For Speedy 30-Purseket Large or Cardboard?

pursemama said:
Ingenious! Just one of the many things husbands are good for....PRACTICALITY!
:P It was pretty funny, actually. He saw me examining the bag and he asked what was bothering me. I told him I didn't want my bag to sag. Without batting an eye he said, "I can fix that in a minute." He took the bag, went into the garage, came back in a couple of minutes and it was done. Gotta LOVE DH.:love:

I use a Purseket but, it sags into the shape of the Purseket....unless you get a Purseket that is the exact dimensions as the Speedy 30, which I have yet to find. I think jc2239's idea is good, if you don't mind the air pillows. To tell you the truth, as time passes on, I don't mind the sagging anymore.
I agree (yes again!) with pursemama. I don't mind the sag at all. I guess I got used to it, and while a purseket really does help a speedy hold its shape, I really don't care that much for them. The plexiglass idea really sounds interesting though. V

Well, I actually cut up the box my Speedy came in (not the LV box, the plain box it was delivered in, ;)) - I measured the base of my bag, then cut three pieces out of the flaps of the box, rounded off the corners, taped the three together and placed it the bottom of the bag. Works like a charm! :biggrin:

I usually use a paperback book in the bottom of my 25. It doesn't take up too much room, and if I get bored I always have something to read!

Buttery said:
I think it's crazy that LV hasn't found a way to solve the "sag dilemma." Speedy bags should come with special LV pillows or something. :lol:
I agree with you, Buttery. For the $$$ we pay we should not have to make something ourselves.:Push:

Kat said:
My husband actually measured my bag so it would be exact. I think that's the way to go. Just measure the bottom of your bag. He used a hand saw (I believe that's what it was) and then sanded the edges smooth. I will double check with my husband in the morning. It's 12:30 a.m. here in NY and he is sleeping.
I just checked with DH. He said he used a special tool that cuts plexiglass, not a hand saw. He said the edges were rough after cutting it. He used emory cloth to sand everything smooth. Hope this helps.

Kat said:
I just checked with DH. He said he used a special tool that cuts plexiglass, not a hand saw. He said the edges were rough after cutting it. He used emory cloth to sand everything smooth. Hope this helps.

that's one sweet DH!! he's a keeper :smile:

Okay! I figured it out and I'm very satisfied. We don't have the special tools to cut the plexigass, so we couldn't go that route. I tried the air pillows, but whenever I reached into the bag, it made scrunchy sounds. SO, I took some of your other ideas and combined it. I measure the bottom of the bag and cut a cardboard slightly larger so that I could push it to the bottom of the bag snug. Therefore, no lifting or shifting of the board. Then, I took it back out and pick up an empy black bag w/drawstrings (the one Sephora sends you your products in when you order as gift online) which had similar dimensions as my cut board (slightly larger on the sides). I put the cardboard in the bag, tied the drawstring and folded over the leftover sides to the bottom side of the board. I then inserted the whole thing to the bottom of the Speedy. And now, it has this clean, luxurious bottom w/no sagging! Yay! Thanks for all your suggestions. Wouldn't have been able to think of it w/out you!

Attachments

• speedy2.JPG
    speedy2.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 101
  • speedy1.JPG
    speedy1.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 111
  • speedy.JPG
    speedy.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 91
bella1 said:
Okay! I figured it out and I'm very satisfied. We don't have the special tools to cut the plexigass, so we couldn't go that route. I tried the air pillows, but whenever I reached into the bag, it made scrunchy sounds. SO, I took some of your other ideas and combined it. I measure the bottom of the bag and cut a cardboard slightly larger so that I could push it to the bottom of the bag snug. Therefore, no lifting or shifting of the board. Then, I took it back out and pick up an empy black bag w/drawstrings (the one Sephora sends you your products in when you order as gift online) which had similar dimensions as my cut board (slightly larger on the sides). I put the cardboard in the bag, tied the drawstring and folded over the leftover sides to the bottom side of the board. I then inserted the whole thing to the bottom of the Speedy. And now, it has this clean, luxurious bottom w/no sagging! Yay! Thanks for all your suggestions. Wouldn't have been able to think of it w/out you!
Bella, that looks very nice. Great creation.

I found that cardboard and plexi make it have a hard edge which in my opinion give it a fake look. I have been using my star magazine in the bottom its thin enough to give a bit and fits perfect in the 30. I have tried all kinds of things and for me this works best.

Good luck
Selena