HELP ME!! I got clothing dye rubb off on my pebbled tote!!

yeah PLEASE be careful with the pebble leather. I have a WHITE pebble leather BCBG bag that I have to be extra careful with :nuts:

Im going to try the eraser but I personally took my bcbg into the Coach store to ask about cleaning for the BCBG bag upon what the SA's at BCBG suggested and they do not have a cleaner for pebble leather.

Unfortunately there are just certain types of leather that are prone to dye transfer and staining more than others and caution should be exercised when carrying those kind of bags because those types of leathers aren't 'cleanable' per se. Coach doesn't recommend anything as far as pebbled leather or suede go (beyond the suede care kit), but some of the girls here have tried things and they've worked quite well-- such an an eraser for pebbled leather and a nail file for suede.

my caution is using Appleguard Leather Conditioner/ Protectant.

I would never use a nail file on suede, essentially that is "sanding" off the napp. I've cleaned suede with a wet wash cloth. I have sprayed suede, nubuc, metallic suedes with Apple Repellent.

Coach needs to see a copy of this thread.

Entheos, do you think that there is any chance that the Applegarde cleaner might get the denim transfer out?
Please advise. Your advice is much appreciated. I am kind of miffed about this as I had sprayed the bag with Applegarde protectant against stains before wearing the bag. I have worn it for a month. I am never ever going to wear a light colored bag with denim ever again. It is going to be black for me or turquoise blue.

I want to clarify that I use the conditioner, on all my leather goods, and it did remove the denim transfer from my white Ali. I haven't used the cleaner. I can't say absolutely that it will, but since you sprayed it, perhaps it can be removed easier. Follow the directions, do a test spot first, for colorfastness and then to see how it dries.

Also, there is a FAQ about cleaning thread in the LV forum.

Coach doesn't say not to use their moisturizer and cleaner at all, just not on certain types of leather. For normal leathers they use them all the time. Like on normal Soho stuff, for example.

I wish they'd come out with something that could moisurize my Daphne though. *sigh* She's looking parched and it saddens me.

Coach doesn't say not to use their moisturizer and cleaner at all, just not on certain types of leather. For normal leathers they use them all the time. Like on normal Soho stuff, for example.

I wish they'd come out with something that could moisurize my Daphne though. *sigh* She's looking parched and it saddens me.

Why is everyone so afraid to take care of their leathers? Different leathers require different treatments but they shouldn't be neglected.

Read this: http://www.lovinmybags.com/tips.html

Why is everyone so afraid to take care of their leathers? Different leathers require different treatments but they shouldn't be neglected.

Read this: [URL="http://www.lovinmybags.com/tips.html"]http://www.lovinmybags.com/tips.html[/URL]

I dunno. I'm afraid because I spend a lot of money on them, and the Coach SA's tell me not to do anything to certain bags because of the style of the leather, and I figure they would know so I listen to them. *L*

Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it. :smile: