about it. They showed me another kelly wallet they had, was not super easy to open as well but it was more straight than mine. They suggested letting the craftswoman (from France but based here) have a look. They said it might be possible to replace it here if she has the parts, and since it's new, they may be able to waive it. Although i was quoted a smallish fee on the repair slip. They also said that if the wallet is not a Hermes product that it will be destroyed and I wont get it back. It's a standard thing they tell all customers that bring in goods for repair / spa apparently. I said sure, but please let me have something in writing if it has to be destroyed (just in case, as this wallet has already been authenticated before i bought it).

Not sure if the seller will assist me at all though she replied quite quickly yesterday saying it's from the store and i should bring it in to Hermes to see what they can do.

Oh well, fingers crossed it can be easily fixed and i don't have to wait the quoted 6 to 8 months for my wallet!

further update! The SA at my local store called me back as promised on the same day and said that the craftswoman saw the hardware and said it was a handling issue, something damaged it. =( good thing is that they recommended that i replace it rightaway. I agreed of course. Now to wait 6 to 8 months!.... i miss my wallet already!

Hermes look to be coming out very well in this as you bought it 'new' from a re-seller.
I hope the re-seller compensates you for this. Did the re-seller buy it new to re-sell at a premium?

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Hermes look to be coming out very well in this as you bought it 'new' from a re-seller.
I hope the re-seller compensates you for this. Did the re-seller buy it new to re-sell at a premium?

It was purchased by her from the Marbella store and the price on the receipt was redacted. But I don't think it was sold to me at a premium. Maybe just a little more if she had tax refunds but not a huge premium. Why do you ask? Hermes will clamp down on resellers? I hope I don't get her into trouble. But she did ask me to go to the store. For now I haven't raised compensation with her but I don't want to make allegations as it may have been damaged in transit (though I really doubt it as the external postage box did not have any damage) and the hardware is soooo hard it would have taken a very hard knock to bend it that way if it was not a defect. For now I just hope to get my wallet back as soon as possible...

It may not take 6-8 months - my wallet hardware was replaced at my local boutique (similar issue but HW was defective from manufacture) and it only took about 6 weeks.

Since you posed the question: I asked if the re-seller bought to sell (new) at a premium, because it seems that professional re-sellers that do that have made it more difficult for ordinary shoppers, buying for themselves, to purchase with choice in the boutiques. Note I make the distinction of buyers who purchase with no intention of using the bags themselves. People who do that for sporting events or concerts are called touts and despised; why is the practice condoned in this market?

Hello guys am facing a problem with the Turn-lock of my brand new kelly to go the screw down there is moving and goining upwards i have to push it down every time is it a common problem? 13422D8C-0CFF-4BE3-9E5F-E215014AE618.png