[eRing] Single Solitaire or Side Stones?

What kind of engagement ring do you have?

• Single Solitaire

• 3 Stone

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really like the solitaire but sometimes if its not a good k stone it doesnt look as good, my bro wife has one with sidestones because my bro didnt opt for gettin alot of ks so it looked so cute like that, idk whats the case here, good luck!! love both that you posted though lol so hard to pick :girlsigh:

I went with the tiffany solitaire. It's a great stone and I wanted the diamond to be the focus of my ring. I didn't want any other little stones to get in the way of that.
I think if you have a fabulous quality diamond there's no need for the "extras" on the sides. Unless you like the look of them. :P

Perhaps on a future ring I may want multiple stones but for my E-ring solitaire was the way to go.:tup:

But like someone else has said, definitely try them on because the one that you think you won't like may be the one that is calling your name.

Have fun looking and trying on!:yahoo:

i think trillions look great but for me personally i have a princess cut solitaire and i love it ... im going to go with a micro pave wedding ring so for me that was enough bling.

I have a single saltire which is supposed to be a temporary setting. I live in Athens, Greece and bought the stone in New York where I am originally from. I still deciding if I want to reset the stone or not but I have to say the single saltire and the simplicity of it is growing on me. I am thinking about setting in a micro-pave which I know is very popular now but I have always liked antique jewelry with the micro pave. One thing to considered is if you will be wearing you wedding band together or separate, do you want them to match, fit inside together, etc...?

I just looked up in a book I had The Expert's Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do and number 85 is Buy a Diamond by Ronald Winston, CEO & President of Harry Winston. He suggets that, "two side stones can provide an enhancement effect at a relatively small increment cost."

We all have different preferences. This is my HOF wedding set...
ringondeck007a.jpg

I love both solitaire and side stones. With side stones the ring looks particularly stunning with a significantly larger center stone like the Harry Winston style. When the side stones are close in size to the center stone, I feel those rings are better as right hand rings or stacking rings, personally.

Attachments

• Harry%20Winston.jpg
    Harry%20Winston.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 624
I have one that is similar to the one the OP posted with the baguettes on the side only mine has 3 baguettes on either side and then princesses on either side of the baguettes. I too agree with the poster said that the baguettes kind of frame the center stone and make it flow. But, then again, we all love different rings for different reasons.

b440b771.jpg
133f62dc.jpg

I adore the single stone rings, I think you get the biggest stone for the most money, where my ring cost us $5000 but the center stone alone is only .64ct, even tho my ring is hughe all together...... I think I could have gotten a big center stone instead for that money- but oh well, at least we designed the ring ourselfs :smile:

My engagement ring is a round solitaire. I adore it! I didn't choose, the BF picked it out. Today he bought me another diamond ring that kind of "fits" with it; I have no idea what it's called, but it's made to complement a solitaire; when you wear both together it looks like a solitaire ring with tapered stones, as similar to the OP (baguettes, and smaller round stones, I believe, but I have no clue about all the different diamond names/cuts/styles). I like the concept, although I didn't think about it at all before he mentioned buying it; the solitaire by itself was just fine. It's being sized down from a 7 to a 5.75, but I can't WAIT to get it! Although, if he had put what he spent today with what he spent on the solitaire, I could have had a larger solitaire! But I don't complain--it's the thought that counts, and I didn't ask for either one, and hey, who turns down diamonds? Not me, amigo.

Last edited: