• MOP 5 motif

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Guilloche 5 motif

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Hammered gold 5 motif

Votes: 50 28.2%

• Total voters
Such a sweet dilemma :biggrin:

I definitely think you should get a colored stone one! I wish I can help further but I understand the struggle as they’re all beautiful.. when I was choosing my first 5 motif, I knew I wanted a colored stone because I already have the love and JUC as solid gold/every day pieces and was accepting the fact that stones might not be as durable for everyday.. I wanted MOP because I thought it would be more versatile but the moment I tried on the onyx one I knew it’s the one! It just pops and was so strikingly beautiful!

Good luck!

I'm facing the same dilemma as you but unlike you, I only have the budget for one bracelet. I tried on the MOP 5 motif and completely fell in LOVE. It's so beautiful and shiny and looks so good on me, but I have concerns about the durability especially because I am very lazy about jewelry so I prefer to just put something on and never have to adjust / remove it again. I also love how shiny the guilloche looks but my SA told me if I were to stack and wear it every day, it would get scratched up very easily, so that's a no-go.

I tried on the hammered gold in rose gold only (they didn't have yellow at the time I was in store) and I was really let down by how meh it looked. I didn't love how pink and matte the rose gold looked, and it was just completely underwhelming. I'll have to go try it on in the yellow gold because that seems more promising, but I'm also not sure I want to spend C$6k on a bracelet I'm only meh about. I'll have to really give it some deep thought.

I completely understand, as I purchased the rose gold 10 motif based on the same principles.. it's hard to imagine this kind of spend on materials (malachite, onyx, carnelian, chalcedony, etc) which "back in the day" only came in sterling silver! I was in a mall store/franchise recently and saw a giant hunk of malachite (like a paperweight) all shined up, it was under $50.00.
I've seen those too!! I saw a giant malachite decor piece for $35 and then I was like why am I paying thousands of dollars for this at VCA. I only have a MOP piece which is also a cheap resource, but it's so beautiful and shiny I couldn't resist. I'll probably go for solid gold as my next item though, it just seems like it's better "value" for money.

Reactions: baghagg and DS2006
I'm facing the same dilemma as you but unlike you, I only have the budget for one bracelet. I tried on the MOP 5 motif and completely fell in LOVE. It's so beautiful and shiny and looks so good on me, but I have concerns about the durability especially because I am very lazy about jewelry so I prefer to just put something on and never have to adjust / remove it again. I also love how shiny the guilloche looks but my SA told me if I were to stack and wear it every day, it would get scratched up very easily, so that's a no-go.

I tried on the hammered gold in rose gold only (they didn't have yellow at the time I was in store) and I was really let down by how meh it looked. I didn't love how pink and matte the rose gold looked, and it was just completely underwhelming. I'll have to go try it on in the yellow gold because that seems more promising, but I'm also not sure I want to spend C$6k on a bracelet I'm only meh about. I'll have to really give it some deep thought.

I agree MOP is very pretty! It was the piece that made me fall in love with VCA! But...I have mentioned that I bought a VCA inspired MOP bracelet from Etsy and I think it’s almost equally as pretty as the real thing as they use real MOP as well. I paid 100 CAD for it so I just cannot bring myself to pay almost 6000 CAD after tax for the real thing

I was not a fan of hammered gold. I gave it a try as it’s the most durable care free 5 motif bracelet VCA offer. To my surprise, I may even like it more than the guilloche. I bought it with intention for stacking. After time I start enjoy the matte look of this bracelet against the shining finish of my love and JUC. It’s good contrast. It’s matte but it’s not dull. It gives a nice glow effect rather than being sparkly

I tried the rose gold too and did not like it. It blended in my skin and looked dull. Yellow gold is more glowy on my skin tone. You should definitely try YG before making the decision But yea if In the end you still prefer MOP, you should go for it. Stacking MOP should be okay. I’ve seen so many people doing that and it seems fine. Just a bit extra work to put it on and take it off. If it’s something that makes your heart sing, it’s worth it right ? Lol

For the guilloche I still think it is beautiful and I’m amazed by the craftsmanship. But I’m starting to worry that it will not stand test of time. I mean it might be something that’s easier to get sick of. But I’m really not sure if I’d want to exchange a solid gold piece for some cheaper stones sigh

Last edited:
I agree MOP is very pretty! It was the piece that made me fall in love with VCA! But...I have mentioned that I bought a VCA inspired MOP bracelet from Etsy and I think it’s almost equally as pretty as the real thing as they use real MOP as well. I paid 100 CAD for it so I just cannot bring myself to pay almost 6000 CAD after tax for the real thing

I was not a fan of hammered gold. I gave it a try as it’s the most durable care free 5 motif bracelet VCA offer. To my surprise, I may even like it more than the guilloche. I bought it with intention for stacking. After time I start enjoy the matte look of this bracelet against the shining finish of my love and JUC. It’s good contrast. It’s matte but it’s not dull. It gives a nice glow effect rather than being sparkly

I tried the rose gold too and did not like it. It blended in my skin and looked dull. Yellow gold is more glowy on my skin tone. You should definitely try YG before making the decision But yea if In the end you still prefer MOP, you should go for it. Stacking MOP should be okay. I’ve seen so many people doing that and it seems fine. Just a bit extra work to put it on and take it off. If it’s something that makes your heart sing, it’s worth it right ? Lol

For the guilloche I still think it is beautiful and I’m amazed by the craftsmanship. But I’m starting to worry that it will not stand test of time. I mean it might be something that’s easier to get sick of. But I’m really not sure if I’d want to exchange a solid gold piece for some cheaper stones sigh
Thank you! I'll definitely try the hammered gold in yellow. Which boutique in Canada did you buy yours from? I'm in Vancouver so I go to the boutique on Alberni street.

They didn't have the hammered gold in yellow gold when I went a few weeks ago, but I'll ask again the next time I'm there. I'll have to go back in 1-2 weeks to pick up a necklace that my mom ordered. One reason I was kinda meh on the hammered gold was I felt it looked too dull next to my Cartier love bracelet, but maybe it's a good thing since the Alhambra design itself is a standout so the gold doesn't need to be as shiny or polished.

The guilloche is beautiful. I was in awe the first time I saw it in person - it just sparkled so much in the light. I don't think I can justify spending $6000 on a bracelet I don't wear all the time. I only justified the Cartier love because it was something I could wear 24/7. If I can't find something I love at VCA, I might look at Cartier again, as I also love the thin JUC with the diamond accents.

Thank you! I'll definitely try the hammered gold in yellow. Which boutique in Canada did you buy yours from? I'm in Vancouver so I go to the boutique on Alberni street.

They didn't have the hammered gold in yellow gold when I went a few weeks ago, but I'll ask again the next time I'm there. I'll have to go back in 1-2 weeks to pick up a necklace that my mom ordered. One reason I was kinda meh on the hammered gold was I felt it looked too dull next to my Cartier love bracelet, but maybe it's a good thing since the Alhambra design itself is a standout so the gold doesn't need to be as shiny or polished.

The guilloche is beautiful. I was in awe the first time I saw it in person - it just sparkled so much in the light. I don't think I can justify spending $6000 on a bracelet I don't wear all the time. I only justified the Cartier love because it was something I could wear 24/7. If I can't find something I love at VCA, I might look at Cartier again, as I also love the thin JUC with the diamond accents.

Ah I go to the same store on Alberni! I bought mine just last weekend that’s weird they told you they don’t have it if you were there a couple of weeks ago.

I agree that the Alhambra design is loud. I do feel a bit much to wear these unique shape on both wrist. So I dont know if I should keep the guilloche or not. I kinda wish I just got one Alhambra. But I feel VCA is a lot harder to choose than Cartier lol I wonder if they offer refunds. If they only do store credit maybe I’ll exchange it for a colored stone so at least it’s not all yellow gold. Then again, my rationality will question myself again on the value of stones lol

I am eyeing the thin love too! But I’ll have to wait for next year or so when I have budget

Thin JUC with diamonds is beautiful. I had it for overnight. I like it so much so I had to exchange for the original with diamonds lol

Reactions: pinkrose398
Ah I go to the same store on Alberni! I bought mine just last weekend that’s weird they told you they don’t have it if you were there a couple of weeks ago.

I agree that the Alhambra design is loud. I do feel a bit much to wear these unique shape on both wrist. So I dont know if I should keep the guilloche or not. I kinda wish I just got one Alhambra. But I feel VCA is a lot harder to choose than Cartier lol I wonder if they offer refunds. If they only do store credit maybe I’ll exchange it for a colored stone so at least it’s not all yellow gold. Then again, my rationality will question myself again on the value of stones lol

I am eyeing the thin love too! But I’ll have to wait for next year or so when I have budget

Thin JUC with diamonds is beautiful. I had it for overnight. I like it so much so I had to exchange for the original with diamonds lol

That's okay! Maybe they just got it it, I'll ask again the next time I go.

I agree that VCA is harder to choose from than Cartier. I only like the love and the JUC collections from Cartier, and you can easily stack those together, whereas I find it's a bit overwhelming if more than one Alhambra is stacked on one hand. It's beautiful if you can pull it off, I personally can't (which is probably a good thing for me haha).

Reactions: Mjxxsyd
That's okay! Maybe they just got it it, I'll ask again the next time I go.

I agree that VCA is harder to choose from than Cartier. I only like the love and the JUC collections from Cartier, and you can easily stack those together, whereas I find it's a bit overwhelming if more than one Alhambra is stacked on one hand. It's beautiful if you can pull it off, I personally can't (which is probably a good thing for me haha).

May I ask who is your SA?

It’s definitely very hard to pull off both hammered gold and guillcohe lol
I do like the look when I stack onyx when my hammered gold lol

I have the onyx and absolutely love it. The onyx makes the gold pop, and the contrast of the gold against the black really make the workmanship stand out. I have the mop arriving this week but looking at your pics makes me think I need the hammered gold. Basically we all need all of them :smile:

Yes onyx looks really good when I tried it with the hammered gold. Tbh I never liked onyx lol I thought black is boring so that’s my least fav stones. I’m very surprised that I liked it so much

Yea when you’re even considering the stones that you thought you would never do, that’s what it makes it so hard to decide lol

Reactions: rileygirl
Yes onyx looks really good when I tried it with the hammered gold. Tbh I never liked onyx lol I thought black is boring so that’s my least fav stones. I’m very surprised that I liked it so much

Yea when you’re even considering the stones that you thought you would never do, that’s what it makes it so hard to decide lol
It's addicting. I know I am going to end up getting another one, I need to stop looking at all the pretty pictures. My mop is supposed to arrive tomorrow so I will be able to compare the onyx and the mop :smile:

May I ask who is your SA?

It’s definitely very hard to pull off both hammered gold and guillcohe lol
I do like the look when I stack onyx when my hammered gold lol
I don't have one, I didn't like the person who helped me the first time I went so the second time I just made an appt with whoever was available. What about you?