Franck Muller Color Dreams vs. Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 Red Grape, which one?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. If you like color the Rolex is a fun color but that size looks almost comically large on you. The FM looks cheap and just silly. Unless you’re buying a truly rare watch in generally it cannot be considered an investment. You will almost always lose money on a resale. If you’re really concerned about recouping your cost down the road it’s better to buy preowned.

2. I haven’t tried the Rolex on (that photo isn’t mine). I’m not that concerned about resale value (it’s more my DH’s concern). Both watches are considered entry level watches for their respective brands so I am aware that depreciation will happen either way if I were to sell.

3. Cartier Ballon Bleu is not in the same ballpark for quality as the 2 watches under consideration. It is not as good a timepiece.

4. My thoughts exactly regarding size and looks of both watches.

5. No offense, but that FM watch is almost cartoonish looking. It looks like a kiddie watch or something I'd see in a kindergarten classroom. It's not something you'd be able to wear with everything either. I'd go with the Rolex, and I'm not really a fan of the red grape either, but it definitely looks much, much better than the FM. Your current Chanel watch is beautiful though.

missie1 likes this.
  6. Lol I do notice FM Color Dreams is a watch ppl either love or hate!

Why don’t you like the grape dial on the Rolex?

7. I'm just not a fan of color on the inside of watches generally.

8. I see, no wonder you like neither choice! I’m looking to add a bit colors coz my two other watches are more monotone.

9. I prefer the watches that you already have to the ones you’re considering.

hikarupanda likes this.
  10. Lol! I take that as a compliment! I have decided to keep looking!

11. Rolex for sure!

12. Your yacht master is to die for! IMHO it’s much nicer than the grape Rolex. I really like the FM, but think it may be too large for your wrist. Good luck!

13. Thank you! I’ve decided to go vintage! I’m gonna get a reimagined vintage Cartier Tank from this company! This is so much more fun with personality!

https://www.lacalifornienne.com

Miss Happy likes this.
  14. hikarupanda,

Thanks for updating us on your decision. The la Californienne watches look fun!

I would enjoy seeing what your new watch looks like, if you decide to share photos.

hikarupanda likes this.
  15. Yea I’ve seen laCalifornienne watches at Barneys and The Webster b4, and I found out that I can come up with my own design and order directly from the company! I’ve been having some back and forth with the owner refining my specific customizations! Now I just need to wait 4-6 weeks for the watch to arrive!

Miss Happy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice