Help! Celine box bag cracking/ hard leather

I've heard that teen size classic bags are less fragile? Is that true?
The box leather is more scratch resistant, which is a plus. But it's not perfect, since it creases, like on my black bag in a Teen size, please see above. I returned the bag, since was afraid that it will crack at some point. My friend has the box bag in a small size (Phoebe Philo) and she does not have cracking at all. I am afraid the box leather is not perfect and soon will be discontinued, our our AT website this style is not available anymore.

Amen to this!

Ladies with all due respect this is not cracking, it’s not a defect, and, please don’t get me wrong: it makes me wonder how little research some people do before buying something. This particular kind of leather which is naturally very stiff of course creases when it’s bend like this. Human skin would do the same. Please enjoy your beautiful bags and use them as they are. Unless you live in a room used for drying fruit, No one needs in air humidifier to keep another looking fresh. If where you live is fine for your own skin, it’s fine for your bags. ❤️
That's not cracking (which means separation, a breaking away), it's wrinkling.

Real leather wrinkling.... it's just what it does. Just like linen creases, it's a mark of quality.

Definitely I'd be using a leather conditioner on the bag so it doesn't crack eventually.

But it def ain't cracked.

Here is my PP 2017 classic bag which has been heavily used. You can see it’s been through the wars but I do buy bags to use even though I don’t abuse them.

I have folded the flap out completely and I think it’s in great shape. Never used anything on it by way of protectors or conditioners.

Perhaps the quality is no longer as good as is the concern with many brands.

IMG_4391.jpeg

Reactions: fashmash