Evercolor Leather

has anyone experienced color transfer issue w this leather? I have my convoyeur and after a few uses while wearing black jeans (that aren't new), the back of it is starting to get dark. Noticeably dark.

not sure what to do with it and now I am scared of this leather... (and I kept on thinking - thank god it's "only" a convoyeur)

As this thread has popped up again I wondered if I could get some feedback from you all,

I own a Cityhall in Bleu Indigo Evergrain, which I had understood to be the same as Evercolor, but the ‘non-coloured’ version.

Unlike your descriptions, in this design, the leather is structured and firm with very minimal grain. It also scratches readily, but has so far been OK with what London rain has crept onto it unannounced!

So my question is, although my receipt says Evergrain, could this in fact be Evercalf, which I understand is more Box-like and delicate?

Either way, I love it and now that it’s picked up a couple bruises it’s all forming part of the character and history of the bag, but it just has me confused at the stark contrast to all your feedback on how Evercolor wears!

As this thread has popped up again I wondered if I could get some feedback from you all,

I own a Cityhall in Bleu Indigo Evergrain, which I had understood to be the same as Evercolor, but the ‘non-coloured’ version.

Unlike your descriptions, in this design, the leather is structured and firm with very minimal grain. It also scratches readily, but has so far been OK with what London rain has crept onto it unannounced!

So my question is, although my receipt says Evergrain, could this in fact be Evercalf, which I understand is more Box-like and delicate?

Either way, I love it and now that it’s picked up a couple bruises it’s all forming part of the character and history of the bag, but it just has me confused at the stark contrast to all your feedback on how Evercolor wears!
Hope the attachment helps :smile:

Attachments

• 810C8813-6BB8-4C41-A171-325C9EA741B9.png
    810C8813-6BB8-4C41-A171-325C9EA741B9.png
    431.6 KB · Views: 1,125
Thanks all!

The leather on the Cityhall is very, very softly textured, more of a very slightly dappled, flattened & smoothed out, rather than a fully textured (Clemence/Togo), which differs with some of the Evercolor pieces I've seen!

Perhaps due to the construction of the Cityhall, which to me feels like it has a reinforced, firm leather core to keep it structured, the leather is 'stretched' over the bag, which smooths out the texture somewhat. There are some beautifully pronounced veins which come through beautifully in the sunshine but perhaps this construction makes the leather a little more delicate and fine scratches are less easily smoothed out as the leather is less plush.

I'll attach a couple pics later to show you what I'm trying to describe rather poorly!!!

Reactions: BBC