Gabriela Hearst is the new Chloe Creative Director!

The bags were terrible...!

(Also have you guys seen what they've done to their instagram?! Just like their bags, I just don't get it at all...)
yeah what are they doing??

Checked out of curiosity and I am very confused. If I didn’t know this was Chloe’s Instagram I’d have no idea this was a fashion brand.

BEC95F08-35CE-4F95-BB5B-E7CCCF86B181.jpeg

Checked out of curiosity and I am very confused. If I didn’t know this was Chloe’s Instagram I’d have no idea this was a fashion brand.

View attachment 5112287

I know!! I don't understand what they're doing at all - there's one shot of a dirty Edith bag but otherwise there isn't anything actually from the brand on their instagram. I ended up unfollowing as I had enough of photos of sand / mushrooms / odd angles of the human body / sea urchins and cryptic captions turning up on my feed...! :facepalm:

Reactions: papertiger
I hope they aren't completely rebranding/changing the entire feel of the brand. I LOVE the idea of bringing back classic styles like the Edith, but I am majorly confused by some of these. I wonder if prices of vintage Ediths will climb to crazy levels like what happened with the Gucci Jackie.

I hope they aren't completely rebranding/changing the entire feel of the brand. I LOVE the idea of bringing back classic styles like the Edith, but I am majorly confused by some of these. I wonder if prices of vintage Ediths will climb to crazy levels like what happened with the Gucci Jackie.

The rebranding is entirely unnecessary. While I wouldn't wear EVERYTHING from Chloé, it had a very clear brand image. Look at all of Chloé's past it bags - they're not just cute bags, they don't feel like they're from any other luxury designer (e.g. Chanel, LV, Dior, Gucci, YSL). Chloé somehow manage to feel romantic AND feminine AND relaxed AND a bit edgy at the same time.

I get that sustainability is a big part of Gabriela Hearst's values, and sustainability is a direction that Richemont wants to invest in. What I don't get is why you can't be both sustainable AND stylish, especially at these prices. It's possible to create sustainable clothing and accessories and make it look good. Instead, we got this, which is literally from their Instagram stories:

1624127587303.png

Compare that Edith to a similarly "upwoven" tote that Coach did. It's probably 1/4 of the price and looks way more expensive than whatever Gabriela Hearst designed:

1624127897349.png

People want boho chic, not boho cheap.

I couldn’t agree more!
The rebranding is entirely unnecessary. While I wouldn't wear EVERYTHING from Chloé, it had a very clear brand image. Look at all of Chloé's past it bags - they're not just cute bags, they don't feel like they're from any other luxury designer (e.g. Chanel, LV, Dior, Gucci, YSL). Chloé somehow manage to feel romantic AND feminine AND relaxed AND a bit edgy at the same time.

I get that sustainability is a big part of Gabriela Hearst's values, and sustainability is a direction that Richemont wants to invest in. What I don't get is why you can't be both sustainable AND stylish, especially at these prices. It's possible to create sustainable clothing and accessories and make it look good. Instead, we got this, which is literally from their Instagram stories:

View attachment 5115119

Compare that Edith to a similarly "upwoven" tote that Coach did. It's probably 1/4 of the price and looks way more expensive than whatever Gabriela Hearst designed:

View attachment 5115125

People want boho chic, not boho cheap.

They need to get rid of Hearst ASAP. Very disappointed and borderline embarrassed with the direction the brand has been going these past few seasons.
I can't agree more. Chloe lost me when they hired former LV copycat Natasha Levi-Ramsey who put multiple ugly metal rings on every bag, but at least her designs were wearable. but Chloe went from bad to worst hiring Hearst (sorry for rhyme). Hearst's designs are like homeless lady went to dig in trash cans. It's not boho and it's not wearable unless you're a logger and got it for free.

I understand how Gabriela Hearst is leading Chloe in a sustainable direction now.

Fashion itself is unsustainable and creates large amounts of waste, therefore the most sustainable thing is for fashion to not exist at all.

She’s creating crazy piece after crazy piece in the hopes that Chloe will go bankrupt and never have to produce fashion waste ever again.

I'd be curious if Gabriela Hearst's designs are selling well. Ironically, if her designs aren't selling, it would defeat the purpose of using sustainable fabrics in the first place. There would just be a lot of unsold RTW made from sustainable/leftover fabrics.

@atoizzard5 was showing me a neverending list of bizarre designs...these are the highlights:

1642642698996.png1642642746852.png1642642816256.png

Not everything is terrible. The suede Marcie is a nice colour and the leather cut-out is something different (though maybe not worth $2300 USD).
1642643139743.png1642642969675.png

I'd be curious if Gabriela Hearst's designs are selling well. Ironically, if her designs aren't selling, it would defeat the purpose of using sustainable fabrics in the first place. There would just be a lot of unsold RTW made from sustainable/leftover fabrics.

@atoizzard5 was showing me a neverending list of bizarre designs...these are the highlights:

View attachment 5302421

Not everything is terrible. The suede Marcie is a nice colour and the leather cut-out is something different (though maybe not worth $2300 USD).
View attachment 5302425
Agree on all
the teal flower number - SERIOUSLY?????? Who said yes that can go to production??? Thats a Target bag.
The cut out basket is not worth 2300 but then its nicer than Chanels new 22 bag at euro5200. <cough> its a dust bag <cough>
1642644060980.png