Exotics

I have bought quite a few non exotic bags over the years, most now belong to my daughter. From left I seem to recall a black French Lalique in suede, a white Swiss Bally, a blue French DuPont, a cream Swiss Guepard, a brown ZeroB1 Bulgari and last but not not least a brown Asprey from the 167 Bond Street capsule collection. The two bags in front I do not recall.

IMG_1228.jpeg

Lalique introduced bags, belts and scarves in the late 1990’s, but soon gave it up. They had some exotic bags and belt as well, all with Lalique crystal parts. Bally also made some exotic bags, but this one is made of very thick bull skin. Will last forever. Some years ago Bally bought Zagliani, famous maker of soft silicon injected python skin bags. My first bag was a Zagliani, I still have it.

IMG_1232.jpeg

Passing a superfake Hermes Birkin or Chanel 2.55 for real is understandable, even the labels themselves admits it is hard to spot some superfakes. Listing this bag as alligator is laugable. Where I live it would be fraudulent, hence Alligator Fraudulentiensis. I understand RealReal authenticate every item by in-house experts so I can not understand how this one passed the inspection. Any novice authenticator should know embossed from genuine alligator, especially when the pattern of the scales bears so little resemblance with genuine alligator skin.

Lately (in board meetings) I have been introduced to the next big thing, generative AI. Wow, I must not miss out! I am still absorbing the fact that I completely missed out the circular economy also embracing the luxury goods. Lately I have been checking a number of resellers to see if my next bag could be a second hand one for half the retail price. But what have I found besides lots of tempting bags? Well, sloppy authentication for one. Mixing up embossed and real is another one, but this sometimes goes both ways :smile: Anyone fancy this crocodile Dior Diorama bag for cheap?

IMG_1397.png

Speaking about ladies who lunch (not ment as an insult to any ladies on this forum), the other day after a board meeting a board member told me that if I sold all my (to him probable no name) bags I could afford a Hermes Birkin! Well, his wife just got an alligator Birkin in matte Beton. Behind her back there is lots of talk about the bag not being real. Mine are real and they all serve a purpose of carrying stuff rather than being on display.
Yours are beautiful and I definitely wouldn’t sell them!Im planning to buy more exotics(including Hermes), but I wouldn’t sell my current bags to fund them…
Every exotic bag is unique, I love my bags as well, although I would love an alligator Birkin I love my non H exotics just as much.
I don’t have a daughter to pass my bags on to, but I do have a lovely niece, who luckily loves handbags, although I’m not ready to part with an exotic bag yet..