Handbag Superstitions

Well, that explains it! Thats why I am always broke. I am consistantly placing my bags on the floor.

I am going to focus on not doing that anymore. If my cash situation changes I will let you ladies know!

koukanamiya said:
One of the superstitions that some ppl have about handbags is they can only buy bags that are brand new and never carried, because buying a bag that has previously been touched by someone else mean that they left some of their karma behind and you don't want that ...

wow! well there goes everyone MARKET PLACES fun. ;/

OK. Having read this thread, I put coins in all my bags and wallets, and in those same I plan to give as gifts at the holidays. I took back the $2 bill I had given my husband. Now I just need Aarti to come back and explain the red wallet thing!!! :nuts:

Hello everyone, i am new here:smile: I was reading this thread and wanted to add that where i am from originally (russia) we always say not to put bags on the floor or tables, but i guess its a good thing because i was reading some kind of a study, where they took samples from the bottom of ladies' bags and found the worst things there! Apparently many people do not even realise how much bacteria can be on the floor when they put their bags there! ewww!!! Well , my precious bags never go on the floor!!:smile:

WOW...:wtf: now only I found out that placing the bag on the floor is inauspicious !! but, I never place my bag on the floor as I don't want my bag bottom to become dirty...... :P

luvboogie said:
My mother used to say that if you give a handbag or wallet as a gift, make sure you tuck some money into it because it will ensure that the person receiving the gift will be prosperous. Cute, huh? :tender:

I've heard this one. When ever i sell a handbag or wallet I put change in it.

LisaG719 said:
Well, that explains it! Thats why I am always broke. I am consistantly placing my bags on the floor.

I am going to focus on not doing that anymore. If my cash situation changes I will let you ladies know!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: maybe it has to do with the designer handbags you're buying :yahoo:

fryedaze said:
About 15 years ago, a friend told me that if I set my bag on the ground (or floor), I would never have any money. I know its ridiculous, but I haven't been able to set my bag down on the ground (or floor) ever since! :blush:

Do you have any handbag superstitions? :wondering

My friend's is similiar...however for her it's bad luck. Of course if you don't have money that could be considered bad luck as well.

I always put a penny in a coin purse or wallet if I give it as a gift.

Vuittonhammie said:
I sometimes won't carry a bag for a while if something bad happened to me the day I was carrying it.

I guess I'm worse. I will sell the bag if I carried it and something bad happened to me. :lol:

My bf's mum said never ever put your bag where there is a chance that people (especially women) will cross over it... e.g. on the floor in the main hall where sometimes people will just cross over your bag for some reason, because you will be down with bad luck if that happens. Old wives' tale I guess. :shrugs: