HELP - might get ears pierced..have a few questions!

• How much does it hurt? I've heard it compared to a pinch...
  • Piercing gun or no? I've heard horror stories but then again, lots of people get it done w/ a gun!
  • Where? Claires, Piercing Pagoda, etc?
Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Getting your ear doesn't hurt that much, just make sure you keep your ears clean and not get infected. I got pierced with the needle and the gun and I agree with the other post the Gun will make you jump. I would suggest the needle is better. I had my stomach pierced and I passed out. And make sure that you don't wear too heavy earnings to fast or they will rip your ear which happened to mine and I can't wear heavy earnings anymore. I was told I have to go to a plastic surgeon to get them sewned up. Anywya, please learn from mistakes and I think you will love having your ears pierced.

Getting your ear doesn't hurt that much, just make sure you keep your ears clean and not get infected. I got pierced with the needle and the gun and I agree with the other post the Gun will make you jump. I would suggest the needle is better. I had my stomach pierced and I passed out. And make sure that you don't wear too heavy earnings to fast or they will rip your ear which happened to mine and I can't wear heavy earnings anymore. I was told I have to go to a plastic surgeon to get them sewned up. Anywya, please learn from mistakes and I think you will love having your ears pierced.

I dunno...needles seriously creep me out, I can't get a flu shot without cringing. It's not even the pain, it's my extreme fear of needles.

But then again, the whole "guns make infection more likely" and make you jump also worries me...I jump when they squirt air into your eye at the eye doctors so I don't see how this is much different.

Ahhhh! :Push: We'll see... Thanks for everyone's responses...I appreciate any other opinions too!

Tbh the gun that the piercer used on me had a detachable bit so that was changed every time,and as I am such a wuss I liked the quickness of the gun,if the peircer gets on with it you can have both done before they start going warm,and if your pre-warned about the noise of the gun its less likely you will jump out of fright cos your not expecting it! I found the only one that really hurt me the instant I had it done was my nose,THAT made my eyes water,the others it was all so fast that I was confident to go on and have it all done again!!! And keeping them clean and infection free is no biggie,just keep doing it and you'll be fine,I have taken care of seven piercings and had no trouble with any,not even the one in my nose!!!xxxx

As long as you clean it daily you shouldn't have any issue with infection. I had mine done at Claire's on two occasions - when I was 13 and then again at 20. I don't like needles, guns, pain, etc, but I found it to be a quick and fairly painless process.

I was pierced my first time at 6 months old.. and my mom let them close up.. and i was pierced again at 2 years old. Getting pierced with a needle at a real piercing and tattoo shop is better. I've been infected by guns before with different piercings.. And don't follow my example, but other than my lobes my other three cartlidge piercings were all done by ex-boyfriends with a tac, hahaha.. but i've never had any problems! :P

I got my first set done when I was 5. Second at 13. Third at 16, maybe. Cartiledge at 17. Tragus and 4th set at 18. Belly at 20. Nose at 21. Whew! All of my ear piercings (except my tragus) were done at Claire's. I would consider going to a piercing shop just because of the extra cleaning precautions that they take there. They are so immaculately clean and answer any sort of questions that you have - not to say that Claires wouldn't, but I tend to pay more attention to someone with a facefull of piercings and tattoos over someone who might not and is coming at me with a gun. Although I have since taken out my 3rd and 4th set, always keep your new piercings clean - especially after you take a shower (soap tends to stick back there). Don't use towels - the harbor bacteria - instead use a paper towel. The first few nights it might be sore to sleep on. And the anticipation is always worse than the actual piercing!

Best of luck, let us know how it goes, and now you can buy gorgeous earrings!

^ Don't worry about your fear of needles - I'm an immense needlephobe, but I even managed to get tattoos! (I look at it this way - I'm controlling the needle through my tattoos/piercings and can tell them when to stop, whereas a Dr wouldn't).

It's so fast and over before you know it!