Have you reached satisfaction with your handbag collection?

Since I have no experience or trust with selling non designer bags, on ebay, for example, I will soon be relieving some of my lapsed Catholic guilt by sorting out some of my liked, but not used non-designer bags and donating to St. Vincent de Paul.

I have some high end designer, less than a dozen, I think, and most will probably stay. So I am no longer really tempted by all the beautiful bags that I used to drool over.

My new obsession? Sneakers and flats. I own only 2 pairs of pumps, one nude, one black, sufficient for any occasion and color outfit. I'm done... (I think... LOL)

Since I have no experience or trust with selling non designer bags, on ebay, for example, I will soon be relieving some of my lapsed Catholic guilt by sorting out some of my liked, but not used non-designer bags and donating to St. Vincent de Paul.

I have some high end designer, less than a dozen, I think, and most will probably stay. So I am no longer really tempted by all the beautiful bags that I used to drool over.

My new obsession? Sneakers and flats. I own only 2 pairs of pumps, one nude, one black, sufficient for any occasion and color outfit. I'm done... (I think... LOL)
Sounds like a great plan. I keep a certain number of bags (my self imposed limit) , and as another poster said above now I refine, rehome and swap out bags. The rehoming reminds me that I am truly blessed to be able to have nice things and by donating and gifting, I am allowing others to have nice things they cannot afford.

I feel like I have more than enough (approx 12 with five of them being black)
But that doesn't mean at some time in the future I won't buy another. I can't bring myself to donate bags (although I've donated plenty of clothing and household goods). So I either keep them, try to sell them or give to my sister.

I have purse peace. Like many, I am still looking for a black bag that's for every day, that can go to work but still has an edge, isn't a momentary trend, and is not a Birkin or Kelly.
Other than that, I am just refining, rehoming, and occasionally swapping out. I don't often find myself saying "I have no bag for this", and I don't have a LOT of bags.

My two cents, the Delvaux Tempete MM. Nothing can top it as far as I’m concerned, and adding it to my collection has brought me very close to purse peace.

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked through a high-end department store recently and didn’t like a single bag I saw. Have I become wiser/more discriminating? Have designs become worse? Or some combination of the two?

Whatever the reason, my buying hasn’t stopped, but it’s much less frequent and less expensive than it used to be, and I’ve probably sold more bags than I’ve bought in the last year. I’d love to have a collection of about ten that really reflects my style, and if they’re not the bag of the moment, all the better because I’d much rather have bags that few others carry.

I’m not all the way there, but I’m close to purse peace.

I've reached the point with bags (and shoes) where I literally have no place else to store them, if that counts :lol:

We have a small square cupboard from the floor to the ceiling in our living room. I share that space with my husband and with my son. Lately, when I fell back in love with handbags, my son's squares are getting fewer and fewer!

I need to send some of my lesser used handbags back in my hometown to free some space up! lol.

I don't really have any numbers when it comes to owning bags. As long as I am happy and contented with what I rotate, that's it. Even if a few, or many handbags.

Reactions: tealocean