Help me decide! Coach Gallery Tote or Coach Parker

Brnzxoxo

May 30, 2016
I have had my eye on 2 (older)bags but only really want to purchase one.

Coach Optic Suede Gallery tote
Pros: LOVE the colors, matches most of my wardrobe. Usually wear totes anyway.
Cons: very worried about the suede and color transfer. I actually saw a filthy one at the thrift store the other day for $32 but I’m too scared to try to rehab. The one I’m looking at is NWT.

IMG_7528.jpeg
Coach Parker pink stripe
Pros: have been trying to move to more mid size bags because I tend to carry as much as the bag will fit (wear neverfull a lot) which doesn’t help my back, LOVE the colors.
Cons: had it and sold it in the past, mostly panic sold right at the start of covid. Also don’t really like center compartments.

IMG_7529.jpeg

What do you think is the better choice?

I like the gallery tote because I’m partial to a smaller tote to carry all my things. I know the open centre can seem big but the side pockets and maybe an organizer pouch in the middle eg., Nolita 19 might help?

I recently bought a small Coach suede bag and gave it a gentle cleaning with a small “made for suede” brush and then a suede protective spray. She looks really good!
IMG_4748.jpeg

Sounds like totes are more your style and what you would actually use. Maybe get the tote and some apple guard to protect the suede

Thank you for your input! I do find when I go “off script” with purchases they usually don’t work out. As boring as it can be I do find sticking with what’s more style is what gets the most use not just what I like the look of! I have apple gard so I will definitely use that! Thank you

Reactions: holiday123
I like the gallery tote because I’m partial to a smaller tote to carry all my things. I know the open centre can seem big but the side pockets and maybe an organizer pouch in the middle eg., Nolita 19 might help?

I recently bought a small Coach suede bag and gave it a gentle cleaning with a small “made for suede” brush and then a suede protective spray. She looks really good!
View attachment 5794964
Oh my goodness this bag is so pretty! I recently got a Coach chevron suede hobo like this and love the size! The flower is so pretty! Do you know the name of this bag?

Reactions: musiclover
Oh my goodness this bag is so pretty! I recently got a Coach chevron suede hobo like this and love the size! The flower is so pretty! Do you know the name of this bag?
Yes, it’s called the Soho Floral Suede Small
Hobo. It was created for the Peace Games, a sports competition between American and Canadian athletes. See posts #81, 974 and #81, 975 under Shopping - Authenticate this Coach for more info.

Reactions: Brnzxoxo
I can tell you prefer the tote so I’m voting for that one. I had and sold this parker in black with gunmetal hardware. It was gorgeous but I don’t like mid sized bags either lol. It felt too lady like for me and I also don’t like shoulder carry bags. I prefer small cross bodies or backpacks. Unless you have real sellers remorse, I wouldn’t repurchase it.

Reactions: Brnzxoxo
I can tell you prefer the tote so I’m voting for that one. I had and sold this parker in black with gunmetal hardware. It was gorgeous but I don’t like mid sized bags either lol. It felt too lady like for me and I also don’t like shoulder carry bags. I prefer small cross bodies or backpacks. Unless you have real sellers remorse, I wouldn’t repurchase it.
Thank you so much for this! I would up buying the tote & of course wanted to use it asap but it was pouring today lol. But I agree as much as I want to use mid size bags I never use them. I always use totes or bigger bags. And you know what I don’t really have sellers remorse. I think if I still had the Parker I’d use it but not as much as a tote, even if it’s all suede

I have had my eye on 2 (older)bags but only really want to purchase one.

Coach Optic Suede Gallery tote
Pros: LOVE the colors, matches most of my wardrobe. Usually wear totes anyway.
Cons: very worried about the suede and color transfer. I actually saw a filthy one at the thrift store the other day for $32 but I’m too scared to try to rehab. The one I’m looking at is NWT.

View attachment 5794703
Coach Parker pink stripe
Pros: have been trying to move to more mid size bags because I tend to carry as much as the bag will fit (wear neverfull a lot) which doesn’t help my back, LOVE the colors.
Cons: had it and sold it in the past, mostly panic sold right at the start of covid. Also don’t really like center compartments.

View attachment 5794705

What do you think is the better choice?
pink defo