Gucci Aphrodite Shoulder Bag

I bought the small Aphrodite with the flap vs. the zipper and while she's gorgeous and chic, I've been trying to make her work for me the past few days and I think she's just a *smidge* too tiny. There's *not* a lot of interior space. The larger models, even though flat, hold a lot more. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the medium looks against my frame, so it's back to the drawing board.

I think I might go for the small Diana shoulder bag (the hobo style, not the tote, as I already have a small Diana tote in blue and I'm not keen on duplicating styles).

I bought the small Aphrodite with the flap vs. the zipper and while she's gorgeous and chic, I've been trying to make her work for me the past few days and I think she's just a *smidge* too tiny. There's *not* a lot of interior space. The larger models, even though flat, hold a lot more. Unfortunately, I don't like the way the medium looks against my frame, so it's back to the drawing board.

I think I might go for the small Diana shoulder bag (the hobo style, not the tote, as I already have a small Diana tote in blue and I'm not keen on duplicating styles).
I know what you mean - I tried on the small flap one and also found it too small (and didn't like that there weren't more colors offered). I ended up with the small one with the zipper and also chain.

Did everyone see there's a Large Aphrodite with a gusset out that's new? I like the flat shape of the original, that's why I prefer the Bouvier to the Jackie, but if someone is looking for a cool travel bag, particularly someone tall and/or a man, this would be really nice.

View attachment 5815726
Has anyone tried/bought this? It's in the US in black only and I'm thinking hard.... Seems like a great alternative to a tote

OK, if you know that for sure, but I'm always amazed by the discrepancies between my (flagship London) stores and the UK site.
I don't know anything for sure, for sure, and you are the Gucci expert! But it does seem that new configurations get posted here on TPF from the EU/UK before they are available in stores or online here in the US.

Store visit within a few days and I will report back.....

Reactions: papertiger
I don't know anything for sure, for sure, and you are the Gucci expert! But it does seem that new configurations get posted here on TPF from the EU/UK before they are available in stores or online here in the US.

Store visit within a few days and I will report back.....

Could be, but sadly we get the stock in-store much later (UK). I think it comes from Italy through Switzerland (as a way of cheating the Brixit duties :graucho: )

I got an organizer for this bag from Samorga. It's quite thin, which is good, since this bag doesn't have much depth to begin with. But it gives me a couple of extra pockets and helps me keep the inside clean. I got it in gold, which is a great match for the lighter 'brown leather of this bag.

View attachment 5782834

I might put more in this bag than was intended but, that's what I need! I'm happy it can fit what I need and still close!

View attachment 5782840
Hi! Wondering which organizer you got? I'd like to order one, too!!

Hi! Wondering which organizer you got? I'd like to order one, too!!

I got the 1.2 mm in gold color from Samorga. Fits perfectly:

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger