Goyard In India

I find this pretty offensive to be honest, as do others I know in the South Asian community. I wanted to get something from this collection, but this is just wrong
I’m offended also! If I saw someone carrying it, I’d wonder if they were a bigot or just plain ignorant! In this day and age how could a design like this be approved for release?! I hope Goyard gets some serious backlash for this!

I find this pretty offensive to be honest, as do others I know in the South Asian community. I wanted to get something from this collection, but this is just wrong

I’m sorry you’re offended, I suppose people take things in different ways. As a Sikh man, my husband wears a turban daily and he thought it was a cute design. He said that the turban shouldn’t *really* be shown on an animal and should be on a person, but it didn’t bother him or offend him in anyway.

Last edited:
I’m sorry you’re offended, I suppose people take things in different ways. As a Sikh man, my husband wears a turban daily and he thought it was a cute design. He said that the turban shouldn’t *really* be shown on an animal and should be on a person, but it didn’t bother him or offend him in anyway.
It doesn’t offend your turban wearing husband, but he feels that it is not an appropriate depiction. Well, Indians and Asians in general are pretty tolerant people especially when it comes to racial issues and stereotypes. That image is just culturally insensitive and likely stems from a place of deeply embedded French ethnocentrism.

As part of the Goyard in India collection, a limited edition Saïgon structured mini bag with lotus embroidery will be offered. The bag is offered in black with a choice of gold or palladium colored hardware, and a choice of blue, pink, or gold embroidery. For pricing and availability, please contact Goyard directly.

4CF225E9-D500-405C-912D-779F47BAE8F7.jpeg1E609D72-040A-4834-8FD7-C0C1C0C20371.jpeg

I think the offensiveness about this may be stemming from the notion that “dogs are inferior and dirty”. It is a very common insult to call someone a dog in India. Personally I didn’t find anything insulting, and see it as a cute design. I know people who love their pets and dress them like humans. But then I do not have enough insight into Sikhism or Punjabi culture where a turban like that is lot most common.

Reactions: jaskg144 and c18027