Ferragamo at Foxtown: review with photos

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
09E220B3-D025-4936-8AD6-BCC4E75B2B32.jpeg A couple of times a year we take a short holiday to Lugano, a beautiful Swiss lakeside city just shouting distance from Italy. Each trip inevitably includes a shopping day at Foxtown, the designer discount mall about 20 minutes from Lugano. foxtown.ch

I plan to do a full photo thread on the mall as a whole but I wanted to call out two stores in particular: Foxtown and Valentino. These are our favorites for bags, shoes and accessories. This most recent shopping day (yesterday) yielded another happy purchase and one we had to let go to stay in our budget.

The Ferragamo store is fairly large and right on the ground floor. It carries shoes, bags, scarves, SLGs, and clothes for men and women. Helpful pleasant staff. Some photos...first the thing I did buy, a new small wallet, shown with some Blooms slip-on trainers I bought at Gucci.

Last edited:
DBDF4E20-C514-4C70-A49A-3AAF34799F16.jpeg Last, the one that got away: this gorgeous large throw blanket made of thick cashmere in luscious colors (it’s folded to less than quarter size in the pic). But at 1000 francs (a very fair price, IMO), it would have pushed us above our day’s shopping budget. But boy did we love it!

For comparison, I paid 220 francs for my wallet. The same wallet sells for 450 euros on the Ferragamo website, as I recall, and isn’t offered in this deep pink color.