Have you ever seen this kind of wallet?

Megadane said:
Oh, well, worth a shot! Ive never been to Detroit to shop but I do go to TO where they have the LV boutique and Holt's:biggrin:

Don't tease me! lol I :love: :love: the Holt on Bloor street. It's such an amazing store compared to the one here. I just love shopping in Toronto period. Calgary shopping sucks.

I'm quite interested in this thread also, I'm thinking of getting the Damier Koala as my first LV piece... Just a bit concerned since I'd like the coin compartment to be incorporated inside the wallet, not just a zipper on the back - any suggestions that may fit that description better and can I expect to get long term use out of it if its my regular everyday wallet?

Megadane said:
Dawson is my fawn great dane who slipped while getting off the couch, smashing a big glass vase and lacerating both achilles tendons on his back legs. My vet is expecting a full recovery but he was not happy with Dawson's progression at his re-check yesterday. He walks very crippled right now and it is heart wrenching to watch. I sold my whiskey paddy to help offset the $1500 vet bill. I would do anything for him though!:love: A boardie bought my paddy (yay!!) and my BF gave me $1000 today to help as well.[/quote

WOW Im so sorry!!! I bet that was scary (for you and him!) I so happy he will be okay.

Vista said:
I'm quite interested in this thread also, I'm thinking of getting the Damier Koala as my first LV piece... Just a bit concerned since I'd like the coin compartment to be incorporated inside the wallet, not just a zipper on the back - any suggestions that may fit that description better and can I expect to get long term use out of it if its my regular everyday wallet?

Hi! There's a wallet on the e-luxury site called the "Tresor Wallet" and it's priced at $440.00 US. That wallet has a zipped coin compartment inside the wallet, and it appears to be a reasonably spacious coin compartment as well. Why don't you check that one out (if you're interested). :smile:

eyelove said:
Hi! There's a wallet on the e-luxury site called the "Tresor Wallet" and it's priced at $440.00 US. That wallet has a zipped coin compartment inside the wallet, and it appears to be a reasonably spacious coin compartment as well. Why don't you check that one out (if you're interested). :smile:

Sunshine said:
Megadane said:
Dawson is my fawn great dane who slipped while getting off the couch, smashing a big glass vase and lacerating both achilles tendons on his back legs. My vet is expecting a full recovery but he was not happy with Dawson's progression at his re-check yesterday. He walks very crippled right now and it is heart wrenching to watch. I sold my whiskey paddy to help offset the $1500 vet bill. I would do anything for him though!:love: A boardie bought my paddy (yay!!) and my BF gave me $1000 today to help as well.[/quote

WOW Im so sorry!!! I bet that was scary (for you and him!) I so happy he will be okay.

Sorry to divert the thread topic a little before without commenting on this but I hope your dog has a speedy recovery (no pun intended).

Sunshine said:
Megadane said:

Thanks sunshine..even though this is a purse forum everyone has been incredibly supportive and caring..it has been an amazing feeling of comfort. I just put him to bed after applying a topical anti-inflammatory. He is eating better and enjoyed spending the evening on the couch with me:love:

Janos614 said:
Sunshine said:
Sorry to divert the thread topic a little before without commenting on this but I hope your dog has a speedy recovery (no pun intended).
Thanks so much-it will be slow going and I've put off a trip to Vegas (would be my first) to stay home and monitor his recovery..I couldn't bear leaving him alone right now..:sad:

Aww hope you dog gets well soon. :cry:

Have you seen the porte tresor international wallet? I just got one and it holds alot- its pretty big. I prefer long wallets to the square ones.

I hope your doggie does better ! I noticed that you are from London as well, did you take him to King's Animal Clinic ? That's where I always take my cats and rats, they're really nice there.

And if you're thinking about getting the koala, you should make the drive down to Detroit. It's about the same distance to Toronto, plus the prices are a little cheaper (strong Canadian dollar, less taxes).

ayla said:
I hope your doggie does better ! I noticed that you are from London as well, did you take him to King's Animal Clinic ? That's where I always take my cats and rats, they're really nice there.

And if you're thinking about getting the koala, you should make the drive down to Detroit. It's about the same distance to Toronto, plus the prices are a little cheaper (strong Canadian dollar, less taxes).
Thanks Ayla! I take him to Firth Animal Hospital which apparently is the most expensive vet clinic in town but I didn't know this when I moved here almost 6 years ago.. They are really nice though and call every 2nd day to see how Dawson is doing. I'd love to go to Detroit..how do you compare the shopping to Toronto in general? Are there many outlet malls you can recommend? Is there a LV boutique or is it in a Holt's type place? I prefer the long wallet to the square but the long wallets don't have the ID window:sad: Thanks! P.S It sounds like you have a very enviable collection..is it mostly LV?

Megadane said:
Thanks Ayla! I take him to Firth Animal Hospital which apparently is the most expensive vet clinic in town but I didn't know this when I moved here almost 6 years ago.. They are really nice though and call every 2nd day to see how Dawson is doing. I'd love to go to Detroit..how do you compare the shopping to Toronto in general? Are there many outlet malls you can recommend? Is there a LV boutique or is it in a Holt's type place? I prefer the long wallet to the square but the long wallets don't have the ID window:sad: Thanks! P.S It sounds like you have a very enviable collection..is it mostly LV?
That's super sweet of the clinic to do so, I found that the vet places in London and area (once I had to drive my roommate out to Glencoe, it's about 40 minutes outside of London !) are super nice like that, and they always send cards and the such. One even sent me a picture that they took with me and a cat at the clinic, too cute !

There is definitely some good shopping spots down in Detroit, it depends on if you like the brands though. I really like Aritzia and Lululemon, and they're not really big (or there !) in the US. I would highly recommend Somerset collection (http://www.thesomersetcollection.com/) in Detroit for shopping, it's really cute where they have one side of the mall for "posh stores" (e.g. Gucci, Burberry, LV, Neimans, Saks) and the other side for everything else. There's actually an LV boutique AND a counter for LVs inside the Neiman Marcus, so you can take your pick !

The closest outlet mall west of London that I can think of is Great Lakes Crossing (http://www.shopgreatlakescrossing.com/). I didn't find it so great, they had a Off Fifth but the selection was pretty poor. I was also really disappointed that they didn't have a Coach outlet either. If you're in the mood for serious shopping, I would head down to New York and hit up Woodbury Commons, even though it is quite the drive.

And my collection is small and humble, I'm just a LV connoisseur. :lol: