***For The LoVe of Empreinte Club***

Nosing in here with pictures of my beloved flamme artsy. I sold her to fund my aurore artsy because I love the aurore color slightly more than the flamme but both are gorgeous. I don't recall the year this one was made but I bought it pre loved in new condition and the embossing was PER-FECT. My aurore artsy actually doesn't have as perfect embossing as the flamme did. Here she is:

View attachment 3614012

And another angle

View attachment 3614013

And for fun, here's the aurore:
View attachment 3614016
you are so kind to find these pics! I prefer the flame cause of the rich burgundy hue...and the deep embossing. My artsy infini looks more like the aurore with the light embossing and I'm just not a fan of that....but still love the bag. hmmmm....I just may pull the trigger. :smile:

If your lumi is cracking, take it into LV and have them take a look at it. I took mine in 2 weeks ago and they sent off to the repair department. Since the cracking was a known defect, they will repair or replace the bag. Since the Lumi is discontinued, they should give you a store credit because they can not replace it. I took in my 4 year old bag (not in mint condition) and they gave me a credit for the full price of the bag at its last selling price (which was actually $200 higher than what I paid!) it is certainly worth looking into!
I recently had a issue with my only LV store here in Scottsdale/Phoenix with the delightful MM from 2014 in mint condition and they fought tooth and nail all the way up the food chain to the manager of the store, James, and wouldn't do anything with the bag, though was mint and clearly unused with that dreaded bubbling of the canvas I just noticed had happened. I was so upset.....I did inquire with one of the SAs about this lumi handles, and got the whole." maybe...you need to bring that one iin"......with no success with the delightful, I'm afraid to deal with the lumi and bring it in. hate that we only have one store out here and all of us are at the mercy of that one stores decisions. I'm so mad, I'm thinking of never contributing to that store again and only buying online here on out. No doubt though, I am questioning the quality of LV bags within the last few years though. the lumi is stunning though and the cracking is not obvious unless one looks for it, so thinking of just keeping and using regardless. the lumi and my retiro pm are the only two bags MEN have actually complimented multiple times......they are just so striking.

I recently had a issue with my only LV store here in Scottsdale/Phoenix with the delightful MM from 2014 in mint condition and they fought tooth and nail all the way up the food chain to the manager of the store, James, and wouldn't do anything with the bag, though was mint and clearly unused with that dreaded bubbling of the canvas I just noticed had happened. I was so upset.....I did inquire with one of the SAs about this lumi handles, and got the whole." maybe...you need to bring that one iin"......with no success with the delightful, I'm afraid to deal with the lumi and bring it in. hate that we only have one store out here and all of us are at the mercy of that one stores decisions. I'm so mad, I'm thinking of never contributing to that store again and only buying online here on out. No doubt though, I am questioning the quality of LV bags within the last few years though. the lumi is stunning though and the cracking is not obvious unless one looks for it, so thinking of just keeping and using regardless. the lumi and my retiro pm are the only two bags MEN have actually complimented multiple times......they are just so striking.

I am sorry you have had problems with that store. And I am glad to know about the Scottsdale location! I don't have an LV in my state (which is why it took so long for me to take mine into a store). The closest one is in Dallas (where I ultimately took my lumi to be looked at), but I don't go there often. My new in-laws have a place in Scottsdale though and we have started going there a couple times a year and I was planning on doing my future in-store purchases there, but I may re-think that now.

When I took mine in, I asked them to see if they could repair. The SA (who was clearly new) said she thought they could but would need to send it off to the repair department to have them take a look. She called me back a few days later to let me know what the repair department said. Frankly, I would have been fine if they could have just repaired it. It was with mixed emotions that I went for the store credit because as you said, the lumi is a wonderful bag. I loved the easy access and two longer straps with the security of a zip top and the outer pocket for my phone. However, the cracking was out of control on my bag. It started with a few and by the time I took it in there were cracks every centimeter or so everywhere there was glazing (handles, sides, long strap, etc). It was the infini color, so it wasn't as noticeable as I think it would have been on a lighter bag, but it was still very bad. I ended up using my credit for a noir empreinte melie and had some left over to put towards an Eva. I miss my lumi, it honestly was the perfect style for me, but for almost $3k, it should not have had those quality issues. I am hoping the melie does not have any similar issues!

Good luck, I understand the dilemma, it is a beautiful bag, I don't think there is anything else out right now like it. And thanks for the info on the Scottsdale location! [emoji3]

Reactions: Born4thjuly
Nosing in here with pictures of my beloved flamme artsy. I sold her to fund my aurore artsy because I love the aurore color slightly more than the flamme but both are gorgeous. I don't recall the year this one was made but I bought it pre loved in new condition and the embossing was PER-FECT. My aurore artsy actually doesn't have as perfect embossing as the flamme did. Here she is:

View attachment 3614012

And another angle

View attachment 3614013

And for fun, here's the aurore:
View attachment 3614016
Great pics, enjoy your Aurore Artsy!

How do you find the empreinte leather wears over time? Any scuffing?

My oldest empreinte item is the old model speedy 25 made in 2013, as well as an empreinte zippy wallet from that year. I have absolutely no scuffing. Avoid putting hard base shapers in empreinte bags to help preserve no scuffing. I have chanel caviar items that have slightly scuffed, but never had any scuffing with my empreinte pieces. It's a great quality leather :smile:. Of course, if one were to be very very hard on their bags I imagine there could be slight scuffing of the corners over time. But I've yet to find scuffs on my empreinte pieces.

Stunning collection! I use my empreinte collection more than my Chanels. They're just so practical, beautiful and lovely for day to day :smile:
Thanks! Yes, empreinte is so carefree!
Your collection is stunning, especially the variety of colours, that taupe Trocadero is gorgeous[emoji7]
Thanks! I really wish they had kept taupe as a permanent color!