HELP! I need to go to Jewellery Anonymous!

Well, my mom spent her spare money on jewelry - she passed on some beautiful pieces to me and my siblings, mostly gold pieces. However, she hardly ever wore her jewelry. I wear mine every day - I do have an addiction, however, I feel that I have put together a collection that is sizable and makes me quite happy (mostly Yurman, Tiffany and Cartier) and I don't feel like I need to add any more, UNLESS, I go absolutely nuts about a particular piece, like the Cartier BB - I just had to have it!!! Other than that I am the happiest wearing what I have (including Mom's sometimes because I am not a gold person) and just looking at the pieces in the chest...nothing like jewelry, I truly inherited my mom's passion!

As I've stated before, I hope to have a few classic pieces that I can hand down to my daughter in years to come! Such a good feeling knowing my jewellery purchases are not only for me but one day to be passed down & therefore it makes it worth the money!!! xMMx

Yes.. my 'vanilla' friends just dont ustand. Had one friend she had a go at me for talking abt Tiffany all the time. So we dont msg each other anymore.

Sigh, I have a coworker that is always buying cheap handbags from Target or Kohls and then exchanging them for more cheap ugly handbangs. She does the same with cheap jewelry. She gets mad at ME for obsessing over my designer purses and jewelry. Sorry, Coach and Tiffany are the cheapest designer anything you can get! It could be soooo much worse LOL I'd really be in trouble if I was obsessed with Cartier or Hermes (not that those aren't on my DREAM list :graucho:)

Sigh, I have a coworker that is always buying cheap handbags from Target or Kohls and then exchanging them for more cheap ugly handbangs. She does the same with cheap jewelry. She gets mad at ME for obsessing over my designer purses and jewelry. Sorry, Coach and Tiffany are the cheapest designer anything you can get! It could be soooo much worse LOL I'd really be in trouble if I was obsessed with Cartier or Hermes (not that those aren't on my DREAM list :graucho:)

Yeah they're certainly not within my budget range (Hermes/Cartier) but in terms of jewellery affordability, Tiffany is beautiful quality designer pieces at realistic affordable prices for average full time mummies like me! I love dreaming that some day I will have something divine like a Cartier Love bracelet but for now that is so far from reality it's not funny!!! So instead I live to come to Purse Forum & see everyone else's really expensive designer pieces! xMMx

I am trying to limit my jewellery and watch purchases. I am keeping a couple of silver pieces I love and a silver cameo pendant purchased in Napoli I received as a gift from my parents when we went on a cruise. I have a couple of gold necklaces, I am thinking of having a ring made instead from one of the necklaces. I am also keeping 2 costume necklaces when I want something bold. I still need to go through more of my pieces, but so far I am happy with my progress. Something my Father said the other day has really stuck with me. Why have so much jewellery if you can't remember exactly what you have. So I am keeping a very limited collection but one that is very much worn and loved. I don't buy 'designer' jewellery as such but pieces from independent jewellers. I don't have a lot of jewellery by any means but I want a more streamlined collection. We will all get there I'm sure.

Yeah they're certainly not within my budget range (Hermes/Cartier) but in terms of jewellery affordability, Tiffany is beautiful quality designer pieces at realistic affordable prices for average full time mummies like me! I love dreaming that some day I will have something divine like a Cartier Love bracelet but for now that is so far from reality it's not funny!!! So instead I live to come to Purse Forum & see everyone else's really expensive designer pieces! xMMx

The Love is beautiful. My wish too!! I dont have an exxy bag fetish . I have just GUESS ones.

Yes.. my 'vanilla' friends just dont ustand. Had one friend she had a go at me for talking abt Tiffany all the time. So we dont msg each other anymore.

That's the reason why we are all here in tpf because this is where we could talk and share our passion of jewelry to others, my friends just could not "get into it" and we are like talking in different languages when it comes to jewelry. Thank God I know one place I could find the one who would understand and share my feelings...

I think I have a problem...as in a jewellery addiction problem!
I see something I love & I think "this is it! This is what I REALLY want, nothing else & I'll wear this forever" - I feel like my life will be compete if I get it & I'll never want another piece of jewellery!
BUT as soon as I get the piece I want, I see something ELSE I want & I'm not completely happy with what I've got!
It's not normal, I'm sure it's some sort of problem! Anyone else like this? Please don't let me be the only one!
I am totally like that! My husband always tells me I have too much "unnecessary" jewelry. I just simply tell him he has an "unnecessary" amount of ties! He usually stops commenting on my ever growing jewelry collection. But if your bauble mood changes like mine does you should take a look at www.preciousstarling.kitsylane.com. Fantasic items and they change all the time to keep up with the trends!

Good stuff! Ye I wouldnt mind doing a jewellery making course or something to curb my addiction!!

I've made beaded necklaces and sold a few, too. But it's tough. First of all, beautiful beads attract more beautiful beads and pretty soon, the necklace raw materials cost $200. So, some people use more labor intensive techniques like weaving to make max use of small inexpensive seed beads.

Second, I've had people mostly drive a very hard bargain. One said to me, "We're friends so I should get the necklace for free." People do not understand or accept how much jewelry materials cost.

I rarely make any more necklaces, certainly not to sell.

I've made beaded necklaces and sold a few, too. But it's tough. First of all, beautiful beads attract more beautiful beads and pretty soon, the necklace raw materials cost $200. So, some people use more labor intensive techniques like weaving to make max use of small inexpensive seed beads.

Second, I've had people mostly drive a very hard bargain. One said to me, "We're friends so I should get the necklace for free." People do not understand or accept how much jewelry materials cost.

I rarely make any more necklaces, certainly not to sell.

Yes I'd imagine it would be difficult to make much of a profit from some types of jewellery making. That said, I enjoyed making beaded earrings when I was younger & sold them to family & friends. I thought I was awesome! They paid me a few dollars which meant I could afford to buy more (cheap) supplies. It would be hard to do with quality materials because of the cost aspect. xMMx

I think I need help. I am wanting jewelery that I don't need. For example I know I don't like to wear rings because it annoys me and yet I'm planning to get trinity ring. Anyone else has the same problem?

I think I need help. I am wanting jewelery that I don't need. For example I know I don't like to wear rings because it annoys me and yet I'm planning to get trinity ring. Anyone else has the same problem?

If you feel that you are not going to wear the ring, don't get it. Otherwise it'll end up sitting in your jewelry box, sad and lonely :biggrin:

Is there anything else you love (and would wear)? Maybe you should focus on a different piece if you're sure that you would rarely wear the ring.