European Royals (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Benelux, Spain etc.)

Have you ever heard of this lovely tradition that started with Queen Margrethe's grandmother, Crown Princess Margareta, born Princess Margaret of Connaught?

1708428911955.png

She and her sister Patricia wore gold bangles and the tradition was passed on to Margaret's only daughter Ingrid, later Queen of Denmark. She gave similar bracelets to all her three daughters who have continued the tradition with their own daughters. They always wear one on their left wrist. Benedikte's daughters have one and so do Anne Marie's daughters.

1708428934384.png

Since Margrethe has no daughters, she has continued the tradition with her granddaughters.

1708429363103.png1708429377044.png

All except one, it seems... Isabella has one, so does Josephine. But Athena has never been seen wearing one. Even in the pics where Josephine and Athena are small girls and playing together during an event, Josie has a bracelet but Athena doesn't. It bothers me that not only did Marge remove the princess title from her granddaughter Athena, the daughter of the son she dislikes, Prince Joachim, but Athena seems to have never received a bracelet of her own. Like she wasn't Marge's granddaughter and the descendant of Daisy of Sweden. The girls actually receive two bracelets, one in children's size at age 5 and later one in adult size. Of course it is possible she received one and has never worn it but that would seem strange.

1708429444143.png

If I was Joachim, I'd buy my daughter one if my mother had conveniently forgotten to do so. Surely Marge cannot be that petty, can she?

I do love the tradition of bracelets and would love to know whether the tradition started with Prince Arthur's children of if it's an older one.

Have you ever heard of this lovely tradition that started with Queen Margrethe's grandmother, Crown Princess Margareta, born Princess Margaret of Connaught?

View attachment 5952698

She and her sister Patricia wore gold bangles and the tradition was passed on to Margaret's only daughter Ingrid, later Queen of Denmark. She gave similar bracelets to all her three daughters who have continued the tradition with their own daughters. They always wear one on their left wrist. Benedikte's daughters have one and so do Anne Marie's daughters.

View attachment 5952699

Since Margrethe has no daughters, she has continued the tradition with her granddaughters.

View attachment 5952701View attachment 5952702

All except one, it seems... Isabella has one, so does Josephine. But Athena has never been seen wearing one. Even in the pics where Josephine and Athena are small girls and playing together during an event, Josie has a bracelet but Athena doesn't. It bothers me that not only did Marge remove the princess title from her granddaughter Athena, the daughter of the son she dislikes, Prince Joachim, but Athena seems to have never received a bracelet of her own. Like she wasn't Marge's granddaughter and the descendant of Daisy of Sweden. The girls actually receive two bracelets, one in children's size at age 5 and later one in adult size. Of course it is possible she received one and has never worn it but that would seem strange.

View attachment 5952703

If I was Joachim, I'd buy my daughter one if my mother had conveniently forgotten to do so. Surely Marge cannot be that petty, can she?

I do love the tradition of bracelets and would love to know whether the tradition started with Prince Arthur's children of if it's an older one.
Why didn’t the Queen like Joachim?

Reactions: pukasonqo

View attachment 5952698

View attachment 5952699

View attachment 5952701View attachment 5952702

View attachment 5952703

Why didn’t the Queen like Joachim?
I don’t think the Queen dislikes Joachim. Do we actually know his daughter doesn’t have one? If she hasn’t given one to Athena I think there is a valid reason.
I absolutely agree with the Queen’s decision regarding Joachim’s children royal titles. She did it not out of spite but to allow them to have as normal of a life as possible. I think the only ones really upset about it were Joachim and Marie. In my opinion she is thinking about their futures and professional lives.

I absolutely agree with the Queen’s decision regarding Joachim’s children royal titles. She did it not out of spite but to allow them to have as normal of a life as possible. I think the only ones really upset about it were Joachim and Marie. In my opinion she is thinking about their futures and professional lives.

The older grandsons were p*ssed and said as much.

I do think they are kind of spoiled brats generally, but can't blame them here, I am no fan of taking something away from people vs. preventing them from getting something.

Reactions: Julide
Are we not allowed to post what is happening with UK royal family members in this thread if they don't have a thread of their own? Is the UK not considered being in Europe anymore?

This thread is for all the other non-UK royals since they have less chatter traction than the individual UK royals. Collectively they do have enough to keep this thread super interesting!

Reactions: Starflower2305
Could someone please spell out in clear and concise language exactly which royals are off limits in this thread?
I am so confused.

Question 1 - If non-uk, is the QueenCamilla post allowed because it is linked to the King Constantine service?
Question 2 - where do we put the posts about Lady Gabriella? Is there a British Royal Family thread?

Thank you.

I'd like to know too. Clearly it's not this thread since my post was deleted as being off topic and it's not Will & Kate either. Surely we can't just make another thread for all those royals who don't fit this thread or the existing British ones?

I'm confused.