Gucci movie?(not a fashion history)

I've read so many books about the history of Gucci, including the family sagas and from so many POVs. I must see the film.

From the trailer: I am slightly perturbed by Gaga's accent :shocked: . She talked about her Italian American ancestry at an interview, but that must have been a l o n g time ago, it doesn't seem anyone around her could have spoken in Italian/Italian accent and she certainly didn't seem to do much work with coach (perhaps she did - but I'd assume she'd have a better ear). I'm not sure why she had to put on an accent at all since she speaks in English. Also, again only from a trailer, there seems to be a comedy element 'promised' but real man (Maurizio Gucci) was murdered in cold blood so I hope they're not playing it for laughs.

I've read so many books about the history of Gucci, including the family sagas and from so many POVs. I must see the film.

From the trailer: I am slightly perturbed by Gaga's accent :shocked: . She talked about her Italian American ancestry at an interview, but that must have been a l o n g time ago, it doesn't seem anyone around her could have spoken in Italian/Italian accent and she certainly didn't seem to do much work with coach (perhaps she did - but I'd assume she'd have a better ear). I'm not sure why she had to put on an accent at all since she speaks in English. Also, again only from a trailer, there seems to be a comedy element 'promised' but real man (Maurizio Gucci) was murdered in cold blood so I hope they're not playing it for laughs.
Her accent seems to be fairly close to the accent of the woman she’s playing, so I don’t find it to be that bad.

Why does Gaga have a faux 'Russian' accent in the trailer? :giggle:
I would be very interested in learning about the reason for having them speak English with an accent in the movie? Who came up with it and why? They are suppose to speak the same language to each other right? In reality the people they are basing characters on would speak in Italian without American accents I presume? It's really mind-boggling.

9xRpB_EDaTB-NlVHSEl7a611cjifG36z3UsUj-3MHEM.png

I would be very interested in learning about the reason for having them speak English with an accent in the movie? Who came up with it and why? They are suppose to speak the same language to each other right? In reality the people they are basing characters on would speak in Italian without American accents I presume? It's really mind-boggling.

9xRpB_EDaTB-NlVHSEl7a611cjifG36z3UsUj-3MHEM.png
My thoughts exactly!

Tom Ford's essay summary:

Tom Ford Does Gucci
The former creative director of Gucci measures Ridley Scott’s movie about the Italian fashion dynasty that flamed out. Ford played by Reeve Carney in a few scenes of the films.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
I saw it and very much enjoyed it.

I feel it is a good mix of 70s/80s Godfather/Goodfellas epic family crime type genre, but with some light comedic moments thrown in. I do wish there had been more time spent on the murder investigation and trial, but that's just personal preference. I thought Lady Gaga was good (and quite stunning), I liked Adam Driver, and even Jared Leto was tolerable (good, actually)... which is saying a lot for me. :lol: The vintage fashion and accessories were eye candy. Soundtrack is a blast. Italian accents were all over the place, but then again I loved Hunt for Red October so apparently I'm willing to overlook a lot. :lol:

If you have Discovery Plus, there are a couple of good documentaries about the murder on there. "Killing Gucci: People Magazine Investigates" has interviews with Patrizia, as well as Paolo's daughter. It's an interesting companion to the film.

I liked the movie a lot.
pretty good peace and acting all around, I wished they gave us a bit more focus on fashion and more vintage pieces from the brand on the film.

now what i found implausible and honestly got me scratchin my head was Aldo‘s reaction to counterfeit. I mean acting so lightly about it’s just not right from who was the owner of the brand.

other than that pretty good film. I loved both fashion shows scenes.
the Versace show and The first Gucci show by Tom Ford.

anyway small fun fact or not so fun : Tom Ford didn’t like the movie
sure they painted him a little eccentric but they did give him credit for reviving the brand.