Got this beauty stolen, please watch out for me

I am so sorry. Don't just keep Googling for the bag - set up a Google alert so anyone posting it will get flagged to you. It's not a common combo. I feel like with rare bags like this tPF will be able to nab some of the bad guys.

I'm sorry that it happened to you! Although not a purse, I got my phone stolen when I was in the subway. I called into my phone provider to block them from using it. I guess because it was frustrating for the person to use it, he dropped the phone to my phone company and I got it back

I hope your Kelly is found soon. I can relate as I caught someone stealing my wallet out on my Kelly bag (32cm argyle Kelly) at work on Monday. He ran with my off with my Silkin wallet. But luckily for me, he left the bag. I walked in on the their and flustered him. My younger male colleagues gave chase while others called the police. The crook bounded down 5 flights of stairs and out to his car. The exit to my lot was blocked by cars, so he grove over a berm and over a sidewalk to get to the street.

I bought this beauty in early 2015 during my 2.5 year stay in Paris. It remained one of my faves. Unfortunately, when I traveled around the Switzerland in last few days, my car got broken into and this bag was taken alongside with the suitcase containing it. Heart-broken. It's a Kelly 35 Ghillies Suede. If you happen to see it offered anywhere online or in shops in Europe (with reasonable photomatch), please don't buy stolen goods and let me know via PM or here. Thank you very much in advance. Hope this is the right section to post. This post also serves to remind people, don't take safe environment for granted and try to carry valuable stuffs in your luggage with you when you can. Have a great week, everyone.

View attachment 3419954

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...s-35-en-cuir-swift-6031088-details.aspx?lid=1

I feel so sorry for you!
Do you mind telling the city in Switzerland where it happened?
This happened to me just the same way: also in 2015, when I was in vaccation last year in Switzerland. Got the car window broken and my husband 's bag was stolen with valuable itens and our passaports. Terrible! This was in Montreux, near Chateu de Chillon.
Will keep an eye for you and hope that your bag find the way home!

Exqmaster, what a wake-up call this story is and I so hope that you find your gorgeous K. To think that this happened in Switzerland , which I consider one of the safest places on earth is un-nerving. Where exactly in Switzerland, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it's not that safe anymore, since this happened to me last year just the same way! Thankfully, didn't have an H bag stolen, but a lot of other valuable things were, including passports. When we went to police station to report it, the policeman said it was common in that area and they knew that the theft was due to immigrants from eastern Europe.

Similar incident happened to be two years ago in broad daylight when I was heading to work. My car was driven off from the driveway with a B30 bamboo Birkin PHW in it. Haven't found my bag up to this day and this incident has been haunting me till this day.

I am sorry this happened to you as well and will keep a look out. Would you mind posting the heat stamp on the strap too if you have it?

Similar incident happened to be two years ago in broad daylight when I was heading to work. My car was driven off from the driveway with a B30 bamboo Birkin PHW in it. Haven't found my bag up to this day and this incident has been haunting me till this day.

I am sorry this happened to you as well and will keep a look out. Would you mind posting the heat stamp on the strap too if you have it?

yodaling, So sorry to hear that this happened to you! I would have a severe case PTSD ~ post traumatic stress disorder ~ this sounds like such a horrible story. It makes me wonder what types of people do these things? :shocked:

Also, I must admit that I used to have a habit of a daily very early coffee run and would leave my car open and running in the parking lot while I dashed into the store. That is until a large policeman came over to me asked if this was my car and told me that this was the #1 way to invite theft or even worse, a stranger hiding in the back of my car. Ever since then, the first thing that I do after starting my car is to lock it with me on the inside with my belongings and now I definitely lock it at all times when running errands.

Last edited:
yodaling, So sorry to hear that this happened to you! I would have a severe case PTSD ~ post traumatic stress disorder ~ this sounds like such a horrible story. It makes me wonder what types of people do these things? :shocked:

Also, I must admit that I used to have a habit of a daily very early coffee run and would leave my car open and running in the parking lot while I dashed into the store. That is until a large policeman came over to me asked if this was my car and told me that this was the #1 way to invite theft or even worse, a stranger hiding in the back of my car. Ever since then, the first thing that I do after starting my car is to lock it with me on the inside with my belongings and now I definitely lock it at all times when running errands.
I have post traumatic stress disorder when that happened to me. Even to this day, I still think about that day every time I see a bamboo Birkin.

The guy was caught two days later joyriding. His parole officer told me this guy is a drug addict. He has been jailed before and has history of hitting his girlfriend as well. Has never worked and does not have a permanent address so he will never ever be able to pay me back for the amount I have lost from this incident.

This incident taught me a lesson too to always lock my car and never leave the car running even for a sec.