Gucci Horsebit 1955 Small (camera bag) creasing ?

MissCroissant

Apr 2, 2017
I have had the GUCCI HORSEBIT 1955 SMALL SHOULDER BAG for less than 2 months, and the bag is creasing a lot. This a rigid bag, so given the natural movement of my arms when wearing it crossbody it creases in that area.

How can I fix it please ? I'm utterly disappointed as it has been less than 2 months, and would have returned it if it wasn't because I bought it abroad.
Otherwise I love this bag. Is there any hack to help keep that area straight ?

Thanks !!

2023-05-15 08.44.44.jpg

I've this leather on a number of different bags going back decades. I also have it on my 1955.

Back story: Due to so many worried about immediate scratches and scuffs a lot of leather goods houses created their own scratch-resistant leathers by rolling and stamping. It's also very good for structured items, and it's a favourite for boxes and bags that needed rigidity, strength and a almost instantly resistant to adverse weather (natural leathers become resistant over time).

This 'denting' is quite normal with this type of stamped leathers. Since it's more rigid, it can't stretch, bow or relax, but it will dent according to how it's stored or what you put in it.

You just have to store correctly (stuff and coax with fingers) and straighten. It will take a while if done properly.

It also depends what you put in it.

Anyway, just wanted to reassure you it's not a fault.