Go for it? Chanel Jumbo in beige clair ghw opportunity…

You are making me so tempted to get the same one cayse of the caviar sheen, when I don't even intend to get a biege claire cf in the first place :lol:

Haha! I’m so sorry! Happens also to me all the time. When I’m on TPF, looking al all the beautiful bags and all of a sudden finding myself in need of bags I did not even new I wanted :biggrin:
But I did see a few similar to mine out there on the preloved market!

• Haha
Reactions: Hakuhaku
Hi everyone, pretty new to this excellent forum and looking for advice on buying a pre-loved CF Jumbo in Black Caviar/Gold Hardware - ideally pristine with tags. Specifically wondered if there are certain years that are preferred? I've noticed on The Real Real that they don't always specify the year and I see that the dimensions of the CF JUMBO vary slightly - like by an inch or so - is that because the size actually varies with the year issued? I am a bit nervous buying such a high ticket item virtually sight unseen as there are few pictures posted and with a no return policy (at least on The Real Real). Any advice is appreciated as I see the bags selling very quickly on the pre-loved sites so I'd like to be prepared accordingly to purchase:smile:
Initially I wanted to buy in a Chanel boutique but didn't have the best experience in NYC flagship (I live in NYC), I had an appointment with an SA and planned to compare the CF Medium Black Caviar with the CF JUMBO Black Caviar but they didn't have either in stock so I tried what the SA offered for size purposes to test cross body usage which was a CF Medium Tweed but the SA said they weren't sure if chain length was same on same model in Black Caviar which surprised me because I expected an SA to be more knowledgeable - regardless I quickly saw that the CF Medium was smaller in person than I expected so I leaned more toward a CF JUMBO and tried on a black lambskin with silver in the store. I explained to the SA that I was leaning toward the JUMBO and would follow up next day via text with my preference - the SA had me fill out a paper form complete with my credit card information I guess so I could then have a Chanel profile and be able to purchase the bag over the phone and have it shipped to me which seemed convenient v. having to come back into the store. Its been two days since I texted the Boutique SA with my JUMBO preference asking to be added to waitlist and inquiring if she needed anything additional from me. I've not had a response back yet. This coupled with store experience made me feel like pre-loved pristine with tags could be way to go. As side note, I did try to buy new today thru a luxury department store where I am a credit card holder but the very helpful department store Chanel SA explained that while he happily can put me on wait list, even with with store credit card on file once bag arrives I'd need a Chanel profile to be able to purchase over the phone and have the bag shipped to me.
Anyway the pre-loved market seems to offer a straight forward buying experience along with small savings for a still pristine bag? Thanks very much for your thoughts and patience with my super long post!