Help! New first time luxury bag owner to be*

I have it in mono/noir and no regret at all. It is my most use bag. If you really love this bag, I'd get it now. There's a rumor of price increase coming soon. You can always ask for the box, dust bag and ribbon later on. Your happiness is priority. If the bag bring you joy and you are comfortable with the money spending then you should get it. Not everyone likes LV or luxury brands.

Welcome to TPF! You come to the right place! Good luck deciding :flowers:

Reactions: baghabitz34
Thank you, this does make sense since I was checking out bloggers who had a fairly medium to large collection of varied bags. Someone’s something is probably another’s starter bag somewhere in the world.

Don’t forget that bloggers with many viewers post as a sort of job, and may publicly favor designer brands that reward them with $$$ or gifts. Don’t make a decision on your first designer bag based on the fact that some influencer was gifted a Dior, YSL, whatever bag instead of LV.

I think for your first purchase as others have suggested try to go to a boutique. You can try the bag on and see if it’s comfortable and if you like the colour. A friend has this colour and she loves the pop of red and the bag gets used quite often. She uses it while wearing jeans and runners and while wearing summer dresses, it’s pretty versatile. I opted for the empriente version it hasn’t arrived yet, I was torn between the red and pink but opted for the noir empreinte as it’s less in your face with the monogram. I have other bags in monogram, de and da canvases and just wanted a leather piece.

As for the basic ***** bag, I think that’s more of an option of those who already have too many luxury items. Guess I’m the most basic of the basic, my first luxury bag was an LV speedy!

In the end it’s whatever makes you happy and what fits your lifestyle

I think you should check out the store first especially your first LV purchase. I went to the store last weekend and it is not bad at all. Buy whatever you like. I research a lot when I brought my first one but then now I want another one. In the end, buy whatever makes you happy.

I really hate the “basic” label in general. Why should anyone care what other people like?

I’m a huge LV fan, and I don’t think you could get a better first luxury bag. However, I also want to talk a little about my understanding of why LV gets this “basic” label, in case it is something that ultimately bothers you. Of course, others may have different reasons for why they think this perception exists.

• Because LV is such a great first-time luxury purchase, it’s more prevalent than other luxury brands—in other words, people who start with LV may not purchase the same brands as each other from there on out. Also, LV canvas doesn’t have a lot of competition. If you want a certain kind of leather bag, you could get it at just about any luxury brand. Canvas options are much more limited, and LV arguably does this best.

• Because LV canvas is so hardy, you’ll see people carrying LV in situations where they would never carry more delicate bags. This also contributes to it being a little more prevalent, and it can lead to an idea that these are workhorse bags rather than luxe bags. If you ask me, the beauty is that they’re both.

• In particular, a lot of people gravitate to popular models such as the Speedy or Neverfull. These are both terrific bags, but snobs/gatekeepers may view them as lazy choices and think the wearer is using the bag as a status symbol. I’m just full-on rolling my eyes at that, but I’ve heard it said.

• Many people don’t do the research they should or do the upkeep they should, which can lead to them having unrealistic expectations and complaining about things that aren’t LV’s fault. This can lead to an idea that LV isn’t as great a quality as it should be. I don’t believe that’s at all true, though!
I personally love LV, and I think you made a great choice for your first bag. I was pretty long-winded here already, but here’s a post I made already with the reasons I really love LV:

Wow I have never heard that term before. Despite have a pretty large LV bag collection as well as H bags, I guess people will think I'm a basic B***h carrying my NeoNoe?? Hilarious. Get that beautiful bag and enjoy every minute of it ;)

Reactions: Prsgrl
Id also recommend trying to buy it in the boutique- it makes it so much more of an experience. I also wouldn’t pay much attention to anyone calling the brand or the canvas bags basic. Like the other posters mentioned, everyone has different opinions, but LV isn’t going out of style.The Noe design came out in 1932, and it’s still a popular bag. Few brands have bags with that kind of longevity.

I’d say go for it! I have the neonoe in mono and noir, and I think it’s the perfect everyday bag. I don’t worry about precipitation; I don’t feel the need to baby it like I do my leather bags; and it’s a classic look. You’ll love it.