Gucci Garden Dionysus

Marilla

O.G.
Jul 22, 2012
Hi Gucci fans
Does anyone know anything about this collection? Gucci Garden. I picked this beauty up on the preloved market but can’t find anything about it online. I know there’s a ‘Gucci Garden’ in Florence but I can’t find any information about the bag or anything else that might have been in the collection. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2416.jpeg
    IMG_2416.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: elisabettaverde
Theere was a Gucci Garden capsule collection 2018 as a collab with British artist Isabella Cotier. See here. The bags were part of the collection even though I don't think IC's art was actually depicted on them.

Other colours of the bag also exist including off-white and black.

Theere was a Gucci Garden capsule collection 2018 as a collab with British artist Isabella Cotier. See here. The bags were part of the collection even though I don't think IC's art was actually depicted on them.

Other colours of the bag also exist including off-white and black.
Thank you! Just find it odd I can’t find photos of any online. I’ve found photos of carrier bags and dust bags but not the product itself!
I’m guessing it’s connected to the Gucci Garden in Florence as the banner they have is the same design as the bag?

Last edited:
Thank you! Just find it odd I can’t find photos of any online. I’ve found photos of carrier bags and dust bags but not the product itself!
I’m guessing it’s connected to the Gucci Garden in Florence as the banner they have is the same design as the bag?

Gucci always seem to make things so difficult to research. There are basically not one but two Gucci Garden capsule collections. I went to an event in London 2016 (piano music, dried flowers, potpourri gift bags) that took place at flagships across the world. There was also a capsule online only collection full of flowers, Your bag is not part of that collection. The Dionysus bags that come from that collection are very floral (also very nice).

So Gucci Garden was a 2016 'thing' 2 years before Gucci Museo (Museum) in Florence was renamed 'Gucci Garden'. Your bag comes from the collection Summer 2018 that launched the renaming of the museum (living 'garden' hardy parental classics'/new flowers/weeds/ garden of Eden/Gucci bees and snakes in the Flora/ blah blah). Bjork opened Gucci Garden with a performance wearing a custom gown. It wasn't an opening but a renaming/re-thinking because Alessandro Michele didn't like the idea of a museum, he wanted something living.

Isabella Cotier came up with some BS story about being inspired by a crazy-acting woman she knew in Florence called Flora (what are the odds?).

Apart from her illustrated art merch, there were also pink hoodies, pink everything including tea towels and Dionysus bags (Small and Med in pink white and black) all issued to commemorate Gucci Garden in Florence (that's basically a museum).

I'm sure you will find PR for the 2018 opening of the Gucci Garden in Florence. Pics of your bag will be there somewhere.

Gucci always seem to make things so difficult to research. There are basically not one but two Gucci Garden capsule collections. I went to an event in London 2016 (piano music, dried flowers, potpourri gift bags) that took place at flagships across the world. There was also a capsule online only collection full of flowers, Your bag is not part of that collection. The Dionysus bags that come from that collection are very floral (also very nice).

So Gucci Garden was a 2016 'thing' 2 years before Gucci Museo (Museum) in Florence was renamed 'Gucci Garden'. Your bag comes from the collection Summer 2018 that launched the renaming of the museum (living 'garden' hardy parental classics'/new flowers/weeds/ garden of Eden/Gucci bees and snakes in the Flora/ blah blah). Bjork opened Gucci Garden with a performance wearing a custom gown. It wasn't an opening but a renaming/re-thinking because Alessandro Michele didn't like the idea of a museum, he wanted something living.

Isabella Cotier came up with some BS story about being inspired by a crazy-acting woman she knew in Florence called Flora (what are the odds?).

Apart from her illustrated art merch, there were also pink hoodies, pink everything including tea towels and Dionysus bags (Small and Med in pink white and black) all issued to commemorate Gucci Garden in Florence (that's basically a museum).

I'm sure you will find PR for the 2018 opening of the Gucci Garden in Florence. Pics of your bag will be there somewhere.
Thank you so much for all this information! Much appreciated :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
Have the WoC (directly from Florence) and Love it to Bits. If you ever Happen to be in Florence please Visit GG because it is a delight and the SAs in the store are so Sweet ❤️