Estimated price for a 3 carat Tiffany setting ring???

It just so happens that i was in Tiffany's today (Melbourne, VIC) and there was a 3 carat ring in there. We curiously asked the gentleman for the price... ready for this one guys... 3 carat, Lucinda $168,000 AU ouch!!!

It was absolutely gorgeous, honestly though who would ever believe that the ring was a. worth 168k and b. a tiffany.

Ladies and gentlemen what im trying to get at is... buy the diamond from a wholesaler and if you have your heart set on a Tiffany design, get a really good jeweler to replicate it.

:smile:

Congrats you seem like a very generous man.... from my personal perspective I think you should go to a different designer, I find Tiffany very generic, classic but generic. I would go to the VC&A route or Harry Winston. but that's just me. She is very lucky that she's getting such a large stone from a designer either way just wanted to give my 2cents.

I would check out Harry Winston... I used to want a T & Co engagement ring... however now that I am older, i find my taste changing... Tiff is kinda generic, I would much prefer Harry Winston =)

Ladies and gentlemen what im trying to get at is... buy the diamond from a wholesaler and if you have your heart set on a Tiffany design, get a really good jeweler to replicate it.

:smile:

I totally agree ... once the ring is on your finger, NO ONE will know where it's from ... they only will know how beautiful it is. We went to Tiffany and then bought the same size stone (2+ carats) at a wholesaler for 1/3 the cost, almost the same specs. The color was a little less, clarity was a little more than the Tiffany stone.

careful w/ Costco, they carry IGI diamonds which isn't a reputable certification at all. IGI can be up to 2 grades off or more, meaning if you pay a price for a stone they say is G color & VS1 clarity, it could TRULY be more like I-J color and SI1- SI2.

I can't copy the picture from Tiffany online but they do the most amazing 4 prong round diamond w/square cut chanel set diamonds on the side. I'm nuts over that ring, so I thought I'd bring it up.