Gucci Horsebit Vintage - your opinions/ experiences

MissTammyB

Jun 30, 2021
Hello lovely fellow Gucci lovers, I am looking at buying a vintage Gucci Horsebit and have looked at multiple offers. Price wise they are quite similar (around 1-1.5k €). I really like all of the designs, so can’t decide which one I should take :smile: of course in the end it is my decision but I would really love your honest opinions and also your experiences, especially regarding small vs large Modell. Thank you so very much to everyone in advance 💖

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3479.jpeg
    IMG_3479.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3477.jpeg
    IMG_3477.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 16
Tips?

!. Check each one is size you want (as there were 3 sizes).

2. Some years the canvas (original GG-print) had fraying issues. I think the dark-red should be fine, but you have 3 in the line-up that are original fabric (Fig 1, 2 & 4) 2004 & '05 years when they still had issues.

3. I have a Large in Black, and it's totally wonderful - I've had it a very long time, it was my own self-funded bag rather than a gift. It can be day, night, or day to night. I wore it to a Gucci Charity event 2020, just before out UK lockdown, and all the Gucci high-ups complemented the bag.

4. Regards aesthetics I would go for the Tobacco all leather, but all-leather is usually my preference.

I have the purple-striped canvas version, in the larger size. Mine does not have any fraying issues although of course the racing stripes are in satin, so can catch on jewelry etc and snag. Gorgeous bag! One thing to be aware of is the chains are different on different models - the one in your second picture with the purple stripe, similar to mine, is actually a very weighty and knobbly chain that can hurt on the shoulder to be quite honest and is different to the chains on the other bags.

Personally I prefer the larger (or medium) size, I feel the elongated shape is one of the focus points of the bag and is lost a bit with the smaller size.