Hard to break away from LV ???

Everytime I want a bag, I always think of LV as well. Even if I really want the other brand, I always think "well, LV bags never go on sale and hardly ever go out of style whereas the bag I want right now might just be a fad for me."

I was at the LV store today, and I took one GIANT leap toward breaking away from the brand. I'll still love my wallet and Babylone tote, and the checkbook cover and card holder as well, but I think they've lost me as a customer with the new price hike. There's NO reason to have two a year, and when you're looking at 3% or so one time, and the expected 7% on June 1, that's too much. They got $990 out of me for the Babylone, but that may well be the last just as I was contemplating more purchases.

yeah..so much for that...
It won't hard anymore. I think other designer labels will follow..I remember 9 months ago Mono alma price $795 and now $835..
WELL ..just it..after damier speedy 30 I will take long break.

I always find myself going back and with all these price hikes, I wish I had invested in more pieces when money was less of an issue in my life.
I've been buying ALL LV for the past 5 years and I would switch between styles but stay loyal to the brand.

This year I decided I wanted something on the trendier side so I invested in a Botkier and a Kooba...I kicked around spending the $1K+ on a Chloe Paddy but I just couldn't find any way to justify that amount of money on a bag that I truly believe will be a passing trend.

LV is expensive and they don't make it easier when they keep raising the prices, but at last I feel like I'm getting my money's worth because I can carry these bags 10 years from now and they will never look dated.

LV Is Like This Wonderful Safety Net (If That Is The Right Phrase....Somethings That Feels Like Home)......I Stray Off To Other Beautiful Designers...But, I Always Come Home To LV!!!

We only have the one store here that sells designer bags and has an LV counter. I always seem to go to the LV counter first and spend all my money there. I'm slowly learning to go to the purse section first and then make my way to the LV counter. I love LV and have more LV in my collection than anything else. I like other brands too, but I always seem to favor LV and Marc Jacobs. I just really like most of Marc Jacobs designs. He's a bad man! :lol:

tr444 said:
I went from Coach bags to LV bags and I will stay with them until I can afford my "dream bag" which is a Hermes Kelly Bag. I love LV though, so timeless and classic.
:yes: I hear ya! This is where I was a couple of years ago. I sold off all my Coach bags and started buying LV. Then...the Hermes bug bit me and I'm in big trouble....but I still like LV!

I too love Vuitton, but I have no hesistation buying Chanel or Hermes- but for a lot of the other brands, if I see something I like but LV has it too, I'll go LV.

I was collecting LV's steadily for a good 2 years before I ventured out and bought a Gucci - didn't feel right to me, I only used my LV's, and so I sold it. My love for LV all changed when I bought my balenciaga city about a year ago - it's opened me up to other designers :smile:

You said it! After a LV purchase I tell myself it's time to hit the breaks, but I keep coming back cuz they released limited editions or seasonal colors to keep my wallet busy. I've been trying to break away to get some Fendi and more B. Bags but I just can't stop with some of the LV line! First is the bag that pulls me in, then the matching shoes follow... then there are all the accessories like scarves and belts, and then more shoes... *SIGH*!!! ^_^

ariana said:
You said it! After a LV purchase I tell myself it's time to hit the breaks, but I keep coming back cuz they released limited editions or seasonal colors to keep my wallet busy. I've been trying to break away to get some Fendi and more B. Bags but I just can't stop with some of the LV line! First is the bag that pulls me in, then the matching shoes follow... then there are all the accessories like scarves and belts, and then more shoes... *SIGH*!!! ^_^

Ariana , your avatar is sooo cute !!!!