Fendi Peekaboo Repair Nightmare

yukaeshi

Mad Madame
Jun 15, 2014
So I bought a Peekaboo Essentially back in 2019, and as I travel with and use the bag a lot since I really love the bag, some of the glazing especially at the handles have come off and the twist lock buckles have discoloured due to friction. I sent in my bag to the boutique I brought it from on the 10th June 2023 requesting for a repair, and it has been a nightmare.

Firstly, the boutiques rotate SAs like crazy, my "assigned" SA has probably changed more than 3 or 4 times since I started shopping there- before the Peekaboo I bought a By The Way and a DotCom. So I contacted my "assigned" SA (They all kept the same number at least) and arranged to bring in my bag, where they would evaluate the bag, fill in the after sales service form, etc. Have to say that my SA was not that attentive nor professional during the whole process and was more interested in selling me on some new bags, and at one point even left me with a colleague for a while.

Secondly, they told me that the whole process would take maybe 7 weeks. Sure, no problem as I am not in urgent use of it for now. After 7 weeks without a peep from my SA I contacted them for updates, and they told me that they had requested for the spare parts. I asked them why are they only requesting it now then when I had sent in the bag earlier? And they answered that it was because they were still waiting.

Thirdly, I always had to chase my SA for updates. They would never update me. And every time was the same reason- nothing has been done yet as they are still waiting for the spare parts, the spare parts have yet to arrive, the spare parts status is still pending, that it will take them months to restock. First it was from Hong Kong, then it was from Italy, but still, nothing. The most positive response I got was that the spare parts are estimated to arrive from Italy at the end of August, but after that in September, the spare parts are still pending with no reason.

Now it is October, and after chasing my SA again for updates, the latest reason for the delay is that they are unable to order the spare parts because they are not available to order for the moment. No other rhyme or reason.

I actually even wrote in to Fendi Client Services three times, on the 15th August 2023, on the 18th September 2023, and just now on 16th October 2023, but their replies the first two times (They haven't replied to the latest one yet) is basically that they are sorry and I would just have to be patient. I did write back saying that I think I have been patient enough already as it has been months, but, crickets.

I understand if the reason is because the bag model has been discontinued and hence they don't keep stock for the spare parts, or something like that, but this doesn't seem to be communicated and then again, this is a prestigious name we are talking about, not some cheap fast fashion knockoff. Not to mention the conflicting responses from the SA- one moment it's arriving from Hong Kong, then an estimation that it is arriving from Italy and they will proceed to fix my bag once it arrives, then now they cannot order it because it's not available.

I'm really disappointed and this is truly unprofessional and unsatisfactory customer service from Fendi. I really love the bags from the brand and have been eyeing a Baguette, but it looks like I will avoid them for now.

I'm sorry for your experience with Fendi. It really seems like a lot of these "It" bags are made to fall apart and the brands just want you to buy a new one. It's so rare for a brand to stand behind their product and offer maintenance/repairs in an organized and transparent manner.

Yes, sorry to hear and hope you get your bag soon! More disappointed on the quality of the bag itself!! I've had bags repaired/altered in the past. Had an excellent SA from Prada and the zipper repair (sent to Italy) took over 6 months. Had a Hermes Bag strap shortened (sent to Paris) and that took over 4 months. Hang in there, it's not so uncommon.

It baffles me to no end that anyone would still think any of these fashion houses cares about anything aftersale. Besides one or two of them, once they've pocketed your money, you're on your own.
Much better it is to start collecting references of good craftsmen and professional leatherworkers to handle all your aftermarket for you. You waste less time, get better service and avoid the frustration and the disrespect.

Reactions: jess236
I'm sorry for your experience with Fendi. It really seems like a lot of these "It" bags are made to fall apart and the brands just want you to buy a new one. It's so rare for a brand to stand behind their product and offer maintenance/repairs in an organized and transparent manner.
To be honest I am shocked but not that surprised my bag needed some repairs/maintenance as I am not one to really baby my bags and I did use the bag very very often. I just expected them to be more organised, yes! But overall too yes it does seem like they are more concerned in selling more new bags than looking after their existing ones.
Yes, sorry to hear and hope you get your bag soon! More disappointed on the quality of the bag itself!! I've had bags repaired/altered in the past. Had an excellent SA from Prada and the zipper repair (sent to Italy) took over 6 months. Had a Hermes Bag strap shortened (sent to Paris) and that took over 4 months. Hang in there, it's not so uncommon.
I really don't mind the wait but it just bothers me how unprofessional and non-transparent they have been. Even if they give me excuses, at least make it sound more consistent and honest and not like they are beating around the bush and avoiding the topic for some reason :sad: Fingers crossed though, thank you :amuse:
It baffles me to no end that anyone would still think any of these fashion houses cares about anything aftersale. Besides one or two of them, once they've pocketed your money, you're on your own.
Much better it is to start collecting references of good craftsmen and professional leatherworkers to handle all your aftermarket for you. You waste less time, get better service and avoid the frustration and the disrespect.
I had satisfactory experiences with other brands like Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, and Dunhill, where I would bring in bags or mostly SLGs for maintenance/repair or after sales services and they were professional about it, so my bad to think Fendi would be the same. It's a bit difficult to find reliable/trustworthy leatherworkers where I am but I am hoping to find one soon too for cases like this, like you said, I would waste less time and get better service.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I've had experiences like this with Burberry and LV. The only place that was willing to do repairs - even though they took a couple of months - was Hermes.