Falling out of love with Speedy B :\

I fell out of love with my 30B DE for a few reasons:
1. The piping issue
2. It's way too big for me to wear as a shoulder bag and/or as a cross body, I'm 5'7", 110lbs for reference
3. The strap was very stiff (I just don't like using the strap)

I replaced it with a classic mono 30 and a Galet empreinte 25B. And I fell in LOVE with the speedy again~! so I got another Speedy 30 in white multicolour.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I fell out of love with my 30B DE for a few reasons:
1. The piping issue
2. It's way too big for me to wear as a shoulder bag and/or as a cross body, I'm 5'7", 110lbs for reference
3. The strap was very stiff (I just don't like using the strap)

I replaced it with a classic mono 30 and a Galet empreinte 25B. And I fell in LOVE with the speedy again~! so I got another Speedy 30 in white multicolour.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Oh, I want an Emp Speedy in cerise so bad! I remember reading your thread about issues with the DE B30 and your reveals! Glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end.

Hey Miss Mon!!

I got my Speedy B around the same time as you actually! Mine was also sort of an impulse buy because I got it for a super low price. I'm hoping to be able to at least break even on it.

The B30's size and shape is too awkward for me to wear as crossbody. I LOVE crossbody bags, but I don't have enough of them. Most of my bag collection is top handles, so I really wanted to love this bag because it has so many options.

Thanks for your input! I'm leaning more and more towards selling it. May replace it with Delightful MM ;)

May be a good choice! With it being Mono you should do okay selling it dear.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I've had my mono speedy for about 7-8 years now and it's still in great condition. Really impressed with LV's quality and how it holds up beautifully through the years. I'm actually planning on getting a speedy B in DE. Am I the only one here that loves the saggy look of the speedy B? I really enjoy the relaxed look of the bag. Since I actually own many structured bags and to be honest they're really uncomfortable to carry. I hope it works out for you ladies! =)

I guess I'm in the minority here because I still love my Speedy B 35 in DE...I love the look of the leather strips on the sides and how the shorter handle hangs down even when I use it hand held, which is 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, it's so convenient to have the shoulder strap there, for when my arm gets tired. I'd never take a regular Speedy out for a day of shopping so having the shoulder strap is a real plus to me (not worth an extra $400 IMO, but still). I never use the extender with my Speedy B because the 35 is way too big to wear cross-body but I use it constantly with my DE pochette as a cross-body. I'll admit that I don't love the sag in the middle when it's worn over my shoulder but overall, I love the versatility of this bag. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to sell a bag I wasn't happy with anymore. :smile:

YES YES! I purchased the Speedy B 30 in April and finally sold her in August. I love Speedy's but I also wanted a shoulder bag so buying the Speedy B at the time seemed right. Wrong I came to the conclusion the Speedy is a hand held bag period. Unlike you I was not in love with the Speedy B - for me it was an impulse buy that I should have never made because I lost a ton of money when I sold (well not a ton but it was a loss never the less). I Think it was just the timing in which I sold because it was in Azur.

The bag sat very awkward when placed on the shoulder and just did not sit right like it caves inward looking very tacky. Even DH said that. Never used it cross body because I am not a cross body girl. I tried using a base shaper to prevent the caving but it then stuck out way too far. The Speedy B is a very awkward bag and I have learned you either love it or you don't. I sold it with no regrets at all (beside the money loss because it was so new) and replace her with the Artsy MM Azur.

I think you should sell it and because it is in Mono you will definitely get more money for it being it is Fall. Look at actually getting a shoulder bag in Mono. In my experience with LV shoulder bags are shoulder bags and hand bags are hand bags. Do not try to make yourself love it again because it does not work like that. What bothers you now will always bother you. Sell it get something you will LOVE.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I got the Speedy B DE 30 last year for Christmas and I have used it exactly once! I am not sure what I don't care for about this purse, but it just doesn't do it for me. I bought an organizer from Pimp my Speedy and I still don't use it! I am not sure what to do at this point as I don't want to regret it later if I sell it:-s

I got the Speedy B DE 30 last year for Christmas and I have used it exactly once! I am not sure what I don't care for about this purse, but it just doesn't do it for me. I bought an organizer from Pimp my Speedy and I still don't use it! I am not sure what to do at this point as I don't want to regret it later if I sell it:-s

Well for wearing a bag once out of nine months - I say sell it dear and get something you will use. It is DE which sells like hot cakes on eBay, Yoogi's, and Fashionphile. If you haven't used in nine months I don't see you even missing it really more or less any regrets. Sell the bag girl!

Be Blessed MoNikki

Would it be crazy to sell off most of my collection to get other pieces?

I want to sell my Favorite PM to fund the MM, Curieuse wallet in orient to fund Curieuse wallet in cerise, Speedy B 30 to fund Delightful MM, Sonatine & possibly DE Josephine (old model) to help cover the differences I would have to pay. I already have money put aside for a mono Noe BB (I was saving this for when I reached my weight loss goal but considering the upcoming price increase I may just buy it and wait to use it after I lose weight).

Also to be completely honest part of me is tempted to also sell my black/grenad MC cles to fund a regular cles for functionality reasons buuuuttttt it's just so pretty and considering this line is going to be discontinued soon I kind of don't want to give it up.

I want to sell my Favorite PM to fund the MM, Curieuse wallet in orient to fund Curieuse wallet in cerise, Speedy B 30 to fund Delightful MM, Sonatine & possibly DE Josephine (old model) to help cover the differences I would have to pay. I already have money put aside for a mono Noe BB (I was saving this for when I reached my weight loss goal but considering the upcoming price increase I may just buy it and wait to use it after I lose weight).

Also to be completely honest part of me is tempted to also sell my black/grenad MC cles to fund a regular cles for functionality reasons buuuuttttt it's just so pretty and considering this line is going to be discontinued soon I kind of don't want to give it up.

Alright Girly Poo I think you need to take one step at a time here for real. This is why we need to be completely sure about purchases in this price range - they need to be well thought out. I learned this after my first impulse purchase and the PM Delightful vs the MM. (Thankfully I did not loose any money there).

So I say start with selling the Speedy B. I don't remember if you said you had a boutique close. But if you do go in and compare a few shoulder bags in mono. I know you want the Delightful but throw some others in side by side to really be sure. I really thought back then you should have got the Delightful over the Speedy B but it was such a good deal. You really are talking about loosing quite a bit here.

I mean dear you do what makes you happy but this is what suggest.

Be Blessed MoNikki

No I don't think it's crazy... I just sold some of my mulberry bags to fund a mono speedy b 25 actually but I love crossbody bags and love it. ( satchel styles, small cross body and totes are my favourite styles hinge why I now own a speedy b 25, Eva and neverfall mm from LV)The reason LV do so many bags is because everyone has different tastes.

The only thing I wouldn't sell would be your mc cles. Once they discontinue it you would find it hard to replace. Also if your thinking of a DE,DA or mono cles then they won't go up much plus they won't take as long to save for as in LV terms they are one of the cheaper items .

Alright Girly Poo I think you need to take one step at a time here for real. This is why we need to be completely sure about purchases in this price range - they need to be well thought out. I learned this after my first impulse purchase and the PM Delightful vs the MM. (Thankfully I did not loose any money there).

So I say start with selling the Speedy B. I don't remember if you said you had a boutique close. But if you do go in and compare a few shoulder bags in mono. I know you want the Delightful but throw some others in side by side to really be sure. I really thought back then you should have got the Delightful over the Speedy B but it was such a good deal. You really are talking about loosing quite a bit here.

I mean dear you do what makes you happy but this is what suggest.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Thanks for your input! I always respect your advice/opinion.

The closet boutiques are about 3 hours away from me. I'm 100% certain about the Curieuse because red is what I wanted in the first place (did not purchase this at full price either, paid about 1/3 less than retail). Speedy B I got new for less than $1k. The Sonatine I got months ago preloved, only used it once and hated it...I don't even remember why I was so obsessed with this bag to be honest. Favorite PM, every time I pull it out I wish it were bigger. I think the only one to be concerned about is the Delightful MM, which I won't purchase without trying on first and being 10000000% sure I love it. I was going to plan a weekend out of town to go to the boutique and try everything on just to be 100% percent.

My entire collection was purchased preloved in excellent condition except for my 6 key holder, which I bought brand new a month ago and I do not plan on selling. I got them all at really low prices so I'm not too worried about losing too much, since I've kept all of them in tip top condition as well.

The duffle bag thing..
I was at the store trying on bags a while ago with my friend and tried on the DE Speedy B 25. He turned his nose up at it and said "ugh, looks like a duffle bag, why would you want that". I should have listened. I bought it anyway, in fact I went through 2 Speedy B's ( 25 and 30) and the same thing happened, I loved it at first and then between the sag on the 30 and the plastic-y feeling of the DE 25, I just started hating them. The Empreinte speedy I still like, probably because I think it has more shape to it and doesn't sag. Sag on a leather hobo looks good but not on the speedy. I sold both, at a loss, but dont regret it because now I am not constantly torn in deciding if I like them or not. If you're planning to sell, might be good to sit on it for at least a week so you're sure selling is what you want to do.

I totally agree with you about the "plastic-y feeling". I have done so much research about speedy and seen modelling pics, etc, I thought I really wanted one. I went to store yesterday and tried it on, it didn't feel right and I didn't fell in love with it at all. I know sagging can be solved by putting a base shaper or organizer. But the plastic-y feeling really scared me away.

I was so sure and told my husband that I would buy a speedy yesterday, but after trying and seeing the bag in person, I left the store with empty hands. My husband asked me, "Are you sure you don't want to buy the bag?". I said, "Yes".

I totally agree with you about the "plastic-y feeling". I have done so much research about speedy and seen modelling pics, etc, I thought I really wanted one. I went to store yesterday and tried it on, it didn't feel right and I didn't fell in love with it at all. I know sagging can be solved by putting a base shaper or organizer. But the plastic-y feeling really scared me away.

I was so sure and told my husband that I would buy a speedy yesterday, but after trying and seeing the bag in person, I left the store with empty hands. My husband asked me, "Are you sure you don't want to buy the bag?". I said, "Yes".

This is sad to hear as i am thinking of getting the mono speedy 30 in a few weeks. Did any other bags catch your eye. Vernis, Epi, Empreiente ?

Well for wearing a bag once out of nine months - I say sell it dear and get something you will use. It is DE which sells like hot cakes on eBay, Yoogi's, and Fashionphile. If you haven't used in nine months I don't see you even missing it really more or less any regrets. Sell the bag girl!

Be Blessed MoNikki

Lol - when you put it that way, it sounds so obvious! I am not sure why I would like to replace it with, but I have always regretted not getting the 25 instead of the 30. Would it be crazy to sell the 30 and then turn around and get the 25?