Flaw in diamond

Well, I just came from the jeweler and on one of my side stones, it is indeed a carbon spot and I know that spots are not suppose to be in VS diamonds. I don't know where my fiance got the ring from, but I just talked to him about and asked them about the company policy and he said that you have 30 days to return if anything is wrong with the ring. But since it is a accent diamond on the side, I'm just having it replaced by my jeweler because it is an eye sore to me. Maybe next time I will inspect my jewerly more.

Oh yeah... VS diamonds should definitely be eye-clean... the VS stands for "very slightly" included... inclusions which you might be able to see with a 10x loupe, but, absolutely not with your eyeballs!

It's always a good idea to get your diamond's inclusions "mapped" before you hand it over to your jeweler & double check your diamond against the map when you get it back. Heck, buy yourself a loupe (I just got myself one & I love it!) and don't be afraid to whip it out! Just make sure it's at least 10x magnification (industry standard)...sometimes unscrupulous jewelers will loan you their store loupes which are lower powered which makes it harder to spot flaws...

Loupes = diamond love! :heart:

Hi ladies, some more updates. When I told my fiance about the flaw, the internet site he got it from said they were sorry and they would replace the diamond but it would take about 8 weeks and I could not wait that long so I went to my jeweler and he said he would replace the stone for about $150 and I said yes and it would take about 5 to 10 days. I am also getting the ring insured.

But since we were in the jewelry store, I told my fiance to try on some wedding bands since I did not know what kind of ring he wanted and he picked out the kind of ring he wanted and since we were there again, I started looking a matching wedding band for my engagement ring. So I am getting wedding band special made with diamonds all around in the size of the diamonds on the side of my engagement ring.

And since we had just spent so much money there in one day, I am getting my flawed diamond replaced for free, appriasal on the ring free, and the insurance on the ring for the first year free also.

So something that was flawed ended up being a good thing!

Well, if the diamond is bothering you then I'm glad you're replacing it. I would have done the same thing. Although, I probably wouldn't have told my fiance (secrets aren't always a good idea for a marriage but I'd want to save his feelings). Guys never know what they are doing when it comes to jewelry. They just blindly try to please us. Poor things. That's why they need us. Try not to blame him too much:smile: The good news is that now you will enjoy looking at your beautiful ring.

Oh, it didn't hurt his feelings at all. I was going to get the diamond replace myself and he insisted on getting it replaced because he loves the rings just as much as I do and since I let him pick it out by himself, he wanted it to be a perfect ring.

Oh, somehow I missed your post on the free replacement and the wedding bands. That's great news. Will you show us your wedding band when it's completed? I love seeing everyone's beautiful jewelry. It sounds like you have a great fiance as well. Congratulations!