First BV Bag- Keep the Sloane?

Frankly, I am surprised you are even debating this at the price point you paid. Similar styles from new collection retail at over $3000. You got a quality bag that will last you a long time and even though not the exact style you were hoping for, you can always add a Veneta when the right one comes along in a different color. For what it's worth, my biggest hesitation personally with BV is that I can never decide what color I want. Since you love this color, wear it, enjoy it, and stop stressing. Once you use maybe you will love and if not you can always sell. Sounds like there would be many takers just in this thread!

Thought it would be nice to show the bag in question.

View attachment 5911928
I saw this when it was first posted on Yoogis and had to rope myself to the one lone palm tree on Ban Island.

cody GIF by Redneck Island

Hi! I pulled the trigger on my very first BV bag recently, I believe it is the Sloane hobo. I was attracted to the color, it is a deep purple so it was somewhat of an impulse purchase. Since I’m new to BV, I wanted to ask the experts if this is a good purchase and more information about the bag, like official name of the color and whether it’s lambskin, how it wears over time, and whether the price is fair. I believe it’s from 2009 based on the listing. I’m debating whether to keep it since it was an impulse purchase and I was really looking for a Veneta hobo but this looked like a close style and I was drawn to the color. Thanks for any insights! This is the original listing: https://www.yoogiscloset.com/572936...trecciato-woven-nappa-leather-sloane-bag.html
My BV bags hold up very well.

• Love
Reactions: Sassy and jbags07