Fake longchamp bags on eBay

Not sure if it's appropriate to state here or not but whenever you decide to purchase a bag from an unauthorized source online or in a brick and mortal store always use a credit card. As consumers, we are entitled to initiate chargebacks.

yguo4259 on Ebay is guaranteed fake. I got it checked out at Longchamp in Toronto, ON. I'm pretty sure lindaalau is fake too. The pictures both provide are almost identical.

I originally took the chance because
1) I really wanted graphite and
2) I actually used snobaffair's comparison test and it passed. (not that I blame her or anything. the seller's pictures weren't very good... i should have asked for more pics...)

I'm so angry because this person had the audacity to turn it around on me when I tried to cancel the order when I first became suspicious. He made it seem like I was being unreasonable listening to one person (this thread) over 100's of "positive" feedback. When I asked the seller how he/she got the bag, he/she said they can't reveal their supply route due to competition. (Lindaalau said it's through employee discount...-.- really?).

I paid using PayPal and I may have to pay the return shipping. >:sad:
There's no protection for fraud on PayPal other than getting the amount you originally paid back.

PM if you want more pictures of the fake, cuz it looks sooo similar. I'm thinking Grade A fake.

Anyways, I learned my lesson and I hope others will find this post useful. Good luck! :smile:

Attachments

• fake longchamp.jpg
    fake longchamp.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,752
yguo4259 on Ebay is guaranteed fake. I got it checked out at Longchamp in Toronto, ON. I'm pretty sure lindaalau is fake too. The pictures both provide are almost identical.

2) I actually used snobaffair's comparison test and it passed. (not that I blame her or anything. the seller's pictures weren't very good... i should have asked for more pics...)

I'm so angry because this person had the audacity to turn it around on me when I tried to cancel the order when I first became suspicious. He made it seem like I was being unreasonable listening to one person (this thread) over 100's of "positive" feedback. When I asked the seller how he/she got the bag, he/she said they can't reveal their supply route due to competition. (Lindaalau said it's through employee discount...-.- really?).

There's no protection for fraud on PayPal other than getting the amount you originally paid back.

PM if you want more pictures of the fake, cuz it looks sooo similar. I'm thinking Grade A fake.

Anyways, I learned my lesson and I hope others will find this post useful. Good luck! :smile:

It's interesting that you used Snobaffair's guide since I have come across a blog that also used her guide . . . . to buy a fake. Lots of things I can say but I wont, beyond pointing out that it's 3 yrs old and there have been advances in improving the fakes since then.

So sorry you got a fake.
My approach to authenticating from photos is that a) I can see obviously fake details and decide it's a fake, or b) I can fail to decide it's fake…which is not the same as deciding it's authentic.
Other red flags not related to the bag itself--seller has multiples, stock photos, limited number of photos (but the absence of these does not mean authentic!!)

I read that blog and the bags she used are what I would see at flea markets being sold as "class A" or the cheaper ones that are so obviously fake without close inspection. I've seen better fakes, which are more expensive and it's harder to tell..

From what I know, if you file a claim with PayPal they will side with you, and have you destroy the bag. Check ebay threads on the purse forum for more info

It's interesting that you used Snobaffair's guide since I have come across a blog that also used her guide . . . . to buy a fake. Lots of things I can say but I wont, beyond pointing out that it's 3 yrs old and there have been advances in improving the fakes since then.

I know I've posted links to this site but I'd have to agree with you now.

Unfortunately, PayPal said I have to send it to the seller using MY MONEY to ship! ...from CANADA to AUSTRALIA!!!

They may give me back the shipping costs. I dunno.

That seller is STILL on Ebay, selling his bags. Can't believe it's taking EBay so long to ban him/her.

FYI, I paid 105+21.10shipping= $126.10AUD for the fake bag. I can get a real one in Toronto for $160-tax...-.- so sad/angry...
(I originally bought it cuz I really wanted graphite.)

Unfortunately, PayPal said I have to send it to the seller using MY MONEY to ship! ...from CANADA to AUSTRALIA!!!

They may give me back the shipping costs. I dunno.

That seller is STILL on Ebay, selling his bags. Can't believe it's taking EBay so long to ban him/her.

FYI, I paid 105+21.10shipping= $126.10AUD for the fake bag. I can get a real one in Toronto for $160-tax...-.- so sad/angry...
(I originally bought it cuz I really wanted graphite.)

You should post in the Ebay sub forum for how to proceed.

You should post in the Ebay sub forum for how to proceed.
Just to update on what happened:

After calling Ebay and PayPal many, many times and looking at searching forums, the conclusion is that they can't help me with shipping. Ebay and PayPal are now separate companies. At the time that I opened the claim, if you opened a claim with PayPal, you couldn't open it with Ebay and vice versa.

I didn't ship it back because it would have cost me about $50 CAD (I went to 3 different place for quotes). I was charged $21.10 for shipping from Australia to Canada when I ordered so I think the seller had some kind of business post plan. (I bet the seller knows it costs so much to return and that's why he/she's so blatant.) yguo4529 is still on eBay.

As a result, I called VISA. A wonderful lady at Visa named Debra stated as long as I have the evidence that it's a counterfeit good, they can look into it and return the amount back to me. The only thing is that it takes up to 48 weeks.

In Canada, PayPal isn't considered a bank so there is no protection under the Bank Act. They only offer the original amount you paid back. They don't offer anything beyond that. So if you've been victim to a fraud, PayPal will require you to sent the item back to the seller and YOU HAVE TO PAY THE SHIPPING.

My lesson in this: I'm never using PayPal again.

Last edited: