Expensive Watches!

umm, gosh, I have several Seiko watches.. I can't afford watches more than 500 right now, so 1 million bucks for a watch??? dang, that's a lot of money.. as someone mentioned, thats enough to buy a house, get tons of handbags (oki, some if u r buying a Birkin or Kelly) and enough to pay for my student loans........ I don't think I can ever imagine paying a million dollars for a watch.. but then again, I am not loaded nor rich....

here's my humble watch collection:
watchcollection.jpg

(l-r: Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive, Tag Heuer Monaco Re-Edition, Cartier Pasha, Bvlgari Carbongold, Rolex Oysterdate Precision)

missing in this photo is an old Gucci G watch with black patent strap.

I'm not into watches, not at all, I have a Tag Kirium that my husband kindly bought for me one Christmas, but I have to say, I would rather have spent the money on shoes or a nice bag :biggrin:

He bugged me for ages about getting me a watch, I really wasn't that fussed so I'd say to him 'a £20 watch tells the same time as a £2000 watch!'

This all worked well enough until he started replying 'A £20 handbag carries the same stuff as a £2000 bag' :sad:

I stopped using that line shortly after that......

deluxeduck - I love your collection!!!

I am a fan of vintage, and "chunky" type watches. I love it when I see a huge watch on somebody. I notice watches more than jewelry.

Have a few Rolexes (old and new) but my favorite is my stainless steel Rolex AirKing. It is a "mid-size" watch and very simple looking.

Many of the actresses were wearing Air Kings a few years back. Jennifer Aniston wore one in the movie "Picture Perfect".

In our family, we spend millions on watches. My dad is a watch collector, and would spend as much as you can imagine on a watch. He mostly collects Rolex, Piaget, Vacheron Constantine.
I'm not a big fan of the Jacob & Co. watches. They're so into fashion that you wont be able to wear them after 5 years. My little sister bought one and I went mad on her lol.

Now my dad is planning to get the LE J12, which is one of 5 pieces.

i have few nice watches but nothing like the ones mentioned in the thread, i have a De Grisogono in rose gold, 2 Bulgaris one in yellow gold and the other in white steel and i have a Van Der Bauwede in white gold and diamonds... I pormise to post pics once i figure out how...

Well I am definitely a watch fan and there are several watches I want to collect over time, but I do tend to like the classics - not into fashion-y watches. It's just my personal taste - Rolex and Cartier are faves :heart:

I guess I'd probably be a bit more into the fashion watches if I had a higher disposable income - I quite like some of the designs, but I couldn't come at paying the price for something that hasn't stood the test of time, if you know what I mean...

I wear a Chanel J12 38mm with diamond markers. That one cost just about $5k with tax and I get compliments on it DAILY. I think the only other watch I would consider getting is a Rolex oyster perpetual datejust (is that what it's called?) Anyhow, I don't think I'd ever spend more than 4 digits (x,xxx) on a watch. I guess it really depends on how much money I'm making when I'm older. Maybe when I graduate from college or med school hehe. IDK if I'd want to spend so much money on ONE THING though. I kinda of like to spread out my money.

I was never into watches before...but I fell in love with a Perraguex watch and now can better appreciate what a good watch maker can do...but still, its not my thing and I wont spend too much on them.....