Givenchy Prisme & Guerlain Meteorites

lady-dior

Aug 23, 2016
Hi,

ive been looking at the above two products.

Givenchy Prism Libre in No 1 Mousseline Pastel

Givenchy website states this shade or No 2 Satin Blanc for fair skin.

I have very dark brown hair, but very pale skin, even more so at this time of year. I was going to try the product next time I went shopping but the whole of England is in lockdown now until 2nd Dec. My area was already in a local lockdown and the lockdown could continue beyond 2nd Dec, so hitting the shops anytime soon probably isn’t on the cards. Also, I’m not sure with COVID what the situation is in the UK with regard to actually testing products in store at the moment, so I might not get the opportunity to try it anyway.

would you say, go with No 1 Mousseline Pastel? Would No 2 show some colour, which I kinda don’t really want or is it barely noticeable. I don’t mind if it’s just a lift of barely there colour. I do want a matte finish though.

The second product is Guerlain Meteorites.

I’m not sure which one to out of 1, light or medium.

Again, no chance of actually trying it at the moment. I thought maybe 1 or 2 which is what their website recommends for fair skin. But, I’ve been reviewing online and watching videos. Some say 1, but some say 1 can be a bit chalky? Some say light, but some say light is shiny. Some say medium as its not as shiny as light.

I’m totally confused now. I was either going to get them myself (Black Friday) or ask for them for Christmas off someone.

I was thinking should I go for the prisme in mousseline pastel (it’s probably the best for colour correcting and safest bet for fair skin) and maybe leave the meteorites until I can hit the shops? Or is there a pretty safe bet colour option for the meteorites?

Any advice?

TIA

Reactions: Margaret1994
Hi,

ive been looking at the above two products.

Givenchy Prism Libre in No 1 Mousseline Pastel

Givenchy website states this shade or No 2 Satin Blanc for fair skin.

I have very dark brown hair, but very pale skin, even more so at this time of year. I was going to try the product next time I went shopping but the whole of England is in lockdown now until 2nd Dec. My area was already in a local lockdown and the lockdown could continue beyond 2nd Dec, so hitting the shops anytime soon probably isn’t on the cards. Also, I’m not sure with COVID what the situation is in the UK with regard to actually testing products in store at the moment, so I might not get the opportunity to try it anyway.

would you say, go with No 1 Mousseline Pastel? Would No 2 show some colour, which I kinda don’t really want or is it barely noticeable. I don’t mind if it’s just a lift of barely there colour. I do want a matte finish though.

The second product is Guerlain Meteorites.

I’m not sure which one to out of 1, light or medium.

Again, no chance of actually trying it at the moment. I thought maybe 1 or 2 which is what their website recommends for fair skin. But, I’ve been reviewing online and watching videos. Some say 1, but some say 1 can be a bit chalky? Some say light, but some say light is shiny. Some say medium as its not as shiny as light.

I’m totally confused now. I was either going to get them myself (Black Friday) or ask for them for Christmas off someone.

I was thinking should I go for the prisme in mousseline pastel (it’s probably the best for colour correcting and safest bet for fair skin) and maybe leave the meteorites until I can hit the shops? Or is there a pretty safe bet colour option for the meteorites?

Any advice?

TIA

I am usually the lightest or second lightest foundation shade YSL or Dior. Nars Finland TM. PAT McGRATH Skin Fetish Sublime Perfection No4. I don't have a Mac shade. I am fair but peach undertones.

Givenchy Prism looks chalky on me.

The idea of the Meteorites is as a radiant finishing powder so they'll never be matte.

I have the 3 sets of the Guerlain Meteorites, 1, (lots of pale pink) 2 (light) and a limited edition from a while ago more red/peach that I use as blush.

You should be all right with either, the point is not to notice, just look polished.

1 is more opalescent, so yes could look more 'radiant' not so much shiny but there are micro-glitters.

2. light, counters red with the green, less pearly than 1. Otherwise very similar to the med too. I'd say 2 is better for peachy light skin and 3 if a more golden undertone.

For a more matte blur try YSL products. They have primers, foundations and Perfecter.

You may also like the Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powder in Diffused light (Etheral and Luminous both have a faint radiance and Ambient light some micro-glitters).

I am usually the lightest or second lightest foundation shade YSL or Dior. Nars Finland TM. PAT McGRATH Skin Fetish Sublime Perfection No4. I don't have a Mac shade. I am fair but peach undertones.

Givenchy Prism looks chalky on me.

The idea of the Meteorites is as a radiant finishing powder so they'll never be matte.

I have the 3 sets of the Guerlain Meteorites, 1, (lots of pale pink) 2 (light) and a limited edition from a while ago more red/peach that I use as blush.

You should be all right with either, the point is not to notice, just look polished.

1 is more opalescent, so yes could look more 'radiant' not so much shiny but there are micro-glitters.

2. light, counters red with the green, less pearly than 1. Otherwise very similar to the med too. I'd say 2 is better for peachy light skin and 3 if a more golden undertone.

For a more matte blur try YSL products. They have primers, foundations and Perfecter.

You may also like the Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powder in Diffused light (Etheral and Luminous both have a faint radiance and Ambient light some micro-glitters).
Thank you for this . I’ve decided to get the prism no 1 and am going to wait until I can hit the shops for the guerlain. There are some new limited editions coming out early next year too which looks nice, so going to try them first.
thanks

Reactions: papertiger
Thank you for this . I’ve decided to get the prism no 1 and am going to wait until I can hit the shops for the guerlain. There are some new limited editions coming out early next year too which looks nice, so going to try them first.
thanks

Great. Please report back!